Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  It's time for another Jew thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: It's time for another Jew thread  (Read 100183 times)

blackie

Re: It's time for another Jew thread
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 09:33:29 PM »

But don't tell me you value Mexican children's lives the same as you value your childrens lives. If forced to make a cruel choice you'd choose your children in a split second, all philosophy aside.
Are you saying the IDF views Jewish children's lives are more important than non-jewish children's lives?

blackie

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 10:21:23 PM »

Contrary to myths common in this forum, Israel has absolutely no problem existing and thriving without the US.

Yeah, right. 
Israel can't "go it alone". If the Arabs set up an effective blockade, it would be over. The only thing left for Israel would be the Samson option.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option
In 2003, Martin van Creveld, a professor  of military history at Israel’s Hebrew University, thought that the Al-Aqsa Intifada then in progress threatened Israel's existence.[18]  Van Creveld was quoted in David Hirst's "The Gun and the Olive Branch" (2003) as saying "I consider it all hopeless at this point. ... We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen, before Israel goes under."

Bill Brasky

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 10:37:56 PM »

Contrary to myths common in this forum, Israel has absolutely no problem existing and thriving without the US.

Yeah, right. 
Israel can't "go it alone". If the Arabs set up an effective blockade, it would be over. The only thing left for Israel would be the Samson option.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option
In 2003, Martin van Creveld, a professor  of military history at Israel’s Hebrew University, thought that the Al-Aqsa Intifada then in progress threatened Israel's existence.[18]  Van Creveld was quoted in David Hirst's "The Gun and the Olive Branch" (2003) as saying "I consider it all hopeless at this point. ... We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen, before Israel goes under."

Apparently this brilliant scholar guy thinks the Middle East is "the world". 

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 10:38:19 PM »

The individuals that live there could probably thrive without the US government so long as the Israeli one went with it but I'm pretty certain neither the majority of those individuals or the Israeli government would have ever exist w/o US involvement.

davann

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 11:56:14 AM »

Contrary to myths common in this forum, Israel has absolutely no problem existing and thriving without the US. Israel has passed its toughest tests of survival in the first 20 years of its existence, without any US help.

Really? This is what you think? Because I am fairly certain I've pointed out that most of the weaponry used in the 6 Day War was of American make. I've cited model numbers and everything. Have you just chosen to ignore those facts?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 11:58:55 AM by davann »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 03:02:17 PM »

Yeah, right. 

The Arabs have already tried that a few times.  They lost each time.  Even when the Israelis were only fighting with surplus Mosin Nagants and other shitty Commie weapons and had only a fraction of the amount of troops and supplies and economic backing from Europe compared to the Arabs.

There's something about fighting for a piece of land the size of New Hampshire that represents your multi-millenial homeland that makes you fight hard and well.

Try looking up this stuff:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Arab–Israeli_War
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suez_Canal_Crisis
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yom_Kippur_War
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

avshae

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 03:11:58 PM »

Contrary to myths common in this forum, Israel has absolutely no problem existing and thriving without the US. Israel has passed its toughest tests of survival in the first 20 years of its existence, without any US help.

Really? This is what you think? Because I am fairly certain I've pointed out that most of the weaponry used in the 6 Day War was of American make. I've cited model numbers and everything. Have you just chosen to ignore those facts?

I do recall we talked about it (although can't find the thread). Anyway you seemed to have forgotten the conclusion, so I'll remind you. Here's a list of IAF combat aircraft. As you can see, before 1967 none were American (except a pair of two B-17s that were not acquired from the US gov but smuggled out of the US. Google for the famous story). IAF relied mostly on French aircraft. Even if you look at the support aircraft lists you can see that prior to 1967 any American aircraft that Israel had were trainers, civilian aircraft, or assorted singular pieces that were not obtained from the US gov. In fact the Americans participated in an arms embargo to the whole middle east that did not end until after 1967.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 03:14:57 PM by avshae »

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 03:14:12 PM »

I do recall we talked about it (although can't find the thread). Anyway you seemed to have forgotten the conclusion, so I'll remind you. Here's a list of IAF combat aircraft. As you can see, before 1967 none were American (except a pair of two B-17s that were not acquired from the US gov but smuggled out of the US. Google for the famous story). IAF relied mostly on French aircraft. Even if you look at the support aircraft lists you can see that prior to 1967 the only American aircraft that Israel had were trainers and civilian aircraft. In fact the Americans participated in an arms embargo to the whole middle east that did not end until after 1967.

Yup, and now Egypt and Jordan and Israel all have US small arms (M16s).
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

blackie

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2010, 04:09:58 PM »

Yeah, right. 

The Arabs have already tried that a few times.  They lost each time. 
Israel can't sustain a long war without being resupplied. They needed jet fuel during the 2006 Lebanon war, and that only lasted one month.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_%E2%80%93_United_States_military_relations
During the 2006 Lebanon War, the United States provided a major resupply of jet fuel and precision-guided munition to replenish depleted Israeli stocks.

You may want to look into Operation Nickel Grass.

davann

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2010, 04:33:40 PM »

I do recall we talked about it (although can't find the thread). Anyway you seemed to have forgotten the conclusion, so I'll remind you. Here's a list of IAF combat aircraft. As you can see, before 1967 none were American (except a pair of two B-17s that were not acquired from the US gov but smuggled out of the US. Google for the famous story). IAF relied mostly on French aircraft. Even if you look at the support aircraft lists you can see that prior to 1967 any American aircraft that Israel had were trainers, civilian aircraft, or assorted singular pieces that were not obtained from the US gov. In fact the Americans participated in an arms embargo to the whole middle east that did not end until after 1967.

