Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  LadyAttis is a bitch
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: LadyAttis is a bitch  (Read 23005 times)

Riddler

Re: LadyAttis is a bitch
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2009, 07:52:54 PM »

Rage some more.

no rage here...
just don't accept bullshit at this terminal.....
next?.....

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2009, 10:22:20 PM »

Rage some more.

no rage here...
just don't accept bullshit at this terminal.....
next?.....

I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2009, 10:48:44 PM »

I want to explain my video since I'm a terrible speaker, and a better writer, most of the time. The issue that I contend with Ian is the belief that shoving the "message of liberty" down the throats of the unwilling or firmly statist-in-paradigm can do worse for the liberty movement than good. My reasoning on this comes from the clear understanding that those who already support statism in some form are firmly set in their thought processes. This is conclusion is based both in an understanding of neurology where at a certain age, usually in one's 30s, that a person becomes extremely unlikely to change in his or hers own mode of thinking. This doesn't mean just how fast a person can take up new information, but how willing they are to accept the logical/deductive conclusions that can be derived from it. My second basis for this conclusion comes from the fact that all social and scientific breakthroughs have never taken out the old guard by converting them. Whether it's the Steady State theorists, which still exist, or the Classical Liberals (as Neo-Liberals) the defeated paradigm thinkers/believers are still around for when the new victorious paradigm takes over. So, having folks call into Talk Back or any other clearly statist venue (as Ian promotes) won't work at all.

(Possible Objection: Okay then, smart ass, what will work?)

My suggestion(s) are quite simple: keep up with the civil disobedience, look for more "Jason-Osbornes", and don't ignore educating the young.

The first suggestion is obvious, even to Ian, as social change requires social action.

The second suggestion is something that comes from my own understanding of all things that I've dealt with on a personal level: it takes money to keep shit going. So, to ignore the economic reality of the liberty movement is like ignoring the fuel needed to keep the pistons in your car moving (thus ignoring the necessary component of its operation as desired). Thus, when I say look for more Jason-Osbornes, it doesn't merely mean pander to the rich (a la Bill Koch), but rather it can mean that some of us can become like Jason and get shit done (and be comfy at home while we're at it).

The third point is something I may not have to expand on like the first one, but I think at least it should be touched upon. Ian is quite receptive to speaking to teenagers on the show, and I respect him greatly for that. I think Ian knows well enough how often "kids" in the world today are ignored, especially more so in the United States, thus he has a level of empathy for those of us who are younger in the liberty movement and shows a great deal of ability in speaking to them. That is one thing I want Ian to do more of on the show (I probably won't have to tell him as it comes naturally to him if anyone's listened to the show in the last two years...) and that I think Mark is also showing some deal of capacity for as well. The reason one should speak to the young and educate them on the issues of liberty is obvious: they grow up and they replace any one of us when we die. It's like a life insurance policy, but with the added benefit that you'll have the chance to influence someone into continuing down the same path that you intended seeing through. Whether it's your own kid or the kid on your street, don't be shy about talking to them despite all the "pedo paranoia." That kid might turn into the wo/man that will truly change the world.

I would also like to point out that the belief that geo-concentration is a substitute for anything that I've stated so far is bullshit on the grounds of my points so far, but more so on the reality that societies cannot be engineered like any other system in Nature. Societies are self-generated from the participants involved. And thusly, it can only be those participants that change it. If you're outnumbered 10 to 1 in terms of changing a social norm, you're shit out of luck in the short term, but in the long term you have better odds. So, I want to also emphasize the subpoint that the time scale Ian may imagine "liberty in our lifetime" will be is clearly not going to be the case by any stretch of the imagination. As such, I can only guess that before the final days of my life, I may get a glimpse of that world which may better reflect what I wanted to have now, but I don't feel any discouragement from such a likely fact (unlike folks like Ian) as I realize that not everyday is a sunny day and not every life can find a happy ending.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

Bill Brasky

« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2009, 11:26:15 PM »

Don't take any guff from these swine. 

Changed My Mind

« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2009, 02:32:52 PM »

oink
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  LadyAttis is a bitch

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 31 queries.