Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Keene
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keene  (Read 1505 times)

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
  • Aint no thang but a chicken wing!
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
Keene
« on: January 27, 2010, 03:00:53 AM »

Since I don't actually see one here, I thought I'd start it.  This page is for any and all info on Keene!  Shops, Apartments, Jobs, etc.  I know about freekeene, but thought perhaps this might be a good idea anyways :)  And I'll be keeping an eye out, I am looking for a job so that I can relocate. . .
Feel free to add me to facebook, or contact me on MSN.

AL the Inconspicuous

Re: Keene
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 04:22:31 AM »

I'm a big fan of all the Free Stater in Keene, but I don't think it's a good location for new arrivals.  I'd pick a place where you can buy a lot of cheap land and where the property taxes are low.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 05:37:48 AM »

I'm a big fan of all the Free Stater in Keene, but I don't think it's a good location for new arrivals.  I'd pick a place where you can buy a lot of cheap land and where the property taxes are low.

While Keene doesn't have as many open high paying jobs (hardly any) as any of south-central or southeastern NH, it is a good place for new arrivals.  More pro-liberty focused CD happens in Keene than the rest of NH combined.  People travel from all over NH to Keene to do CD.  Additionally, the agorist economy is as strong or stronger in Keene than anywhere else in NH (sliver, hair cuts, taxi, drugs, food...).  Food prices are falling in Keene because the Wal-Mart food selection expanded last year, the dollar store will greatly expand next month and the least expensive grocery store chain in the state will open a store in Keene in the Spring.  Also, most new movers rent, at least for a few months, if not years.  Keene has lots of inexpensive entertainment options including free events plus discounted food and beverage specials.  Keene has several options for cheap rent: a room by the week, a couch by the week, a couch by the month, many rooms by the month and more.

Additionally, the more radical and/or outspoken folks, like some of those found on this BBS, seem to get along better with folks in Keene than in other parts of NH.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 10:12:33 PM »

Its where I'd like to end up (but I havent done much research yet).
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Keene

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 31 queries.