Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  It's time for another Jew thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: It's time for another Jew thread  (Read 100243 times)

blackie

Re: It's time for another Jew thread
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2011, 03:14:53 PM »

There is a Palestinian nation that includes Gaza. What they don't have is a sovereign state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation
Nations that are a community of people sharing a common territory and government but are not sovereign states can be controversial subjects due, in no small part, to national security concerns of neighboring countries. A notable example of a people who consider themselves to be a nation are those of the State of Palestine, which has territories generally delineated. Palestinian nationalism in modern times arose between 1948 and 1950. The leader of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in 2005 spoke of "the Palestinian nation" in the context of Jerusalem and Palestine.[9] The State of Palestine is today widely recognized by sovereign states, although often in equivocal terms.[10] Still, op‑ed pieces in Israeli media question the existence of a Palestinian nation.[11]

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2011, 03:36:54 PM »

There is a Palestinian nation that includes Gaza. What they don't have is a sovereign state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation
Nations that are a community of people sharing a common territory and government but are not sovereign states can be controversial subjects due, in no small part, to national security concerns of neighboring countries. A notable example of a people who consider themselves to be a nation are those of the State of Palestine, which has territories generally delineated. Palestinian nationalism in modern times arose between 1948 and 1950. The leader of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in 2005 spoke of "the Palestinian nation" in the context of Jerusalem and Palestine.[9] The State of Palestine is today widely recognized by sovereign states, although often in equivocal terms.[10] Still, op‑ed pieces in Israeli media question the existence of a Palestinian nation.[11]

Ok, but lets say they independently of the West Bank get diplomatic recognition. What then?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

blackie

« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »

Then I guess Gaza would be it's own nation.

Israel wouldn't recognize Gaza, and Gaza wouldn't recognize Israel.

I'm not sure it would change much. It seems like 1/3 of the people on both sides hate each other...to death.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2011, 04:21:31 PM »

Then I guess Gaza would be it's own nation.

Israel wouldn't recognize Gaza, and Gaza wouldn't recognize Israel.

I'm not sure it would change much. It seems like 1/3 of the people on both sides hate each other...to death.

I say get the 1/3 on both sides that hate each other all  together in an arena, give them all machetes & bottles of cheap whiskey and let them hack each other to bits. Then the rest can live in relative peace.

I'm tired of hearing about these whiny bitches on both sides(not you guys talking about it, just the situation as a whole). Fuck em'.

Put it all on PPV and DVD and split the proceeds down the middle, given to both sides so they can rebuild.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:26:55 PM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

blackie

« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2011, 11:04:31 AM »

This seems to be on the same level as firing a anti-tank missile at a school bus.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-04/10/c_13821140.htm

Israeli airstrike turns Gaza family's life into torment
English.news.cn   2011-04-10 00:35:26

by Hamada Hattab, Omer Othmani

GAZA, April 9 (Xinhua) -- Ibrahim Qdieh, a 52-year-old resident of southern Gaza village of Abassan, never knew that a few-minute absence from home would rescue him from a possible death but left him gulping the pain of losing wife and daughter for the rest of his life.

His wife and daughter were killed in an Israeli air raid on their home, a 90-square-meter house built on a farm in the village in the east of Khan Younis city, during the ongoing tit-for-tat violence between Israel and the Islamic Hamas movement, which rules the coastal enclave since June 2007.

When the air raid took place on Friday afternoon, Qdieh and some family members were praying in a mosque, while his wife stayed at home, about to wash the children's school uniforms for the school day right after the weekend.

"I went to a nearby mosque for prayers as I usually do every week. I was shocked when a person suddenly stepped in and shouted 'the Israelis struck the house of Ibrahim Qdieh,'" said the father, adding "I couldn't believe what he said and I jumped and rushed to my house to see what happened."

Qdieh began to run unconsciously towards his house, "and as soon as I reached the house, I saw the horrible and awful crime, smears of blood and remnants all over the place. I wasn't able to believe my eyes to see my daughter Nidal, who was preparing for her wedding next week and my wife are dead."

