Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  If borders don't exist...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: If borders don't exist...  (Read 10930 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: If borders don't exist...
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 04:15:26 PM »

You can make whatever rules you want, you just can't arbitrarily enforce them to the extent that they deny the rights (to life) of others.  Now, if it's self-defense, in the act of forcing him off your property, that's different.

BonerJoe

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 04:21:33 PM »

You can make whatever rules you want, you just can't arbitrarily enforce them to the extent that they deny the rights (to life) of others.  Now, if it's self-defense, in the act of forcing him off your property, that's different.

But there's a fence, that's unarguably trespassing. And there's no arbitraryness about it if that is the posted rule if you trespass. In your line of thinking, someone walking into your home unarmed and doing nothing to harm any person or property can only be forcefully evicted.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »

You can make whatever rules you want, you just can't arbitrarily enforce them to the extent that they deny the rights (to life) of others.  Now, if it's self-defense, in the act of forcing him off your property, that's different.

But there's a fence, that's unarguably trespassing. And there's no arbitraryness about it if that is the posted rule if you trespass. In your line of thinking, someone walking into your home unarmed and doing nothing to harm any person or property can only be forcefully evicted.

There's a wide gap between doing nothing and murdering.  Besides, as I pointed out, forceful eviction could lead to loss of life.  As I've heard various law enforcement officials tell it, when there's just one story, and the evidence doesn't contradict that story, they feel compelled to accept that story as true...who's to say the guy didn't come after you with your kitchen knife?

Pizzly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 04:36:28 PM »

What does excluding individuals from your own property have to do with national borders (which I assume is what is referred to)? Even if you own 80% of the landmass along the border of an isolated geographic area, and you excercise perfect exclusion with zero border crossings, you cannot possibly have any realistic impact on migration.
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

Riddler

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 04:41:40 PM »

And the penalty to you is getting written up for murder, and all the people who agree it's murder treating you like a murderer,

......only if they find the bodies.......
shit, the southwestern border IS ALL SAND.
you know how easy it is to dig holes?
and make it look like there was never a hole there?

BonerJoe

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »

There's a wide gap between doing nothing and murdering.  Besides, as I pointed out, forceful eviction could lead to loss of life.  As I've heard various law enforcement officials tell it, when there's just one story, and the evidence doesn't contradict that story, they feel compelled to accept that story as true...who's to say the guy didn't come after you with your kitchen knife?

So, it's ok...as long as there's no witnesses? Heh.

BonerJoe

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 04:42:38 PM »

And the penalty to you is getting written up for murder, and all the people who agree it's murder treating you like a murderer,

......only if they find the bodies.......
shit, the southwestern border IS ALL SAND.
you know how easy it is to dig holes?
and make it look like there was never a hole there?

If the time comes, are you available for hire?

Riddler

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 04:43:52 PM »

who's to say the guy didn't come after you with your kitchen knife?

*cough throw down cough*

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 04:45:04 PM »

So, it's ok...as long as there's no witnesses? Heh.

Practical concerns, not philosophical.

Riddler

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 05:02:17 PM »

backhoe - check
wood chipper - check
powdered lye - check

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 08:35:05 PM »

backhoe - check
wood chipper - check
powdered lye - check

Funny enough, hiring a hoe to bury a body along the Florida border would be just like digging a hole in the water and, yet, the most likely place to find such work.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 09:27:56 PM »

Property Rights, Round Two:

If BonerJoe goes on vacation, and some squatters move onto his property, does he have to give them half his property, and the keys to his house when he gets back?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Bill Brasky

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 03:20:23 AM »

Borders exist on a conceptual level, as do property boundaries.

This is not a proper argument either for or against borders.

No more of that talk or I'll put the fucking leeches on you, understand?

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 05:28:42 AM »

If we're in a world where there is no government to stop me from shooting people I don't want on my property, why shouldn't I, if I have signs placed very prominently TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 08:24:55 AM »

If we're in a world where there is no government to stop me from shooting people I don't want on my property, why shouldn't I, if I have signs placed very prominently TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT.

Okay, but you have to post one in Mexican as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  If borders don't exist...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.