Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  It's time for another Jew thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down

Author Topic: It's time for another Jew thread  (Read 100186 times)

Fred

• View Profile
Re: It's time for another Jew thread
« Reply #240 on: February 08, 2012, 07:51:52 PM »

nO - Not destruction just quit trying to be the bully.

You can't frame Israel into being the bully if its the other countries that keep provoking the attacks.

Examples would be

and Operation Cast Lead

there you go..

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 08, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »

Iran IS threatening the US, but that's for another thread.  And they have threatened multiple times to initiate force against their neighbors by blockading Hormuz, which is a total joke, but a threat none the less.  Shutting down the straight would be preventing commerce to a bunch of nations that you have clearly illustrated in your picture.

The link I posted last was to an article that pointed out that Iran has been threatening genocide and nuclear holocaust on their official government websites.  Their government officials have been giving speeches about this and their government news services promote racism and anti-Jewish propaganda to everyone, even including children's shows, for a long time.

Threatening initiation of force is a violation of the NAP.  Destroying their weapons and weapons research facilities is reciprocation of force or threats of force and is perfectly justified.

You're just escalating force - when you're threatened (each side) day in day out, of course this happens.  It takes courage to change the dialogue.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 08, 2012, 08:13:45 PM »

Iran IS threatening the US, but that's for another thread.  And they have threatened multiple times to initiate force against their neighbors by blockading Hormuz, which is a total joke, but a threat none the less.  Shutting down the straight would be preventing commerce to a bunch of nations that you have clearly illustrated in your picture.

The link I posted last was to an article that pointed out that Iran has been threatening genocide and nuclear holocaust on their official government websites.  Their government officials have been giving speeches about this and their government news services promote racism and anti-Jewish propaganda to everyone, even including children's shows, for a long time.

Threatening initiation of force is a violation of the NAP.  Destroying their weapons and weapons research facilities is reciprocation of force or threats of force and is perfectly justified.

You're just escalating force - when you're threatened (each side) day in day out, of course this happens.  It takes courage to change the dialogue.
I assume you don't keep a gun in your home...

This pacifist argument just doesn't work for me.  At all.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 08, 2012, 09:08:38 PM »

You're just escalating force - when you're threatened (each side) day in day out, of course this happens.  It takes courage to change the dialogue.
I assume you don't keep a gun in your home...

This pacifist argument just doesn't work for me.  At all.

You assume wrong - try breaking in here.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #244 on: February 08, 2012, 09:16:28 PM »

I'm no fan of US aid to Israel, but I do take Israel's side of the argument. If things were the way they should be, concerning funding to other countries, I'd probably donate a few bucks to Israel myself. Same goes for every other country on the planet. If Iran is making serious legitimate threats towards Israel, they should do everything they can to stop it.

As far as Iran threatening the US with a nuclear strike........ pffft, whatever. They might be nuts, but they're not suicidal. They know they would cease to exist if they made the move. Thats why they never will.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Fred

• View Profile

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »

I'm no fan of US aid to Israel, but I do take Israel's side of the argument. If things were the way they should be, concerning funding to other countries, I'd probably donate a few bucks to Israel myself. Same goes for every other country on the planet. If Iran is making serious legitimate threats towards Israel, they should do everything they can to stop it.

As far as Iran threatening the US with a nuclear strike........ pffft, whatever. They might be nuts, but they're not suicidal. They know they would cease to exist if they made the move. Thats why they never will.
This is a fair assessment.  I actually agree with it.  The US should cease foreign aid to all countries.  Right now the US government actually gives way more money to Islamo-fascist countries than to Israel, and that is just fucked up.  Back when Israel was formed, it was funded primarily by American Jewish donors, who gave their money voluntarily in order to help see a free, healthy economy blossom in the Middle East.  Israeli-American organizations still do a lot to help improve the geo-political region known as Israel.  Foreign aid isn't necessary, but in my opinion, if we are to eliminate foreign aid to Israel it needs to be done proportionally to foreign aid with all other countries.  Ideally it should just be zero.
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 10, 2012, 09:57:55 AM »

I'm no fan of US aid to Israel, but I do take Israel's side of the argument.