An Israeli reconnaissance drone fired one missile, directly hitting the house.
The missile took the lives of Nidal and her mother, and injured four others in the family.

"The missile didn't even give my wife enough time to prepare lunch for our children, and I saw all my kids were crying and screaming with fear and pain after they were all injured ... I'm not telling you something that I saw on television, it was live and I saw by my eyes," said the father.

Qdieh's 14-year-old son Ahmed, who was with his father in the mosque, told Xinhua that "when I heard that the our house was attacked, I went out running, screaming and crying until I arrived at home, and I saw the remnants of my mother and my sister and their blood."

"What did my mother and my sister do to cause Israel to strike our house with missiles? The Israelis made me lose the most precious persons in my life, my mother and my sister, who everyday checks out her wedding dress and was going to get married next week," said Ahmed.

Ahmed's 18-year-old sister Nedaa was critically wounded with the missile shrapnel hitting all her body. "My sister Nedaa is wounded, but still alive and waiting for God's mercy," the boy said, "She may live and she may die, while the other sister Wafa, 15, suffers wounds in her legs and abdomen."

"We were helping my mother in drying the laundry. We didn't do any kind of military action. There were no gunmen," Wafa said, " Suddenly and without any warning, the missile landed into our house. I fainted and I found myself in the hospital."

"When I woke up, I was told that my mother and my sister Nidal died and my sister Nedaa is in critical conditions," said Wafa.

The family called on Arab and international right groups "to come to the house and see the Israeli crimes that don't differentiate between militants and civilians."

They also called for an independent committee to investigate " the Israeli crime," saying that they had determined to sue Israel and its leaders "for the crimes they committed against innocent armless civilians while they were in their homes."

Since Thursday afternoon, 17 Palestinians have been killed and 60 wounded during intensive Israeli airstrikes on the Gaza Strip following the rocket attacks on towns and communities in southern Israel, for which Hamas armed wing al-Qassam Brigades claimed responsibility.

blackie

« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2011, 03:53:40 PM »

http://www.jta.org/news/article/2011/04/12/3086845/netanyahu-cancels-bieber-meeting

Bibi cancels Bieber meeting over reported snub of beleaguered kids
April 12, 2011

JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly has canceled a meeting with pop star Justin Bieber after the singer refused to meet with children from southern Israel.

Netanyahu, who was scheduled to meet Bieber on Wednesday night, a day before his concert in Tel Aviv, invited children living in communities that have been hit by rockets fired from Gaza to join the sit-down. Bieber, however, refused to meet with the children, according to Israel Channel 2, causing Netanyahu to cancel the meeting.

Bieber and his manager reportedly asked for the meeting with Netanyahu.

The teen idol arrived Monday in Israel and is scheduled to tour the country. His itinerary includes visits to Christian sites in the Galilee, the Dead Sea, Masada, Acre and Caesarea. He has complained in tweets on Twitter that the Israeli paparazzi have forced him to hole up in his hotel room.

Meanwhile, some 700 children from southern Israeli communities that have been hit by rockets and missiles from Gaza were given free tickets to the Bieber concert.

The tickets for Thursday's show in Tel Aviv, as well as transportation, are a gift of The Schusterman Foundation-Israel, The Morningstar Foundation and ROI Community of Young Jewish Innovators.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »

Bieber could become a useful ally in this situation.

General with bullhorn- "Ok Justin, just keep walking another 500 yards to the south, then turn left 20 ft and make your way back to me!"

J Bieber - "Wus up yo, why you havin' me do dis again?"

General with bullhorn - "Dont worry Mr Bieber, its standard custom in this region for celebrities to walk in public looking for land mi........um, I mean walk the outskirts of town mingling with the people"

J Bieber - "Aight yo, if ya think it makes my fans happy, its all good"

General with bullhorn "Riiiiiiiight Mr Bieber, just keep walking ok?"

blackie

« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »

How often does something pass the senate by unanimous consent?

