Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Juicing?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Juicing?  (Read 9016 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Juicing?
« on: May 28, 2012, 09:52:39 PM »

A few weeks ago I finally got the chance to watch Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  We have purchased a juicer to just get more fruits and veggies in to our diet.  I eat a lot of fruits and veggies, and not much meat, but I was wondering if any of you have ever tried juice fasting like in the film.  We are considering trying it when we eat through most of the food in the house. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: Juicing?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 11:00:38 PM »

I never have, but a friend of mine does it every so often. He goes back to his regular diet, then gets a bug up his ass to try again. He likes to get gum to chew on to replace the urge to be chewing food, which is pretty intense sometimes when you're drinking all of your meals. Also a bit of lethargy in the first 3 or 4 days after you start. He swears his energy level goes up and his head is much clearer after that though, but that might be a placebo effect in my opinion. Who knows.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 11:10:29 PM »

Juice fasting started great, but ended horribly for me.

I juice often, but it's now just because I like it and it's good for me, not as main food source.
Cutting all meat, dairy, bread and junk carbs for a few days in favor of eating fruit, veggies and raw almonds - and drinking fresh juice - gives me similar benefits, without the downside.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 02:21:31 AM »

A few weeks ago I finally got the chance to watch Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.

Try watching Fat Head. He talks about juicing early on.

jerry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 02:36:44 AM »

According to this: http://www.naturalnews.com/035400_juicing_cannabis_remedies.html some juices are very good for autoimmune problems.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 04:15:08 PM »

Saw the title and thought it was about 'roids.

Oh well time to go juice me some bacon.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »

You could always infuse vodka with bacon, then add to freshly juiced tomatoes :)
http://www.instructables.com/id/Bacon-Infused-Vodka/
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 09:43:55 PM »

Saw the title and thought it was about 'roids.

Yeah, I thought this was going to go into Jersey Shore territory :P

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 10:03:17 PM »

A few weeks ago I finally got the chance to watch Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.

Try watching Fat Head. He talks about juicing early on.

Oh I watched that too.  Along with a whole slew of other things that are related. 

Juice fasting started great, but ended horribly for me.

I juice often, but it's now just because I like it and it's good for me, not as main food source.
Cutting all meat, dairy, bread and junk carbs for a few days in favor of eating fruit, veggies and raw almonds - and drinking fresh juice - gives me similar benefits, without the downside.

What made it end so horribly?  :(
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 10:48:20 PM »

Well, Lindsey, I used to have shakes every day, and on some busy days I would substitute them for food.

The amount of fiber in them can make things........explosive.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 12:29:33 AM »

Well, Lindsey, I used to have shakes every day, and on some busy days I would substitute them for food.

By shakes do you mean juice?  Or do you mean something pre-packaged with added supplements? 

I never have, but a friend of mine does it every so often. He goes back to his regular diet, then gets a bug up his ass to try again. He likes to get gum to chew on to replace the urge to be chewing food, which is pretty intense sometimes when you're drinking all of your meals. Also a bit of lethargy in the first 3 or 4 days after you start. He swears his energy level goes up and his head is much clearer after that though, but that might be a placebo effect in my opinion. Who knows.

I've seen the same thing about the first few days being awful.  Supposedly it is all the toxins leaving your body.  Obviously there will be some digestive upset in pretty much everyone when you drastically change your diet in any way.  So I'm sure that will be totally awesome.
         -George W. Bush

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 03:46:13 AM »

By shakes do you mean juice?  Or do you mean something pre-packaged with added supplements? 

I've seen the same thing about the first few days being awful.  Supposedly it is all the toxins leaving your body.  Obviously there will be some digestive upset in pretty much everyone when you drastically change your diet in any way.  So I'm sure that will be totally awesome.
A mixture of supplements. I tried to make sure I had enough of everything, every day.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 09:15:49 AM »

What made it end so horribly?  :(

I had heartburn, 24/7. I'm sure some of it was caused by bouncing while running, but when I started eating all the fruits and veggies instead of dropping them in the juicer... everything was fine.

david

• View Profile
    • The Electronic Cigarette Forum
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 04:02:45 PM »

That is a great documentary. Juicing is great for short periods of time (if your healthy). If you are a fast food/box food junkie, you might try doing a few weeks of juicing to detox yourself a little. If you want to get healthy, however, you don't have to go totally 100% juice. Try 50% or 70% and then eat the remaining portion as raw food. Raw Food -- Real Food -- is so much more tasty than any of the sugary/salty boxed-food that can be purchased from a supermarkets. Once you get started, you can become obsessed on all the insanely delicious foods that you can eat (and make). I could make some food for you that would blow your mind. Cheese Cake, anyone (made from cashews, dates and lemon)? How about chocolate mint ice cream (made out of avocados, peppermint and bitter-sweet chocolate)? Once you go raw, you'll see what's behind the curtain in OZ. The food industry and the medical industry like sick people. Sick people are also less likely to protest too so the government loves it too. How can you protest if you are bed-ridden?

If we switched to growing our own food or buying it from local farms, many of the problems of this country would be solved.
eCigs.net - The Electronic Cigarette Forum

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 10:42:45 PM »

I'm totally excited that there is an all-organic farmer's market near by.  They grow most of the stuff in the middle of a neighborhood, haha.  They sell it where it is grown, which is awesome.  I've been watching other films about genetically engineered foods, local produce, etc., so I'm excited for the markets to open so I can stop seeing all the stickers on my produce that are labeled Mexico. 

That is a great documentary. Juicing is great for short periods of time (if your healthy). If you are a fast food/box food junkie, you might try doing a few weeks of juicing to detox yourself a little. If you want to get healthy, however, you don't have to go totally 100% juice. Try 50% or 70% and then eat the remaining portion as raw food. Raw Food -- Real Food -- is so much more tasty than any of the sugary/salty boxed-food that can be purchased from a supermarkets. Once you get started, you can become obsessed on all the insanely delicious foods that you can eat (and make). I could make some food for you that would blow your mind. Cheese Cake, anyone (made from cashews, dates and lemon)? How about chocolate mint ice cream (made out of avocados, peppermint and bitter-sweet chocolate)? Once you go raw, you'll see what's behind the curtain in OZ. The food industry and the medical industry like sick people. Sick people are also less likely to protest too so the government loves it too. How can you protest if you are bed-ridden?

If we switched to growing our own food or buying it from local farms, many of the problems of this country would be solved.

I think we are going to ease in to a fast by eating fruits and veggies (will try for mostly raw, definitely no sauces, oils, or salt), and then see if we can do only juice.  After the fast I plan on cutting out most animal products.  I have been cutting back, and not eating much meat.  I don't know if I can give up cheese totally, but even cutting back 90+ percent will be a huge improvement.  It will be a fun experiment to try new ways of eating and see how we feel.
         -George W. Bush
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Juicing?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.