Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  It's time for another Jew thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: It's time for another Jew thread  (Read 100198 times)

blackie

Re: It's time for another Jew thread
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2011, 09:42:11 AM »

In a lot of ways, they are keeping with Oslo.
And in many more ways, they aren't.

http://www.robat.scl.net/content/NAD/negotiations/neg_violations/index.php
Israel’s Violations of the Oslo Agreements:

Israel Has Failed to End its Occupation

The Oslo Agreements provide that Palestinians would have their freedom by May 1999. To date, Israel’s military occupation not only continues, but intensifies. The Declaration of Principles provides that the interim period is not to exceed five years (Article 1), from May 4, 1994. This is confirmed in Article 4 of the Wye River Memorandum. The interim period commenced with Israel’s withdrawal from the Gaza Strip and Jericho on May 1994. By May 1999, the interim period was to have ended and Palestinians were to be given their freedom. To date, Israel has failed to end its military occupation.

After missing this deadline, Israel renegotiated a new deadline with the PLO. Under Article 1 of the Sharm El-Sheikh Memorandum, the Palestinians were to be given their freedom on September 13, 2000. By September 13, 2000, the Palestinians were still living under military occupation and continue to do so.

Israel Continues to Build and Expand Its Illegal Colonies

The Fourth Geneva Convention, ratified by Israel in June 1951 and which was not superceded by the Oslo Agreements, prohibits Israel from establishing colonies in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Article 49 (6) of the Fourth Geneva Convention states “The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies.” The Oslo Agreements reaffirm this position. Article 31 of the Interim Agreement provides that “the two parties view the West Bank and Gaza Strip as a single territorial unit, the integrity and status of which will be preserved during the interim period.” Article 31 also provides that “neither side shall initiate or take any step that will change the status of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip pending the outcome of the permanent status negotiations.”

Despite these articles and in violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention, Israel has since 1993:

Doubled the number of settlers living in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. There are now approximately 400,000;[2]

Increased the number of illegal housing units in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (excluding Occupied East Jerusalem) by 62%;[3]

Confiscated more than 60,000 acres of Palestinian land for colony construction and related by-pass roads, uprooted 220,000 trees and demolished 690 homes in the West Bank alone; [4] and

Removed from official government maps the Green Line separating Israel from the Occupied Palestinian Territories, thereby failing to recognize the Occupied Palestinian Territories as a “single territorial unit”. (See official Touring Map of Israel issued by the Israeli Ministry of Tourism).

Israel Fails to Withdraw from Palestinian Territories

Under the Oslo Agreements, Israel’s occupation forces were to have withdrawn from substantially all of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip by July, 1997 – more than four and a half years ago. The process of withdrawal was to be carried out in three phases, beginning in October 1996 and ending in July 1997 and would have transferred approximately 88 percent of the West Bank to Palestinian control. Israel delayed each and every phase of the withdrawal. The Palestinian Authority has only full jurisdiction over 17.2 percent of the West Bank.

Israel Fails to Release Political Prisoners

Throughout Israel’s 35-year occupation of the Palestinian Territories, Israel imprisoned and detained thousands of Palestinians. Israel’s rate was so widespread that Palestinians suffered from one of the highest rates of incarceration in the world.

The Oslo Agreements contain a number of provisions regarding the release of political prisoners.

Article 20 of the Gaza Strip and Jericho Agreement required Israel to release over 5,000 Palestinian political prisoners. Article 16 of the Interim Agreement provided for further releases of Palestinian prisoners in three phases, the last of which was to occur during permanent status negotiations. Finally, Article 3 of the Sharm El-Sheikh Memorandum provided for the release of 350 political prisoners in September and October of 1999 and in December 1999 and January 2000. Despite these agreements, as of December 2000, approximately 1,350 Palestinians remained in Israeli custody, in violation of the Oslo Agreements.[5]

Israel Fails to Open the Northern Safe Passage Route between the Gaza Strip and the West Bank and Closes the Southern Safe Passage Route

Under the Interim Agreement (Annex I, Article 10) and the Sharm El-Sheikh Memorandum (Article 5), Israel was required to open both a northern and a southern safe passage route to connect the West Bank to the Gaza Strip for the movement of persons, vehicles and goods. The southern safe passage route was closed on October 8, 2000. The northern safe passage route was never opened.