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=sr112-138&utm_source=@SenateFloor

Senate Resolution. 138:   A resolution calling on the United Nations to rescind the Goldstone report, and for other purposes

Apr 14, 2011: Resolution agreed to in Senate without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.
Votes:   

Apr 14, 2011: This resolution passed in the Senate by Unanimous Consent. A record of each senator’s position was not kept.

Summery:

4/8/2011--Introduced.
Calls on the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) members to reflect the author's repudiation of the Goldstone report's central findings, rescind the report, and reconsider further Council actions with respect to the report's findings. Urges United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon to work with United Nations (U.N.) member states to reform UNRHC so that it no longer unfairly, disproportionately, and falsely criticizes Israel. Requests Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon to do all in his power to redress the damage caused by the Goldstone report to Israel's reputation. Urges the United States to take a leadership role in getting the U.N. and its bodies to prevent any further action on the report's findings and limit the damage that this libelous report has caused to Israel and to the reputation of the U.N.

Full Text:

SRES 138 IS

112th CONGRESS

1st Session

S. RES. 138

Calling on the United Nations to rescind the Goldstone report, and for other purposes.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

April 8, 2011

Mrs. GILLIBRAND (for herself and Mr. RISCH) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations

RESOLUTION

Calling on the United Nations to rescind the Goldstone report, and for other purposes.

Whereas, on January 12, 2009, the United Nations Human Rights Council passed Resolution S-9/1, authorizing a ‘fact-finding mission’ regarding the conduct of the Government of Israel during Operation Cast Lead between December 27, 2008, and January 18, 2009;

Whereas that resolution prejudged the outcome of the fact finding mission by mandating that it investigate ‘violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law by the occupying power, Israel, against the Palestinian people’;

Whereas, on September 15, 2009, the ‘United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict’ released its report, now known as the ‘Goldstone report’, named for its chair, South African Jurist Richard Goldstone;

Whereas the report made numerous unsubstantiated assertions against Israel, in particular accusing the Government of Israel of committing war crimes by deliberately targeting civilians during its operations in Gaza;

Whereas the report downplayed the overwhelming evidence that Hamas deliberately used Palestinian civilians and civilian institutions as human shields against Israel and deliberately targeted Israeli civilians with rocket fire for over eight years prior to the operation;

Whereas the United Nations Human Rights Council voted to welcome the report, to endorse its recommendations, and to condemn Israel without mentioning Hamas;

Whereas, as a result of the report, the United Nations General Assembly has passed two resolutions endorsing the report’s findings, the United Nations Secretary-General has been requested to submit several reports on implementation of its recommendations, and the Human Rights Council is scheduled to follow up on implementation of the report during future sessions;

Whereas the findings of the Goldstone report and the subsequent and continued United Nations member state actions following up on those findings have caused and continue to cause extensive harm to Israel’s standing in the world and could potentially create legal problems for Israel and its leaders;

Whereas Justice Richard Goldstone publicly retracted the central claims of the report he authored in an op-ed in The Washington Post on April 2, 2011;

Whereas Justice Goldstone wrote in that article that if he ‘had known then what I know now, the Goldstone Report would have been a different document’;

Whereas Justice Goldstone concluded that, contrary to his report’s findings, the Government of Israel did not intentionally target civilians in the Gaza Strip as a matter of policy;

Whereas, in contrast, Justice Goldstone states that the crimes committed by Hamas were clearly intentional, were targeted at civilians, and constitute a violation of international law;

Whereas Justice Goldstone also conceded that the number of civilian casualties in Gaza was far smaller than the report alleged;

Whereas Justice Goldstone admitted that Israel investigated the findings in the report, while expressing disappointment that Hamas has not taken any steps to look into the report’s findings; and

Whereas Justice Goldstone concluded that ‘Israel, like any other sovereign nation, has the right and obligation to defend itself and its citizens’: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the Senate--

(1) calls on the United Nations Human Rights Council members to reflect the author’s repudiation of the Goldstone report’s central findings, rescind the report, and reconsider further Council actions with respect to the report’s findings;

