Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  L. Neil Smith turns out to be a statist asshole
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: L. Neil Smith turns out to be a statist asshole  (Read 49365 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: L. Neil Smith turns out to be a statist asshole
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2010, 02:47:59 PM »

I will not stop advocating the reading of Smith's novels and articles for the good that is in them, on every other subject than copyright.

I too am willing to respect the product of a man's intellect, where appropriate, without regard to the disappointment in his actions.

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
  • Join the Counter Economy
    • View Profile
    • The San Francisco Muslim Examiner
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2010, 02:50:53 PM »

His responses:

Davi, I am not a Galambosian and you are free to call yourself whatever you like. I could make a suggestion or two.

I'm glad you found my article offensive. It was intended to be, to you and your ilk. I haven't even started. That you would accuse me of collectivism for defending my individual rights is an act of insanity -- or desperation.

It's also kind of funny.

N.

I'm not calling him a collectivist for believing in IP. I'm calling him a collectivist for collectivizing his accusations against all Shire members and not individuals he believes have damaged him.

He also wrote

By the way, my wife, who worked as a typesetter for many years and has also practiced calligraphy informs me that your claim to have laboriously hand-lettered the document in question -- at least our copy of it -- is a lie.

Typical of what I've come to expect from you and yours.

I'll probably mention that in my next article on this subject.

N.

That's because the pic on the article is a digital mock up. It's not an actual photo of the work. Anyone who signed it can verify that it was hand written, and the fact that I posted photos in progress to twitter as I hand wrote it can verify that.. Love this accusation though.

My response:

Mr. Smith

Excellent. So you acknowledge that your accusation is against me as an individual, and now that you allege that I am personally a liar, as apposed to your previous collectivist claims that "we" are liars.

How do you respond to my request that this matter be arbitrated by an impartial third party?

Best Regards
Davi

That is... the only issue left.
"The Greatest Jihad is to speak a word of truth in the face of a tyrant."
~Prophet Muhammad

I'm tired of Repeating Myself

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2010, 03:12:04 PM »

He responded:

> How do you respond to my request that this matter be arbitrated by an impartial third party?

You really are a parasite, aren't you? I will not give you a taller soapbox to stand on. If necessary, I'll write about that, and I reach many times the people you do. But it doesn't matter. I'm discovering that hardly any real libertarians in New Hampshire can stand you and your merry band, which I find very interesting. You're a lot like little boys who like to write dirty words on walls.

And if two, or three, or four individuals are thieves, it is not collectivism to say so. You and your friends desperately need a better education.

N.

And I responded:

Mr Smith

I am not in New Hampshire. I am not asking for a taller soapbox. I am asking for an equal hearing before an impartial arbiter in a voluntary trial. I have pledged to offer you the restitution you prove I owe you in such a trial. If you will not engage in that process, I can only assume you cannot prove that I have damaged you, in which case I hope that you will withdraw the accusations and insults that you have waged against me. If you continue to wage these accusations and insults against me, and refuse to submit to private arbitration, I can only assume that you do not believe in the efficacy of the free society you yourself advocate.

I have asked you how I have injured you. I have asked you what amount will make you feel whole. I have asked you to engage in a process of dispute resolution. And you remain petulant.

My opinion is that you are ignoring a monumental opportunity in the progress of the liberty movement to prove in a landmark case that private arbitration is a viable model for stateless justice. If you ignore this opportunity you have only testified by your action that you do not believe in the efficacy of stateless justice.

Regards
Davi

I have not been insulting. I have not been rude or condescending. I have been nothing but communicative and curious about his position. I have been logging all our emails here.
~Prophet Muhammad

alaric89

« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »

Disclaimer!!!! Mr. 89 is in no way involved in the shire society. He is just a dusjbag poster on the Fretalklive BBS.

I kind of wonder what Mr. Smith wants.
Shire society can say: "O.K. We, at the very least, used your work as inspiration for ours, and you deserve just compensation. You want a share in profits, a blow job, what?"

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »

Disclaimer!!!! Mr. 89 is in no way involved in the shire society. He is just a dusjbag poster on the Fretalklive BBS.