I don't because the Jewish-racist states side of the argument is based on the false premise that the land belongs to Jews

If Islamo-fascists were forced to leave that area, they should be allowed to return.

Ok, fine.

Give your house back to the indians. I mean, if we're gonna undo all the mistakes of the past, right?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:15:11 AM by quickmike »

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 10, 2012, 11:53:07 AM »

So muslims cant live in Israel, at all?

I'll admit, my knowledge on that particular subject is super limited.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 10, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »

So muslims cant live in Israel, at all?

I'll admit, my knowledge on that particular subject is super limited.
Muslims have full citizenship in Israel, there are several Muslim members of the Knesset (their parliament).

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 10, 2012, 12:23:47 PM »

So my Muslim/american-indian comparison holds water?

I mean, if muslims are allowed to live in Israel, and american-indians are allowed to live in the US, whats the difference? What needs to change as far as Israel goes, concerning muslims?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:34:33 PM by quickmike »

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 10, 2012, 01:49:59 PM »

What needs to change as far as Israel goes, concerning muslims?
Not muslims, Palestinian Arabs.  The ones that have been forced to leave should be allowed to return.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_right_of_return

In June 1948, the Israeli government stated its position, which was reiterated in a letter to the United Nations on 2 August 1949, that in its view a solution to the Palestinian refugee problem must be sought, not through the return of the refugees to Israel, but through the resettlement of the Palestinian Arab refugee population in other states.[16]

None were forced to leave.  The ones who stayed became Israelis, their descendants own businesses and vote and hold Israeli passports just like Israeli Jews, Atheists, and Christians, the ones who left to aid the Islamo-fascist military invasions in 48 were refused re-entry.

According to Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics, the Arab population in 2010 was estimated at 1,573,000, representing 20.4% of the country's population.

Most of the Arabs living in East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights, occupied by Israel since the Six-Day War of 1967, were offered Israeli citizenship, but refused, not wanting to recognize Israeli sovereignty. They became permanent residents.[9] They are entitled to municipal services and have municipal voting rights.

Arabs that held Israeli citizenship were entitled to vote for the Israeli Knesset. Arabic Knesset members have served in office since the First Knesset. The first Arab Knesset members were Amin-Salim Jarjora and Seif el-Din el-Zoubi who were members of the Democratic List of Nazareth party and Tawfik Toubi member of the Maki party.[10]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_citizens_of_Israel
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:56:47 PM by Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith) »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #252 on: February 10, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »

I never have anything to say about Jews, as they're just one more in a pile of religions to me, but here's a funny story -

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/02/09/new-york-rabbi-cure-gays-with-chemicals/

A controversial New York rabbi has reacted to an article by Chaim Levin detailing his experience of reparative therapy by saying that homosexuality could be tackled with chemical castration.

Rabbi Yehuda Levin, who is not related to Chaim Levin, was reacting to the latter’s experience of reparative therapy for same sex attractions, which was republished on PinkNews.co.uk last week.

The New York rabbi wrote to the Jewish Press: “Chaim Levin’s recent article and appearances on video and Jewish radio provide ample evidence of an agenda far more wide-ranging than merely opposing bullying and reparative therapy.

“It’s an exact duplication of the militant homosexual activist playbook: Desensitize society through constant discussion of homosexuality, urges, etc. Create feelings of guilt in others by exaggerated, unsubstantiated claims of Jewish homosexual suicides due to “bullying,” discrimination, etc. Gain public sympathy by using the media, and then solidify gains by forming organizations like Jewish Queer Youth.”

He said Jewish philosophers had described Amalek, enemies of the Jews, as “practitioners of homosexuality”.

He wrote: “Rambam rules that one who is tempted to sin disguise himself, sin secretly and act the hypocrite in public so as not to desensitize society to sin. Urging youth to join in a group that identifies itself with Amalek-type behavior reinforces negative self-identification and more often than not results in sinful misbehavior.”

The rabbi questions whether a group could be formed in an Orthodox synagogue of adulterers or the incestuous.

He says such groups would be “spiritual oxymorons and would constitute a fifth column in the Torah community”.

