Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  If anyone should be applauded at airports, it should be these guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If anyone should be applauded at airports, it should be these guys.  (Read 1833 times)

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile

[youtube]Dae7DdfJ1ts[/youtube]
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

Pizzly

• View Profile
Re: If anyone should be applauded at airports, it should be these guys.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 09:35:17 PM »

An average trash collector has done more good in the world than an average soldier. I respect people like the one in this vid, soldiers make me sick.
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

BonerJoe

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 10:24:27 PM »

wat

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 12:50:32 AM »

holy crap.....

I can't even stand on a chair to change a light bulb in the ceiling fan without getting dizzy.

Also, that little hook they place over the handles when they have to take one of their hands off the handles for something?  Yeah...notice how easily that just comes right off because it doesn't clamp.  That's not my idea of safe.  These guys are insane.

Pizzly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 05:54:06 PM »

I wonder what they do if the person panics and refuses to move. Looks way to high for some kind of fire department service, and I can't imagine using a helicopter. Maybe they send up another person who just yanks them off?
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 10:16:30 PM »

I wonder what they do if the person panics and refuses to move. Looks way to high for some kind of fire department service, and I can't imagine using a helicopter. Maybe they send up another person who just yanks them off?

This is what I do for a living. I dont ever go anywhere close to this height though. Highest I go is around 400' and thats on a clear day with no cloud cover. When someone freezes up on a Rohn tower, they generally use helicopters to rescue them only after they try getting another guy up there to try and talk to the guy and calm him down first.

I froze up once but was able to calm myself down with no help. I had an inner ear infection at the time and probably shouldnt have been climbing that day. Looking up for extended periods of time can put strain on the nerves in your neck and make you slightly dizzy....... add a nasty ear infection to that and EVERYTHING was spinning, started freaking out a little, heart started racing because of that and that only made the dizziness worse. All I could do was wrap my lanyard around the tower, relax, close my eyes and look down for a bit, then I was able to calm down enough to climb back down.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  If anyone should be applauded at airports, it should be these guys.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 33 queries.