Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ian is amazingly limber
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ian is amazingly limber  (Read 2779 times)

ahasp

• View Profile
Ian is amazingly limber
« on: January 21, 2011, 04:24:56 PM »

I'm listening to the 1/19/11 show and it's amazing to see the degree to which Ian (and to a lesser degree, Mark) can twist and bend to continue to defend Momma Ally.

The Fixes (sp?) were pissy customers who perceived they were wronged.  All businesses, no matter how well run, are going to have customers that act this way.  Momma Ally and her partner clearly don't know how to deal with these types of customers.  How to deal with them?  Make a reasonable offer to fix the problem.  If they refuse it and continue to escalate, restate the offer publicly and then WALK AWAY.  Let them trash talk or post on blogs or whatever.  Momma Ally royally messed up by using angry rhetoric and further escalating the situation.  Additionally, publicly posting what could easily be considered to be a racist statement on Facebook is an incredibly bad business decision.  As was mentioned on the show, the Fixes never said that she was a racist, they just copied and pasted her words and let people draw their own conclusions. 

I'm from the South too and going around saying the "N" word would have been considered racist and/or stupid.   Posting it online would have been considered a career limiting move. 

What should Momma do now?  Cut the angry rhetoric, don't engage the Fixes other than to offer them a free meal at PorcFest (delivered to the Fixes site), and  leave your "guard" dogs at home when going to PorcFest.

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ian is amazingly limber
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 09:57:13 AM »

I'm listening to the 1/19/11 show and it's amazing to see the degree to which Ian (and to a lesser degree, Mark) can twist and bend to continue to defend Momma Ally.

The Fixes (sp?) were pissy customers who perceived they were wronged.  All businesses, no matter how well run, are going to have customers that act this way.  Momma Ally and her partner clearly don't know how to deal with these types of customers.  How to deal with them?  Make a reasonable offer to fix the problem.  If they refuse it and continue to escalate, restate the offer publicly and then WALK AWAY.  Let them trash talk or post on blogs or whatever.  Momma Ally royally messed up by using angry rhetoric and further escalating the situation.  Additionally, publicly posting what could easily be considered to be a racist statement on Facebook is an incredibly bad business decision.  As was mentioned on the show, the Fixes never said that she was a racist, they just copied and pasted her words and let people draw their own conclusions. 

I'm from the South too and going around saying the "N" word would have been considered racist and/or stupid.   Posting it online would have been considered a career limiting move. 

What should Momma do now?  Cut the angry rhetoric, don't engage the Fixes other than to offer them a free meal at PorcFest (delivered to the Fixes site), and  leave your "guard" dogs at home when going to PorcFest.
I don't disagree with any of this.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 01:49:50 PM »

I do.
Why should mama Ally be so damn compliant, are we trying to learn her to bend over for the academics?
She is a stubborn cuss that Mama Ally, and she hasn't been documented physically hurting anyone yet.
Maybe you and I look at that freedom thing differently there Prof, letting people be assholes sometimes without getting their life ruined is kind of part of liberty to me.
The fact that Ian tries to back people he considers his friends is to his credit.

blackie

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 02:09:43 PM »

I found it funny that Ian thinks the customer should try to resolve this issue. Why should customer care? I don't have any issues with what the Fixx's did, and wouldn't even call them a pissy customer.

And who cares what community the business owner happens to be in? You shouldn't get a pass on bad behavior because you are part of the "liberty community".

Mama Ally isn't a racist, she just doesn't like niggers. But not all black people are niggers according to Mama Ally, thus she is not a racist. That is the logic, right? Just because someone states that they don't like niggers doesn't mean they are a racist. That is what I heard on the show.

But if someone says they want any type of boarder control, they are a bigot and don't like brown people.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 08:36:56 PM »

Who are these people and what happened?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ian is amazingly limber

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.