Israel Fails to Co-operate on Security Matters

The Interim Agreement requires Israel and the Palestinian Authority to cooperate on security matters. (Annex I, Article 3). Since October 2000, Israel unilaterally decided not to cooperate with the PA on security matters. Repeated calls by the PA to resume security cooperation have been ignored by Israel.

Israel Uses Lethal Force

The Interim Agreement provides clear rules of engagement for Israeli soldiers:

[T]he use of firearms…shall not be allowed, except as a last resort after all attempts at controlling the act or the incident, such as warning the perpetrator or shooting in the air, have failed or are ineffective or without any promise of achieving the intended result in the circumstances. Use of firearms should be aimed at deterring or apprehending, and not killing the perpetrator. The use of firearms shall cease once the danger is past. (Interim Agreement, Annex I, Article XI (3)(c)).

Despite this provision, Israeli soldiers have deliberately aimed at killing Palestinian protestors and have not used live fire as a last resort. After conducting an inquiry into the Israel’s practices during the current uprising, Physicians for Human Rights (USA) concluded that the “IDF soldiers are not firing only in life-threatening situations and they are firing at heads and thighs in order to injure and kill, not to avoid loss of life and injury.”[6] Furthermore, even non-violent demonstrations (including those that do not involve stone-throwing), have met with violent responses by Israeli occupation forces. [7]

Israel Denies Palestinians Freedom of Movement

The Interim Agreement compels both sides to “respect[] and preserv[e] without obstacles, normal and smooth movement of people, vehicles and goods within the West Bank, and between the West Bank and Gaza Strip.” (Interim Agreement, Annex I, Article 1 (2)).

In contravention of these obligations, Israel has repeatedly imposed severe restrictions on the movement of persons, vehicles and goods through the establishment of more than 120 checkpoints in the West Bank alone, (dividing the West Bank into 64 cantons)[8] and through Israel’s destruction of Palestinian roads and bridges.[9]

Israel Fails to Prosecute Israeli Settlers for Crimes Committed Against Palestinians

Under the Interim Agreement, Israel is required to prosecute Israelis for crimes committed against Palestinians (Annex I, Articles 2 and 3). Since the signing of the Interim Agreement, there have been hundreds of attacks against Palestinians and Palestinian property. Since October 2000 alone, 44 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli settlers, and there have been hundreds of attacks on Palestinian property.[10] Israel has not prosecuted ANY of these settlers for their crimes.[11]

They evacuated all settlements from Gaza without any counter-terms.

Israel retained control over Gaza’s borders, airspace, coastline, infrastructure, power, import-exports, etc.

Evacuating the Gaza strip allowed Israel to dole out collective punishment on the entire area. Israel didn't leave Gaza to be nice.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/nov/03/israel
Israel is deploying a terrifying new tactic against Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip by letting loose deafening "sound bombs" that cause widespread fear, induce miscarriages and traumatise children.

The removal of Jewish settlers from the Gaza Strip opened the way for the military to use air force jets to create dozens of sonic booms by breaking the sound barrier at low altitude, sending shockwaves across the territory, often at night. Palestinians liken the sound to an earthquake or huge bomb. They describe the effect as being hit by a wall of air that is painful on the ears, sometimes causing nosebleeds and "leaving you shaking inside".

The Palestinian health ministry says the sonic booms have led to miscarriages and heart problems. The United Nations has demanded an end to the tactic, saying it causes panic attacks in children. The shockwaves have also damaged buildings by cracking walls and smashing thousands of windows.

"I have never heard such a loud explosion. I thought it was right over the top of my building," said the owner, Tareq Dayyeh. "Sometimes you hear the rockets the Israelis fire but this was different. I felt like I was in the middle of a bomb. When I ran out the door I thought I might find the rest of the street was gone."

