Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Is the NAP Necessary?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the NAP Necessary?  (Read 30714 times)

Richard Garner

• View Profile
Re: Is the NAP Necessary?
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2009, 09:43:08 AM »

Blah

Look, suppose that there is a gang in your neighbourhood going around robbing, raping and murdering. Now suppose that there is no way you could get rid of the whold gang at the present. However, you do know that there is a guy in the gang who wants to be its leader, and he wants the gang to do less robbing, less raping, less murdering. Should you say that we shouldn't support that guy becoming the leader of the gang just because there shouldn't be a gang, even when opposing this guy means continuing with a gang that engages in more thefts, more rapes, and more murders than he would encourage?

NHArticleTen

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2009, 10:09:36 AM »

Blah

Look, suppose that there is a gang in your neighbourhood going around robbing, raping and murdering. Now suppose that there is no way you could get rid of the whold gang at the present. However, you do know that there is a guy in the gang who wants to be its leader, and he wants the gang to do less robbing, less raping, less murdering. Should you say that we shouldn't support that guy becoming the leader of the gang just because there shouldn't be a gang, even when opposing this guy means continuing with a gang that engages in more thefts, more rapes, and more murders than he would encourage?

yes

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2009, 10:21:40 AM »

Blah

yes

Ah, so you are a pro-theft, pro-rape, and pro-murder libertarian?

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2009, 10:35:43 AM »

Blah

yes

ummm....nope...

I'm anti-theft and rightly refuse even one looter/bureacrat/jackboot/mercenary "tax-person"

I'm anti-rape and rightly seek to arm and prepare each and every sovereign individual against such atrocities...no matter who, where, what, when , and how...

I'm anti-murder and rightly seek to arm, prepare, and stand beside each and every sovereign individual against such genocides...no matter who/where/what/when/how...
So why would you refuse to work with somebody who wants less murder and rape and theft just because they might not want zero murder, theft and rape? If working with them increases the likelihood of having less murder, rape, and theft, and we are more likely to have less than none, shouldn't an anti-theft, murder and rape person want help get less?

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2009, 10:50:23 AM »

Blah

yes

ummm....nope...

I'm anti-theft and rightly refuse even one looter/bureacrat/jackboot/mercenary "tax-person"

I'm anti-rape and rightly seek to arm and prepare each and every sovereign individual against such atrocities...no matter who, where, what, when , and how...

I'm anti-murder and rightly seek to arm, prepare, and stand beside each and every sovereign individual against such genocides...no matter who/where/what/when/how...
So why would you refuse to work with somebody who wants less murder and rape and theft just because they might not want zero murder, theft and rape? If working with them increases the likelihood of having less murder, rape, and theft, and we are more likely to have less than none, shouldn't an anti-theft, murder and rape person want help get less?

so you're ok with someone else compromising if it only results in...

your being looted to nothingness...
No. I am OK working with somebody who wants to make sure I am looted of less than I am looted of today, even if he doesn't want me not to be looted at all.

your being ass-fucking-raped-tl-dead-in-a-prison-full-of-ass-fuckers...

your being hunted down and murdered by the mobocracy looter minions that you have rightfully refused...

hmmm....

Whaaaaa?????

I guess others might be willing to compromise so long as it's YOUR ass that's on the line...

but I won't be participating in ANY compromises where YOUR ass is on the line...

simply because I am willing to see who they will ass-fuck and murder next...

hmmm...

But you are compromising. You are saying that it is better that you bee looted of everything than work with anybody other than those who don't want you to be looted at all. On the other hand, I see that being looted of less is closer to not being looted at all, and so closer to what I want. You are like a person who refuses fifty bucks, and so ends up with no money, because he wasn't willing to accept anything but a hundred bucks.

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »

sadly enough...you are mistaken...and have voluntarily chosen to participate in the slippery slope of "compromise" where it is ALWAYS just a question of whether or not a looter will exist just one more day...

and I rightly refuse fifty and/or a hundred dollars when it's all blood money...
Right. But in my example, it wasn't.

Let me put it this way: You are someone who is happier with somebody stealing 100% of your money than working with somebody who will ensure only 50% of your money is stolen.