I kind of wonder what Mr. Smith wants.
Shire society can say: "O.K. We, at the very least, used your work as inspiration for ours, and you deserve just compensation. You want a share in profits, a blow job, what?"

I did say that... minus the blow job
~Prophet Muhammad

alaric89

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2010, 03:18:29 PM »

I tend to use humor when dealing with stupidity and sex jokes usually get the job done.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2010, 03:20:18 PM »

This guy cannot be reached.  There is apparently some form of mental dysfunction here.  

My latest email was rebuffed with even more "talking down" to, false claims, and basically, hysteria.  He is seemingly in a hell of his own making.  My advice is to dismiss his latest communication as such, and not get as emotionally tied into it as many of us have become.  I believe the internet footprint of this probably speaks for itself.

BTW, he continues to claim I wrote things I never wrote, which is part of the reason I used the extreme term I did for his apparent condition.  Remember when the Britney Spears situation stopped being funny and started being sad?  I think we're about there.  Maybe it's time to stop altogether.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:23:54 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

SethCohn

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2010, 03:38:30 PM »

At least you are getting responses, I've gotten none to my reply to his 'essay', despite emailing him, Ken, and a few others.
I know Stephan Kinsella saw it, cause he blogged a link to it.

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=3502.msg39086#msg39086

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2010, 03:45:48 PM »

I cannot fully express my disappointment.  It's much greater than this issue--it's the workability of a stateless society that troubles me more and more (and that doesn't mean I'm interested in reverting to acceptance of state aggression--it's a disappointment in humanity.)

I realize I'm just repeating myself, so I will repeat myself:

http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2009/tle549-20091220-05.html

This brings to mind that we, as in society in general, are going to have to deal with copyright.

In long, sometimes very hostile, discussions, it has become clear to me that the government "Letters Patent" monopoly grants have infected the thinking of many people, maybe most, as deeply if not more so than the ever popular issue of "roads".

I will not stop advocating the reading of Smith's novels and articles for the good that is in them, on every other subject than copyright.

It's interesting that Curt Howland references being called insane.  I believe Neil called me insane in one of his screeds.  It seems apparent that people on (or over) the edge of insanity have a propensity to calling others insane.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2010, 03:47:31 PM »

At least you are getting responses, I've gotten none to my reply to his 'essay', despite emailing him, Ken, and a few others.
I know Stephan Kinsella saw it, cause he blogged a link to it.

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=3502.msg39086#msg39086

He's probably been busy insulting the likes of Davi, me, and others.  He claims he hasn't "gotten around to Kinsella yet," BTW, so maybe he respects you more.

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2010, 03:49:17 PM »

He claims he hasn't "gotten around to Kinsella yet," BTW, so maybe he respects you more.

There is still the chance that the rigorous logic Kinsell shows will get through Smith's mind filter.

Ooops, an artifact of my EST experience surfaces!
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »

He claims he hasn't "gotten around to Kinsella yet," BTW, so maybe he respects you more.

There is still the chance that the rigorous logic Kinsell shows will get through Smith's mind filter.

Ooops, an artifact of my EST experience surfaces!

I think he's the guy who got through to me--it was probably the same week someone else convinced me that free market security would be better than state police and military.

ForumTroll

« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2010, 06:10:24 PM »

I have just received a nasty, insult- and error-laced diatribe, not worthy of repeating here, to which I replied:

"Thank you for your kind and thoughtful response."

Signs of a man losing a battle.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2010, 06:15:50 PM »

I have just received a nasty, insult- and error-laced diatribe, not worthy of repeating here, to which I replied:

"Thank you for your kind and thoughtful response."

Signs of a man losing a battle.

Are you referring to the insults and errors?  He did tone it down (some), which was the intent--that, and/or to shame him for his demeanor--and the discussion continued.  Unfortunately, he still talked down to me and made baseless claims, misrepresenting me, and others.  One of his most irritating themes is that there's a "you guys" who are hurting him.  I did nothing except have an opinion, and I basically told him so.

ForumTroll

« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2010, 06:52:39 PM »

Whatever's making him act like a prick.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  L. Neil Smith turns out to be a statist asshole

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.