Rabbi Levin concludes: “I have tremendous sympathy for those challenged by temptations and unkosher desires. As you do with cancer, you never stop trying to find a better treatment to cure yourself. If all therapies fail, as a last resort you use chemicals to stop the urge to act in a forbidden manner. (This resolution is ordered by European courts for offenders and it works.) Unpleasant, surely; but better than committing adultery, homosexuality or incest.”

Chaim Levin told PinkNews.co.uk today: “Many people have told me we should ignore people like Rabbi Levin, but this time he shot at me personally by responding to my article. This time I said I’m sick and tired of these people. The public may not be listening to Rabbi Levin, but they are hearing him.

“It’s enough for one gay teen to hear what he says and consider committing suicide. I find it deplorable that people would call him a rabbi. He’s a bigot, he’s extremely dangerous, hurtful and reckless and it’s about time the public started telling him this is not OK.”

Rabbi Levin is well-known for his anti-gay views; his blog describes Mitt Romney as a “dangerous homosexualist”.

Rabbi Ariel Friedlander, co-convenor of the Jewish LGBT forum Keshet UK, told PinkNews.co.uk: “The Torah tells us that every human being is made in the image of God. Homosexuality is not a disease, it is how God made me. There are Jewish communities, rabbis and groups who behave in the image of God in that they love and respect every human being. This is not a disease or any kind of illness, this is part of human nature.”

Rabbi Levin’s attack comes during ongoing debate about so-called ‘gay cures’. The chief rabbi of Amsterdam’s Orthodox Jewish community was recently reinstated after accepting he should not have signed a ‘gay cure’ declaration with his official title. A north London Jewish School, JFS, was criticised for showing students a slide about ‘gay cure’ organisation Jonah in a lesson about homosexuality. In response, ex-students, including PinkNews.co.uk founder and Channel 4 News correspondent Benjamin Cohen recorded ‘It Gets Better’ videos about being Jewish and LGBT.

In her column in the Daily Express last week, Ann Widdecombe questioned the lack of availability of therapy for “gays who do not want to be gay”.

Lord Carey, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, said ‘gay cure’ attempts do not “produce harm despite the Royal College of Psychiatrists and others maintaining the contrary”.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:26:50 PM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 10, 2012, 04:53:55 PM »

What do you think Israel should do about it Iran, if anything?
Take care of their nuclear program.  They're not doing too bad so far.  It's just that moronic "social justice, peace now" idiots condemn them for taking care of business in their own discreet way.
So you are ok with terrorism?

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/08/10354553-israel-teams-with-terror-group-to-kill-irans-nuclear-scientists-us-officials-tell-nbc-news

Deadly attacks on Iranian nuclear scientists are being carried out by an Iranian dissident group that is financed, trained and armed by Israel’s secret service, U.S. officials tell NBC News, confirming charges leveled by Iran’s leaders.

The group, the People’s Mujahedin of Iran, has long been designated as a terrorist group by the United States, accused of killing American servicemen and contractors in the 1970s and supporting the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran before breaking with the Iranian mullahs in 1980.

The attacks, which have killed five Iranian nuclear scientists since 2007 and may have destroyed a missile research and development site, have been carried out in dramatic fashion, with motorcycle-borne assailants often attaching small magnetic bombs to the exterior of the victims’ cars.

U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the Obama administration is aware of the assassination campaign but has no direct involvement.

The Iranians have no doubt who is responsible – Israel and the People’s Mujahedin of Iran, known by various acronyms, including MEK, MKO and PMI.
I have no problem with taking out Iranian nuclear programs and those involved in them using any means necessary.  But I will say that I wouldn't complain if the Iranians caught terrorists and gave them the death penalty. 

The enemy of my enemy may not be my friend, but he is my enemy's enemy.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 10, 2012, 06:49:03 PM »

Its the threatening that bothers me.

I agree - you threaten me and my family and I take action!

But, when its not face to face, it loses its moxy. 
\
I know all countries are established by kicking out the aborigines but, have you ever seen "
Jaffa, The Oranges Clockwork"?

I don't like violence - especially STATE violence.  Its worse man.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  It's time for another Jew thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.