(2) urges United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon to work with United Nations member states to reform the United Nations Human Rights Council so that it no longer unfairly, disproportionately, and falsely criticizes Israel on a regular basis;

(3) requests Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon to do all in his power to redress the damage to Israel’s reputation caused by the Goldstone report;

(4) asks the Secretary-General to do all he can to urge member states to prevent any further United Nations action on the report’s findings; and

(5) urges the United States to take a leadership role in getting the United Nations and its bodies to prevent any further action on the report’s findings and limit the damage that this libelous report has caused to our close ally Israel and to the reputation of the United Nations.

blackie

« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2011, 12:53:06 AM »

Netanyahu doesn't thank the American people for giving Israel money, he thanks Obama and the US Congress.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hvwySupOeO-pFXLNtF2_V9iK8jkQ?docId=6583759

Israel's prime minister thanks US Congress for $205 million in aid for missile defence system

By The Associated Press – 15 hours ago

JERUSALEM — Israel's prime minister has thanked President Obama and the U.S. Congress for $205 million in aid to develop a new Israeli-made missile defence system. The aid was approved Friday.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Saturday that the assistance reflects "America's unshakable commitment to Israel in critical times."

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2011, 01:24:59 AM »

Hey, cant blame Netanyahu for thinking its "Obama & congress's" money. He's no more clueless than 80% of americans who think the same thing. :lol:

We're so fucked, its not even funny.

Well yeah, it sorta is.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2011, 05:49:33 AM »

Whereas Justice Goldstone wrote in that article that if he ‘had known then what I know now, the Goldstone Report would have been a different document’;

Translation:  If I had known what a shit storm Israel would have created for me politically and career wise I would have continued to lie for their propaganda machine.

blackie

« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2011, 08:29:11 AM »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Israel-Settler-Killings-Two-Palestinians-Admit-To-Killings-Of-Five-Members-Of-Vogel-Family/Article/201104315974411?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15974411_Israel_Settler_Killings%3A_Two_Palestinians_Admit_To_Killings_Of_Five_Members_Of_Vogel_Family_

Teenagers 'Admit Killing Israeli Family'

Two Palestinian students arrested for the murder of five members of a Jewish settler family last month have confessed to the killings, according to Israeli security forces.

Only two children survived the attack, which was one of the most horrifying episodes in the region's recent rise in violence.

The attackers sneaked into the settlement of Itamar on March 11 and murdered the family members as they slept.

They killed a three-month-old baby girl, along with her parents, Udi and Ruth Fogel, and two other children, ages four and 11.

The family's bodies were discovered by their 12-year-old daughter when she returned home from a Friday night youth group meeting.

The killings shocked the people of Israel, with thousands attending the funeral in Jerusalem.

Prime Minister Binjamin Netanyahu described the killers as "animals".

A month-long investigation was carried out that involved mass arrest raids and detentions of hundreds of villagers.

The search for the killers focused on the West Bank village of Awarta, about a mile from Itamar.

It was put under curfew while residents were arrested, interrogated, fingerprinted and forced to give DNA samples.

Authorities identified the suspects as cousins Hakim Awad and Amjad Awad, who local residents said were aged 17 and 18 respectively.

An Israeli military commander reported that the two had acted independently, planning only to steal a rifle and panicking when the baby started crying.

However, a police spokesman said the duo had carried out the attack as part of a planned paramilitary operation.

The suspects' relatives, who live in Awarta, have criticised the arrests, saying the students are innocent.

Nouf Awad, the mother of Hakim, said her son was innocent and accused Israel of forcing him to confess.

"He is in high school. I am sure that he spent the night of the incident at home," she said.

"This is an awful crime and my son would not commit such a crime."

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2011, 08:44:39 PM »

A link for blackie that I just stumbled upon..

http://www.ifamericansknew.com/
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2011, 05:26:45 AM »

Really? really! I have only linked that website like 100 times.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2011, 08:11:15 AM »

Really? really! I have only linked that website like 100 times.
and it sucks
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  It's time for another Jew thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 33 queries.