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2009, 12:13:22 PM »

sadly enough...you are mistaken...and have voluntarily chosen to participate in the slippery slope of "compromise" where it is ALWAYS just a question of whether or not a looter will exist just one more day...

and I rightly refuse fifty and/or a hundred dollars when it's all blood money...
Right. But in my example, it wasn't.

Let me put it this way: You are someone who is happier with somebody stealing 100% of your money than working with somebody who will ensure only 50% of your money is stolen.

I'm not sorry that I find it pure folly to compromise with the very person who IS willing to STEAL "only" half of my property...

Is only having half your property an improvement on having all your property stolen?

I'm not sorry that I find it pure folly to compromise with the very person who IS willing to RAPE "only" on the odd days...

Is raping only on odd days not an improvement on raping every day?

I'm not sorry that I find it pure folly to compromise with the very person who IS willing to MURDER "only" on the even days...

Isn't murdering only on even days an improvement on murdering every day?

again...feel free...and even ENCOURAGED...to relate that some people...

are going to rightly refuse EVEN the theft of half their property...

Of course. And good for them. What does that have to do with anything? Why reject a move from stealing all of a person's property to stealing half their property just because it is not a complete end to theft? It is still better than stealing all of people's property.

are going to rightly refuse EVEN being raped only on odd days...

Good for them. But why decide to stick with being raped every day because the only alternative being offered is only being raped on odd days?

are going to rightly refuse EVEN being murdered only on even days...

Well, somebody can only be murdered once, so that's moot.

by now you should understand completely that today it's fifty of your hundred that you willingly compromise and surrender to the looters...

then tomorrow it's twenty-five of the fifty they left you with yesterday...that you willingly compromise and surrender to the looters...

then the next day it's twelve and fifty-cents of the twenty-five they left you lying in the dirt with the day before...

then it's not enough that they got six and seventy-five cents, so they did a little fudge-packing too...

I can't tell what the hell you are talking about here. Plainly, if one guy is offering to steal only 75% of my money, but another is offering to only steal 50%, I will choose the guy stealing only 50%.

You, on the other hand, would choose the guy stealing 100%, because there is nobody saying they will not steal anything.

patrickj

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2009, 01:54:03 PM »

So much for this discussion

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2009, 01:59:38 PM »

Plainly, if one guy is offering to steal only 75% of my money, but another is offering to only steal 50%, I will choose the guy stealing only 50%.
Why not just refuse, repel, destroy, and eliminate them BOTH?

I take it you are sending this post from your jail cell? Or the grave? Having bravely attempted to refuse, repel and destroy this thief?

You, on the other hand, would choose the guy stealing 100%, because there is nobody saying they will not steal anything.
Yeah, this guy get's refused, repelled, destroyed, and eliminated too...

Again, are you in prison, or a grave?

REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM

LIVE FREE OR DIE

JUST SAY NO[/quote]

Did that once. The hospital time wasn't so bad, but I'd rather not repeat it.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2009, 02:03:57 PM »

Dude, dont try. It doesnt know how to think clearly.

I would have erased its posts, but realized I made this in the general section.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2009, 02:11:33 PM »

Dude, dont try. It doesnt know how to think clearly.

I would have erased its posts, but realized I made this in the general section.

Fair enough

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2009, 09:50:24 AM »

Hmmm....I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO WILL NOT ACCEPT OR TOLERATE EVEN A PERCENTAGE OF RAPE...Hmmm...

Yes you are, because you are saying that we shouldn't work with those that want to cut rapes by 50%, when not working with them won't lead to any reduction in the number of rapes. You are saying "better that don't cut rape at all than we work with people that only want to cut it 50%."

patrickj

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2009, 01:02:36 PM »

Look man, nobody cares what you have to say because you sound like a raving lunatic. 

Your delivery is just so mindbogglingly counter productive, that i question if you even believe the things you say. 

Your living vicariously through your keyboard, but the world you think you experience is the opposite of the world you project.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2009, 01:30:17 PM »

Look man, nobody cares what you have to say because you sound like a raving lunatic. 

Your delivery is just so mindbogglingly counter productive, that i question if you even believe the things you say. 

Your living vicariously through your keyboard, but the world you think you experience is the opposite of the world you project.

You new here?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

patrickj

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2009, 01:48:49 PM »

Not really.  I like to figure out how his mind ticks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Is the NAP Necessary?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.