Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  iWATCH Stasi-Like Citizen Program
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iWATCH Stasi-Like Citizen Program  (Read 1771 times)

lberns1

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
iWATCH Stasi-Like Citizen Program
« on: October 20, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »

iWATCH Stasi-Like Citizen Program Spy on your neighbour McCarthyism propaganda

[youtube=425,350]LciBRRkG_y8[/youtube]

Manuel_OKelly

• Objectivist
    • View Profile
Re: iWATCH Stasi-Like Citizen Program
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 10:06:10 PM »

Think about the POWER of Iwatch. Don't like somebody, just go look through the hundred thousand laws or so and report, let the police decide if they are a threat.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:11:36 PM »

Think about the POWER of Iwatch. Don't like somebody, just go look through the hundred thousand laws or so and report, let the police decide if they are a threat.
Actually you just gave me an idea.

I'm going to look through http://www.dumblaws.com/ and find the most inane offenses and call the police and report them.

Maybe I won't really do it, but it could be funny.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Manuel_OKelly

• Objectivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 11:17:54 PM »

You know that sounds awesome. Any time you run into a statist you call in on them. It reminds me of what stopped the stazi, Warehouses of paperwork and no way to look through it all.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 11:34:01 PM »

This one is just as good as the previous vid.

[youtube=425,350]--bgb2SMpZo[/youtube]

1. Have you employed a celebrity to further your message? Check.
2. Is the background music ominous enough, and are your graphics comparable to those seen on network news? Check.
3. Did you reference NineEleven? Check. Oh you mentioned the OK bombings as well? Bonus! Footage of both tragedies? Headshot!
4. Have you staged reenactments to help the viewing audience understand what it is they are expected to do? Check.
5. Are the authorities in your production stone-faced and ready to defend America, and is there footage of mean looking police cruisers with lights flashing? Check.
6. Have you referenced what "experts say" in your clip? Check.
7. Does your project have an acronym (this is a must-have for all serious PR projects) ? Check.
8. Repeat the message repeat the message... repeat the message? Check.
9. *Have you reenacted crime methods that the bad guys will be witnessed doing so citizens will now exactly what to look for? Check.

*Interesting to note that in this video the core evildoers are white people. The evil lady does have dark hair and somewhat thick eyebrows, but her face is not covered and I think she may even be wearing shorts, so I assume she is a white devil. There is also a black male featured as a fiend, but absent are any no-gooders of Arabic or Middle Eastern appearance. In fact I didn't even see a beard on any of the culprits. So apparently the average terrorist is a white male, 22-30 years old, perhaps edgy looking, like a Moto-Cross rider.

I'm always curious to see if I can learn which ad agencies are used to produce these vids. No luck on the first one, but I did find this link that exposes one of those serious, weepy citizens with half their face blurred out to draw the viewer into the film as if it is an work of art as being an actor! Who knew that the chubby guy is actually..... "Mr. Pringles the Pervert" ?!

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

AOD_Horseman

• Yours Truly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 05:26:11 AM »

According to the broad definition of terrorism, and with iWatch's recommendation to report anything I see, hear, or smell that may be suspicious, I should make a report every time I smell bacon.

Oh, wait, the police don't count as domestic terrorism. Nevermind.
Bushi no ichi-gon

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 07:13:53 AM »

According to the broad definition of terrorism, and with iWatch's recommendation to report anything I see, hear, or smell that may be suspicious, I should make a report every time I smell bacon.

Oh, wait, the police don't count as domestic terrorism. Nevermind.
Eh?  Why not?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

AOD_Horseman

• Yours Truly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 09:53:55 PM »

Because the people that get to define terrorism FOR us are the ones that use it against us, naturally.
Bushi no ichi-gon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  iWATCH Stasi-Like Citizen Program

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.