Over the past week, Israeli jets created 28 sonic booms by flying at high speed and low altitude over the Gaza Strip, sometimes as little as an hour apart through the night. During five days in late September, the air force caused 29 sonic booms.

A senior Israeli army intelligence source, who the military would not permit to be named, said the tactic is intended to break civilian support for armed Palestinian groups. "We are trying to send a message in a way that doesn't harm people. We want to encourage the Palestinian public to do something about the terror situation," he said. "What are the alternatives? We are not like the terrorists who shoot civilians. We are cautious. We make sure nobody is really hurt."

Yesterday, two medical human rights groups asked the Tel Aviv high court to outlaw the use of sound bombs on the grounds it amounts to illegal collective punishment and is detrimental to health.

"The stress is phenomenal," said Eyad El Sarraj, a psychologist and director of Gaza Community Mental Health Programme, one of the groups filing the petition. "The Israelis do it after midnight and then every one or two hours. You try to go to sleep and then there's another one. When it happens night after night you become exhausted. You get a heightened sense of alert, waiting continuously for it to happen. People suffer hypertension, fatigue, sleeplessness.

"For children, the loud noise means danger. Adults may know it's only a sound but small children feel threatened. They are crying and clinging to their parents. Afterwards they are dazed and fearful, waiting for something to happen."

The UN Palestinian refugee agency said a majority of the patients seen at its clinics as a result of the sonic booms were under 16 and suffering from symptoms such as anxiety attacks, bedwetting, muscle spasms, temporary loss of hearing and breathing difficulties.

Although the Israelis say the shockwaves do not cause casualties, doctors at Gaza's Shifa hospital said the overflights had forced women to miscarry. The number of miscarriages had increased by 40%, according to Jumaa Saqqa, a surgeon and hospital spokesman. "There were no other symptoms and the rise happened after the sonic booms. We can see no other explanation. The number of patients admitted to the cardiac care unit doubled. Some of them proved to have suffered serious harm."

Dr Saqqa said one overflight occurred while he was operating. The Palestinian health ministry estimates the sonic booms have caused at least 20 miscarriages.

The UN's Middle East envoy, Alvaro de Soto, wrote to the Israeli high command this week saying he was "deeply concerned at the impact on children, particularly infants, of the use of sonic booms".

Mr de Soto said he did not accept that the tactic was a legitimate response to Islamic Jihad and Hamas firing rockets into Israeli towns. "Sonic booms are an indiscriminate instrument, the use of which punishes the population collectively. We ask therefore that their use be stopped without delay," the letter said.

The military was forced to apologise after one sonic boom was unintentionally heard hundreds of kilometres inside Israel last week. Maariv newspaper described it as sounding "like a heavy bombardment. The noise that shook the Israeli skies was frightening. Thousands of citizens leapt in panic from their beds, and many of them placed worried calls to the police and the fire department. The Tel Aviv and central district police switchboards crashed."

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2011, 05:52:33 PM »

The Israeli parliament has passed a controversial law that will punish any Israeli individual or organisation boycotting West Bank settlements.

blackie

« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2011, 02:53:09 PM »

Jew on Jew crime.

http://www.thecalifornian.com/article/20110713/NEWS02/110713017

Cops: NY man in custody boy's remains in fridge

NEW YORK (AP) — A young Brooklyn boy who vanished while walking home from a day camp in one of the safest parts of the city was killed and dismembered by a stranger he had turned to for help after getting lost, police said Wednesday.

An intense search for the missing 8-year-old, Leiby Kletzky, ended with the gruesome discovery of pieces of his dismembered body inside the home of a man who had been seen with the child around the time he disappeared, police said.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said the 35-year-old suspect, Levi Aron, made statements implicating himself in the boy's death. Formal charges are pending. The investigation continued, and Kelly said Aron was still being interviewed by detectives. It's not clear if he had an attorney, and the home he shared with his parents was a crime scene Wednesday, and his par-ents were not there.

