Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  It's a fake!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's a fake!  (Read 2749 times)

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
It's a fake!
« on: April 28, 2011, 12:35:05 AM »

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=185094

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=185101

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?289546-DRUDGE-Obama-s-Birth-Certificate-Composed-of-Layers/page4

(I'm only linking these as a joke.  I love a good conspiracy theory, but don't really believe any of them.  Kind of like ghost stories)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:38:44 AM by cavalier973 »
For God and Free Trade

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: It's a fake!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 10:45:31 PM »

I was curious, so I looked at the PDF downloaded from the White House site.  It does look shopped.  Do I care?  Not politically.

My original belief was that he's hiding something, and I still think he's hiding something--prolly not hiding what they're looking for.  Maybe he was born in a whore house or something.  The Ron Paul forums thread has an interesting comment that maybe it was deliberately made to look phony to create an issue that would further embarrass any political foe who bites.  Maybe both are true.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 10:53:35 PM »

Yeah, it looks fake but who really cares. Even if it wasn't fake, its not like everyone who hates the douche is suddeny going to be all lovey dovey over the guy just because he was born on american soil. The details are making people stupid and missing the whole point. He's a freak regardless of where he was born. Dont care either way.

Like "Yeah, he's a douchebag, but he's an AMERICAN douchebag!!!"  :lol:
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 12:08:03 AM »

I'm curious to know what he's hiding.  Aren't you?  Other than that, I don't care, and I'm not going to waste any more time on it, either.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 12:23:20 AM »

I'm curious to know what he's hiding.  Aren't you?  Other than that, I don't care, and I'm not going to waste any more time on it, either.

Well, maybe theres a good chance he actually was born in another country and that might be the reason for all the shenanigans and shady shit surrounding the issue. Doesn't bother me that other people take the issue seriously though. Its just that it wouldn't change anything at all of my opinion of him really. Just because George Bush was born here doesn't make me dislike that asshole any more or less than Obama.

To me, its a strawman. If they're going to have rules to follow as to who can run for president and who cant, maybe they should be based on whether or not the guy running believes in government stealing the fruits of your labor to another person, and if he does, he is not eligible to become prez. If a guy believes in free markets, I dont really care if he was from Mars.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 12:27:41 AM »

Agreed that it doesn't matter whether he was born in the US, etc.

The Alex Jones angle, interestingly enough, is that they fucked with the document and made it obvious so that they could point at all the "nuts" who dwell on its inauthenticity (presumably, rather than talk about actual issues.)

The real question, to me, is whether they were incompetent enough to do the crappy forgery accidentally, or if its a ploy, and/or if the truth they're hiding is something other than whether he was born here.  It seems to be another example of "opaque" government (to put it kindly.)

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 12:38:26 AM »

I dunno

On one hand, the government has proven itself to be pretty incompetent over and over again, having its SS records hacked by some 13 yr old kid in moms basement, so its possible they were actually trying to make a legit fake and just couldn't get their MS Paint 1.0 to do a good enough job.

On the other hand, they are sneaky enough to purposely do it to get the conspiracy guys all worked up and use it against them in the arena of public opinion.

The world may never know.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 01:45:11 AM »

Even if it was a fake - exactly what would happen?  Does anyone actually think he would be removed?

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 02:10:04 AM »

Even if it was a fake - exactly what would happen?  Does anyone actually think he would be removed?

If they followed their own rules, they should. I hope they wouldn't though. It would just add another example of what a farce the whole thing is, which would be a better use of the opportunity than say............. getting Joe Biden as the new guy.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 02:58:52 AM »

I think that has been the survival strategy of the last 4 presidents to have such a useless douchebag as a second that people are terrified to kill them. Quail, Gore, Cheney , Biden. Brrrrr.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 04:39:17 PM »

Of course, there's no better proof Geo. Bush was born in this country. For that matter, I'd be hard pressed to prove I was born here, rather than, say, India. Oh, I can deny it all I want. But isn't that just what you'd expect me to do? And, I can't get my real birth certificate, only a copy of it. They don't release the REAL one to anybody. Even if they did, there's no way I could establish that it isn't doctored somehow.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 07:08:01 PM »

I think the real issue here isn't that people think it might be a fake.  The real issue is that it's obviously doctored and he took so long to provide it.  Either they're painfully incompetent in the White House (something I'm leaning toward) or they want the issue to dominate news headlines.  It's either fantastic prestidigitation or unbelievably bad prestidigitation.

“Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.”--H.L. Mencken

...and it's starting to seem nobody ever lost polling points overestimating the will of the opposition to jump on a story...

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »

I have several middle names. Several bureaucracies can't handle this, so there isn't necessarily proof that I am one person.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  It's a fake!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.