Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  John's Gun O' The Day Thread (Updated 12/01/2007)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: John's Gun O' The Day Thread (Updated 12/01/2007)  (Read 26713 times)

fisher

Re: John's Gun O' The Day Thread (Updated 08/15/2007)
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2007, 02:16:06 PM »

pistol grips on shotguns...meh
But when I see a Benelli M4, it makes me happy.

mrapplecastle

« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2007, 02:22:26 PM »

pistol grips on shotguns...meh
But when I see a Benelli M4, it makes me happy.

yes
here a some heavily modified Izmash/saiga ak style shotguns

fisher

« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2007, 02:34:01 PM »

I was goning to convert a pre-ban AK to a all black krinkov back in 2002. I got the tax stamp for a SBR, but then everything got all fucked up with the gunsmith. I ended up selling the AK before the ban expired, and sold the krink part kit. I sent the tax stamp back to the BATF and asked for a refund. Nine months went by and I didn't get a response, so I sent a letter, with a copy of the tax stamp. The reply I got back said they needed the original tax stamp. I explained in the letter that I had sent the orignal tax stamp nine months earlier. I even had signiture confirmation for all mail, and included that in the letter too. I guess they didn't read the letter. Anyway, I always forget about this, and it still isn't resolved.

So I am wondering if I should just register one of my AR-15s as an SBR, and just get a new upper, or should I live out the dream and build a SBR AK?
I wanted the SBR for the NinjaCam crap, and I am just getting around to wanting it. Five years later.

bonerjoe

« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2007, 02:41:34 PM »

Anyway, when I got around to testing it, I was at an indoor range, and could only use slugs, and it still had just the pistol grip. It was only 2 3/4" shells, but my hand got messed up. I think I only shot it 10 times. The target was close, and I could hit it, but it messed up my hand. After I shot it, I couldn't even shot my 9mm handgun very well. I didn't feel the pain till the next day, and my hand hurt for a month after that. I think something got ripped.

No shit. There went my dreams of being a Terminator-esque vigilante with a motorcycle and a pistol grip shotgun.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2007, 02:43:37 PM »

I was goning to convert a pre-ban AK to a all black krinkov back in 2002. I got the tax stamp for a SBR, but then everything got all fucked up with the gunsmith. I ended up selling the AK before the ban expired, and sold the krink part kit. I sent the tax stamp back to the BATF and asked for a refund. Nine months went by and I didn't get a response, so I sent a letter, with a copy of the tax stamp. The reply I got back said they needed the original tax stamp. I explained in the letter that I had sent the orignal tax stamp nine months earlier. I even had signiture confirmation for all mail, and included that in the letter too. I guess they didn't read the letter. Anyway, I always forget about this, and it still isn't resolved.

So I am wondering if I should just register one of my AR-15s as an SBR, and just get a new upper, or should I live out the dream and build a SBR AK?
I wanted the SBR for the NinjaCam crap, and I am just getting around to wanting it. Five years later.

I'm not brave enough to draw attention by going out and getting into NFA stuff.

Squirt guns are cool, don't get me wrong, but there's no way I'd want to have an ATF audit.

Besides, in the unlikely event of a SHTF, burst mode/squirt guns really aren't that useful. Give me an accurate, reliable semi any day.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

bonerjoe

« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2007, 02:46:33 PM »

Besides, in the unlikely event of a SHTF, burst mode/squirt guns really aren't that useful. Give me an accurate, reliable semi any day.

After playing with them I would concur. I think a minigun is about the only thing that's really useful, cause at least you can keep it on target. Those choppers get uncontrollable real quick. Burst mode, maybe...

fisher

« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2007, 02:58:06 PM »

I think I would only want a .22, cus that is the only ammo I would want to squirt, and just for fun. Don't some people have full auto 10/22s?

Belt fed, with a bipod/tripod, would be nice, if it was free. Tracking targets..... 8)

The tommy gun is supposed to be the shit....mmmmm.... I would like to try one out.

Even with full auto, it's all about bursts.

fisher

« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2007, 03:04:09 PM »

I'm not brave enough to draw attention by going out and getting into NFA stuff.
I should clairify. I didn't get a tax stamp, a company I am the president of did.  8)

I'm the president of Another Dimension.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 04:47:02 PM by fisher »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2007, 03:03:46 PM »

08-20-2007

Today we have a visitor! Charlie wanted to get in on the act, and was loving on the magazine. Charlie gets what he wants.

This is a WASR-10 AK-47 knockoff. They do everything a real AK does minus select mode for three hundred bones. This one is a double stack model. Everyone knows a lot about these guns so there's not really much to say other than they always work, just as advertised. Fair aim, never wears out, built like a brick, design stolen from American and German guns. (Garand and StG44, respectively.)

Every person who worries about a SHTF scenario should have one of these. Charlie the cat agrees.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 03:05:32 PM by John Shaw »

bonerjoe

Re: John's Gun O' The Day Thread (Updated 08/20/2007)
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2007, 03:10:25 PM »

What is the best AK out there? There's like a million to pick from.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2007, 03:17:44 PM »

Mind you that this is total opinion.

Grand Prize: Valmet
http://www.valmetweapons.com/

1 Tie: Russian/Bulgarian
2 North Korean (accurate as sin)
3 Hungarian
4 Romanian
5 Yugoslavian
6 East German
7 Iraqi
8 Tie Chinese/Egyptian-both have problems that I don't like from time to time.
9 Polish

Keep in mind that Internet Quality <> Real Quality.
Most AK clones are damned good. Don't let people fool you. You've seen how much money I have into guns, and I chose to buy a cheapassed Century. That will give you my opinion better than anything else. Mine is Romanian, BTW.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 03:22:10 PM by John Shaw »

bonerjoe

« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2007, 03:22:46 PM »

Thank you, kind sir.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2007, 03:24:09 PM »

Thank you, kind sir.

Sure thing!

My advice, go to the nearest Dunham's and buy the $299 special after looking at the gas assembly and making sure it's not canted to one side.

You'll be perfectly happy.

bonerjoe

« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2007, 03:48:05 PM »

Thank you, kind sir.

Sure thing!

My advice, go to the nearest Dunham's and buy the $299 special after looking at the gas assembly and making sure it's not canted to one side.

You'll be perfectly happy.

The guy in the flea market has a nice looking "pistol" model.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  John's Gun O' The Day Thread (Updated 12/01/2007)

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.