When detectives arrived at the man's attic apartment around 2:40 a.m., they asked him where the boy was and he nodded toward the kitchen, Kelly said.

Detectives saw blood on the freezer door and they opened it to discover bloody knives, a cutting board and feet inside, according to a law en-forcement official who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

The rest of the body was found inside a red suitcase that had been tossed into a trash bin in another Brook-lyn neighborhood, police said.

Police and volunteers had been looking since late Monday afternoon for Leiby, who disappeared while on his way to meet his mother in the Orthodox Jewish neighborhood of Borough Park.

Kelly said the boy's par-ents had taken him through the route on Friday, and he was to walk the seven blocks from the camp to meet his mother. He left at about 5:05 p.m., and got lost.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2011, 06:00:12 PM »

"Cops: NY man in custody boy's remains in fridge"

There must be a Jewish term for this sort of crime, with lots of sh's and z's and t's and th's...

Shizzoboigethekezshizzuh or somethin.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2011, 02:09:15 PM »

"Cops: NY man in custody boy's remains in fridge"

There must be a Jewish term for this sort of crime, with lots of sh's and z's and t's and th's...

Shizzoboigethekezshizzuh or somethin.

Levi Aron.

He was arrested on his birthday. I know this because a celebrity realized he was "friends" with him, while mentioning how sick the crime was.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2011, 06:45:12 PM »

What's the word for being arrested on your birthday?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2011, 03:10:33 AM »

What's the word for being arrested on your birthday?

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110716/NEWS03/107160341/Brooklyn-slay-suspect-stranger-most-New-Square-wedding?odyssey=mod|mostview

Well, I got about a half dozen requests to search for the kid, and since I live in Monsey, I didn't bother to heed the call. Now they say he took the kid, alive, to a wedding in New Square, which is practically in my backyard.

:(

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 17, 2011, 12:12:42 PM »

yup

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 17, 2011, 12:49:04 PM »

Have a heart, dead men pay no restitution.
His execution should have a pay per view with all proceeds going to the victims family.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 25, 2011, 03:57:41 AM »

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2011, 04:26:17 AM »

Great, another fucking inanimate object for people to rally around and die for.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 25, 2011, 07:19:57 AM »

The fuck are you talking about?

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 25, 2011, 07:28:23 AM »

You'll find out.
Maybe I am wrong. Sorry. Just got done talking to my daughter who lost a acquaintance on that fucking island in Norway where those kids were shot, and I didn't have much patience for blind belief when I read your article.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:36:42 AM by alaric89 »

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 25, 2011, 08:59:40 AM »

He's talking about how you called this a big win for biblical archaeology.  Like finding this bell means g-d really did give other people's land to jews and told them it was ok to destroy them and their families and their lives.

I'm afraid that bell doesn't mean shit.  The bible also said that jesus rode into bethlehem on a donkey, so if they find any donkey bones in Jerusalem it must mean Jews are evil and killed Jesus.  Oh wait, that wouldn't mean shit either. 

It's interesting that bell, I'd like to touch it and look at it and shake it, but fuck you and your biblical archaeology bullshit.  You are NOT the chosen people.  NO GOD likes you any more than anyone else.  You are full of delusions.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 25, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »

He's talking about how you called this a big win for biblical archaeology.  Like finding this bell means g-d really did give other people's land to jews and told them it was ok to destroy them and their families and their lives.

I'm afraid that bell doesn't mean shit.  The bible also said that jesus rode into bethlehem on a donkey, so if they find any donkey bones in Jerusalem it must mean Jews are evil and killed Jesus.  Oh wait, that wouldn't mean shit either. 

It's interesting that bell, I'd like to touch it and look at it and shake it, but fuck you and your biblical archaeology bullshit.  You are NOT the chosen people.  NO GOD likes you any more than anyone else.  You are full of delusions.

Jesus Christ, what the fuck is wrong with you?

You're having an argument with yourself in your head.

-Dennis Goddard
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  It's time for another Jew thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 46 queries.