Okay, let’s just go with what you said. It seems Israel needs support from someone does it not? If France was the major supplier as you say prior to the U.S. how does this prove Israel is able to handle things themselves?
Israel just does not have the resources or production capacity to outfit a modern military. That is the fact and should not be taken as a disparaging remark. That is why if I was a betting man, which I am, I’d bet on the Arabs. They will win eventually through attrition, maybe sooner if the world economy tanks hard. It would be best if the Israel gov just accepts this and makes peace with those it is currently pissing off.  You all look alike to me anyways. What’s the problem?

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 11:14:09 PM »

Okay, let’s just go with what you said. It seems Israel needs support from someone does it not? If France was the major supplier as you say prior to the U.S. how does this prove Israel is able to handle things themselves?
Israel just does not have the resources or production capacity to outfit a modern military. That is the fact and should not be taken as a disparaging remark. That is why if I was a betting man, which I am, I’d bet on the Arabs. They will win eventually through attrition, maybe sooner if the world economy tanks hard. It would be best if the Israel gov just accepts this and makes peace with those it is currently pissing off.  You all look alike to me anyways. What’s the problem?

Sorry, but the Israelis already whipped the Arabs several times in several wars where the Arab League was collaborating to "Push the Jews into the Sea".  Didn't work in 48 when the Israelis were armed with shitty surplus Commie weapons, and won't work today now that they are armed with state of the art American as well as home designed high tech defensive and offensive weapons.

avshae

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2010, 03:03:21 AM »

But don't tell me you value Mexican children's lives the same as you value your childrens lives. If forced to make a cruel choice you'd choose your children in a split second, all philosophy aside.
Are you saying the IDF views Jewish children's lives are more important than non-jewish children's lives?

IDF has no quarrel with the Palestinian Joe. Israel gains nothing when non-combatants are hurt during fighting with non-combatants - even putting aside humanitarian issues it weakens the efficiency of IDF to fight the real enemy. However, the primary mission of the Israeli Defense Forces, is not ponder on philosophical dilemmas (who's life is worth more etc.), but to protect Israelis. I think that is understandable.

avshae

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2010, 03:38:26 AM »

Here's a list of IAF combat aircraft. As you can see, before 1967 none were American (except a pair of two B-17s that were not acquired from the US gov but smuggled out of the US. Google for the famous story). IAF relied mostly on French aircraft. Even if you look at the support aircraft lists you can see that prior to 1967 any American aircraft that Israel had were trainers, civilian aircraft, or assorted singular pieces that were not obtained from the US gov. In fact the Americans participated in an arms embargo to the whole middle east that did not end until after 1967.

Israel just does not have the resources or production capacity to outfit a modern military. That is the fact and should not be taken as a disparaging remark.

I was countering various silly claims on the lines of "Israel is dependent on US aid" and "Israel exists only thanks to the US". Sure Israel imports stuff, including weapons. That is trade, it does not show Israel is not self-sufficient. If you buy your vegetables in the supermarket instead of growing them that does not mean you are not self-sufficient. The US is heavily dependent on Arab oil imports too. During the 60s-80s the Arab armies were massively supplied by the Russians.

That is why if I was a betting man, which I am, I’d bet on the Arabs. They will win eventually through attrition, maybe sooner if the world economy tanks hard.
The Arabs have been trying the attrition thing for decades, it only made Israel stronger and more self-sufficient. Had you put your money on Israel in 1948 you'd have won a 100 to 1 "long-shot". These days the smart money is on Israel.

It would be best if the Israel gov just accepts this and makes peace with those it is currently pissing off.  What’s the problem?
Israel has made peace with several of its neighbors. The remaining bitter enemies like Iran and their footsoldiers Hamas are still delirious with the idea that they can destroy Israel, so they do not want to make peace. I hope they will come to their senses in the next few years.

You all look alike to me anyways.
I once told a girl from Canadian Vancouver that she is practically American, and that seemed to piss her off pretty much. Or maybe it was just foreplay.
See my answer to Drifter in this thread.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2010, 04:44:14 AM »

It would be best if the Israel gov just accepts this and makes peace with those it is currently pissing off.  What’s the problem?
Israel has made peace with several of its neighbors. The remaining bitter enemies like Iran and their footsoldiers Hamas are still delirious with the idea that they can destroy Israel, so they do not want to make peace. I hope they will come to their senses in the next few years.

I think the truth is more than that.  It's not just that Iran really and truly wants to destroy Israel, although that's what their propaganda surely says.  To me, it's really just a way to "blame it on the Jews" and distract the Iranian populace from the Iranian government's true faults.  Luckily last year we saw massive protests against the Iranian government, so that kinda shows me that the Iranian public isn't buying State Propaganda so much anymore.

davann

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010, 09:23:35 AM »

The Arabs only need to win once.

And yes, if I buy veggies from the super market because I do not have a garden than I am not self sufficient in the veggy area. I am relying on others to make it possible to buy the veggies I need. What happens when all the farmers go bankrupt or there is a massive delay in the veggy transportation line. I know what happens, I am with out veggies. And that is when the towel heads over run my home, raping and pillaging as they go. I will be killed and my daughters will be enslaved to the barbarian horde. All for not having some carrots growing in the back yard. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  It's time for another Jew thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.