Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  It's been a very bad weekend.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's been a very bad weekend.  (Read 4554 times)

abarrett79

• View Profile
It's been a very bad weekend.
« on: April 05, 2014, 07:31:33 PM »

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20140404-NEWS-140409859

My name is Andrew Barrett. I am a free stater and obviously an early mover. I've heard mention of burying the prosecutor in motions, and would appreciate any advice on this or other tactics. It's sort of up in the air whether I will have a public defender or a proper attorney.

Also, my charge is possession of MJ with intent to distribute. Can I basically admit to possession as long as I prove I am not a dealer, or do I invite other charges by doing so?

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: It's been a very bad weekend.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 04:37:20 AM »

Beg, borrow, or steal if you need to to get a lawyer. Public Defenders will not give a shit about you.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »

I'd ask a lawyer, but I believe possession with intent to distribute doesn't require the prosecutor to actually prove you're a drug dealer.  He just has to prove that you had a lot of drugs.  I don't know how you could prove that you're not a drug dealer.  A public defender will probably advise you to plea out, but a regular attorney may do the same depending on your circumstances.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 09:19:34 PM »

I'd ask a lawyer, but I believe possession with intent to distribute doesn't require the prosecutor to actually prove you're a drug dealer.  He just has to prove that you had a lot of drugs.  I don't know how you could prove that you're not a drug dealer.  A public defender will probably advise you to plea out, but a regular attorney may do the same depending on your circumstances.

Use tax forms to prove you don't have any undeclared income? Its a legal document.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

abarrett79

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 05:18:21 AM »

Use tax forms to prove you don't have any undeclared income? Its a legal document.

Great idea Diogenes.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 05:50:01 PM »

Seriously don't follow the court tactics spouted on FTL, unless you want to wind up in jail to prove a point of some kind.

Get yourself a lawyer. There are many Free-Staters who are lawyers. Most of them are not wackaloons and as such are very good people to have on your side in a legal battle. If you have no idea where to find a free-stater lawyer, try posting on http://forum.freestateproject.org and/or on Facebook.

Major Jizz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 09:27:02 PM »

Seriously don't follow the court tactics spouted on FTL, unless you want to wind up in jail to prove a point of some kind.

Get yourself a lawyer. There are many Free-Staters who are lawyers. Most of them are not wackaloons and as such are very good people to have on your side in a legal battle. If you have no idea where to find a free-stater lawyer, try posting on http://forum.freestateproject.org and/or on Facebook.

This.

abarrett79

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 06:03:54 PM »

I stopped by the police station to try and retrieve my phone, but the detective said they weren't done with it. I also inquired about my computer, which was just a simple xbmc box streaming stuff from my pc. My roommate is quite computer illiterate, linux is way beyond him, so I set up his account for him. Encrypted home directory and a password containing uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols, although rather short. I don't expect to get it back this year!

The detective also plainly stated that he wasn't interested in me or my primary roommate over the marijuana, so it's at least looking better. I know it's out of his hands though so I'm not jumping for joy yet.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 01:57:11 PM »

THEY LIE.  DO NOT believe him.  He is trying to get your guard down.  EVERYTHING you say will be analyzed.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 10:43:15 AM »

THEY LIE.  DO NOT believe him.  He is trying to get your guard down.  EVERYTHING you say will be analyzed.

This.  They will try to befriend you, and then when you say anything incriminating, they'll stab you in the back.  It's certainly possible that he's being genuine, but you have no way of knowing and you're better off safe than sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  It's been a very bad weekend.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.