Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I think my sister is a lesbian.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I think my sister is a lesbian.  (Read 33107 times)

HOO-HAA

• tattOOed HORROR writer and scowling heathen
    • View Profile
    • DROP DEAD GORGEOUS: tattOOed HORROR novel
Re: I think my sister is a lesbian.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 05:24:12 AM »

Every time I hear the word 'lesbian', I hear the distinct sound of 70's 'wah-wah' pedal in my head.

Please help me.

LibertarianMan

• Todd Andrew Barnett's Free Talk Live Signature
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • This is me with Eyeliner lol
    • View Profile
    • Liberty Cap Talk Live - BlogTalkRadio.com
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 05:27:00 AM »

* BonerJoe sprays the water hose on Rillion.

Calm down.

No fucking shit.

She'd be the wrong pick for a Sunday advice column in the New Hampshire Free Press paper. She's no Ann Landers or Dr. Joyce Brother's, that's for sure.

Talking about being uber-insecure and uber-sensitive, for crying out loud.

Yours in Liberty,

Todd Andrew Barnett
Host, Liberty Cap Talk Live with Todd Andrew Barnett and James Landrith, Jr.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/libertycaptalklive

Host, Liberty Cap Talk Live with Todd Andrew Barnett: The Sp

fatcat

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 07:10:13 AM »

So what do you think?

Write erotica about it.

Manuel_OKelly

• Objectivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 08:51:26 AM »

Yeah, I imagine that today with the internet informing her and wise gay people giving her advice online, that her dropping hints is more a tactic then a symptom of her lesbianism.

However, lesbian girls get their hearts broken all the time.

HOO-HAA

• tattOOed HORROR writer and scowling heathen
    • View Profile
    • DROP DEAD GORGEOUS: tattOOed HORROR novel
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 08:57:20 AM »

However, lesbian girls get their hearts broken all the time.

Chicka-wah-chicka-wah-chicka-wah-wah

Riddler

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 09:11:45 AM »

does she have hot friends?
the only thing you should be worried about.....

lipstick lesbo's VS bull-dyke

the latter being absolutely intolerable.

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 10:54:38 AM »

Bam!
Comrade Obama, Sorry but I have already served my country.

Brooklyn Red Leg

• The Red Legged Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 11:05:16 AM »

Nah, I better not. Someone is liable to plot my untimely demise if I post what I'm thinkin. :mrgreen:
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Er_Murazor's KoLWiki Page

therealritasue

• Fnord is the color only blind people can see.
    • View Profile
    • My dA.
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 11:27:13 AM »

I gotta say I appreciate where Rillion's coming from on this one. Before he mentioned the part about his dad, the OP really just seemed like a big "My sister's a lesbian, what should I do?!" post, which is pretty ignorant sounding and irritating. I didn't post all angry-like when I read it, but there was ample eye-rolling, definitely.

What he did was stupid and lame, but not an attack as if he committed some sort of vile crime. Foolish? Yes. Insensitive? Yes. Immature? Yes. But worthy of an ad hominem over it? Fuck no!!

How is "stay the fuck out of your sister's sexual life" an ad hominem? Since he obviously seemed preoccupied enough with it to post about it, it simply seems like, you know, good advice.
Bubbe made a kishke, she made it big and fat, My Zaydeh took one look at it and said "I can't eat that!', Oh Bubbe, Bubbe, Bubbe, Oh Bubbe me oh myyyyyyyy..

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 12:06:06 PM »

It's "I couldn't care less."  
Repeat: "I couldn't care less."  Note the "not" and the division between "care" and "less."

THIS. SO FUCKING THIS!

The other shit, eh, whatever. So the dude's sister is totally gonna rock at softball. Good for her. But that butchered language crap really gets on my nerves. If you "could care less," then clearly, you DO in fact care. If you "could careless," I guess you're going to fall off a ladder or something.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 12:07:51 PM by Dylboz »
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 12:14:36 PM »

* BonerJoe sprays the water hose on Rillion.

Calm down.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 12:16:36 PM by Rillion »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 12:16:24 PM »

So what do you think?

I think you should stay the fuck out of your sister's sexual life.  

No offense intended, Rillion, but you should really learn some tact, for fuck's sake.

Look, I agree that he should stay of her personal life. I don't think it's any of his business, unless she makes it his business by flashing her sexual orientation in front of him and the other members of the family. (If that were to happen, then it would be her fault for advertising it by making it an "in-your-face" deal.) I don't know why he's posted it, and what the reason would be, and quite honestly, I don't care why he did it. I wish he didn't post it, but I don't get what I want out of the process.

But there's a better way to express this rather than attack the guy personally. Granted, what he did was stupid. He sounds like a spring chicken on here or even in his family, I'm sure. Fuck, I'll go so far as to say that he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed for posting this info about his sister. But let's cut him a break, for fuck's sake.

I am not offended by his post, although I will say that what he wrote is out of pure ignorance, and that's curable. But your mean-spirited, condescending remarks are hardly setting a good example for all of us. If you get pissed with my statement about this in advance, then what were you expecting? A homecoming hug, kiss, and dance? Your Neanderthalic attempt to address this won't educate his mind but rather close it. Is that what you want? What, did you actually think that he would learn this from you? Are you fucking kidding me or what? Totally lame and pathetic here.

What he did was stupid and lame, but not an attack as if he committed some sort of vile crime. Foolish? Yes. Insensitive? Yes. Immature? Yes. But worthy of an ad hominem over it? Fuck no!!

I've noticed over time that You've posted stupid shit on this board yourself, and don't tell me you haven't, because if you do, then I'll know you're lying about it.

Get. Over. Yourself.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 12:18:26 PM by Rillion »

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 12:19:17 PM »

Was that a deliberate attempt at irony? If not, that dude is up there with Alanis Morissette for the accidental kind. :P
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2009, 12:31:37 PM »

I gotta say I appreciate where Rillion's coming from on this one. Before he mentioned the part about his dad, the OP really just seemed like a big "My sister's a lesbian, what should I do?!" post, which is pretty ignorant sounding and irritating. I didn't post all angry-like when I read it, but there was ample eye-rolling, definitely.

How is "stay the fuck out of your sister's sexual life" an ad hominem? Since he obviously seemed preoccupied enough with it to post about it, it simply seems like, you know, good advice.

That's just the thing.  His initial post said he had no problem with the idea of his sister being a lesbian, but it also really sounded like he had a prurient interest in her sexual activities.  How many people spend that much time monitoring what their siblings do (or don't do) in bed?  Then he asks what we think about it?  What are we supposed to care?  I was three sheets to the wind last night and could've been more polite, but it was just a plain weird  post.

It wasn't until a few posts later that he mentioned the actual reason why his sister's lesbianism should be an issue of any concern to him, which is fundie Dad with mental illness.  At which point I suggested that Sister's best shot at sexual freedom is to become independent as quickly as possible.   Is that untrue?  Is that bad advice?  I guess I could've also added that she should probably not come out to Dad, if Dad doesn't already know, until she is  independent.  That way he can't kick her out of the house for it, or if he does kick her out she will at least have a landing pad.  

So, IndyCA-- I'm sorry for including the words "the fuck" in my initial response to you.  The reply to your first post should've been "Stay out of your sister's sexual life."   I'm sorry you have a fundie dad with mental illness, and hope he doesn't make life too difficult for you and your sister.  

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2009, 01:03:55 PM »

I think you could be doing harm by painting someone as a lesbian when she might not be sure herself. If she decides she is a lesbian and feels comfortable in telling you then she will.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I think my sister is a lesbian.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.