Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I think my sister is a lesbian.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I think my sister is a lesbian.  (Read 33111 times)

IndyCA

I think my sister is a lesbian.
« on: August 07, 2009, 11:48:23 PM »

So the pieces are all starting to fit and I think my teen sister is a lesbian.  She has been caught not just once but twice with playboys in her early teens.  I brushed it off as curiosity but more puzzle pieces are fitting together.  Unlike my friend's sisters who comment about what guy actors they love, think are hot etc., she comments on how beautiful certain female actresses are.  She also points out cute girls when we are in a public place and comments about them.  The only guy she has had over was  flamboyantly gay and their 'date' was obviously strictly friendship.  I also walked in on some suspicious activity between her and a friend that was followed by poorly formed excuses. 

Don't get me wrong, I do not have a problem with it if she is.  In fact I am relieved that I will not have to fight any boyfriends that don't treat her right.  So what do you think?

BonerJoe

Re: I think my sister is a lesbian.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 12:00:58 AM »

I think you're not very bright if it took you this long to piece things together.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 12:14:11 AM »

So what do you think?

I think you should stay the fuck out of your sister's sexual life. 

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 12:42:38 AM »

So what do you think?

Now that's what I call friendly advice. :roll:

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 12:44:37 AM »

So what do you think?

Well it's not really so nice but she's right. If she wants him to know she'll tell him. I'm sure she wouldn't like to know he's being nosy and trying to deliberate whether or not if she's lesbian with strangers on the internet.

IndyCA

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 12:54:08 AM »

So what do you think?

What part of my post implied that I was nosing into anyone's sex life?  I could careless.  I was just pointing out what I observed over the years, for fucks sake...

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 12:56:04 AM »

So what do you think?

I'm sure she wouldn't like to know he's being nosy and trying to deliberate whether or not if she's lesbian with strangers on the internet.
Granted, but people are always gonna be interested in what their family members are up to. We don't know his name so it's harmless.

IndyCA

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 12:57:25 AM »

So what do you think?

Well it's not really so nice but she's right. If she wants him to know she'll tell him. I'm sure she wouldn't like to know he's being nosy and trying to deliberate whether or not if she's lesbian with strangers on the internet.

You just contradicted yourself.  It is the fact that everyone is a stranger on the internet that makes it useful to ask for other's advice, opinion etc. that you would not talk about to people IRL.  As long as you do not post sensitive identifying information, your secrets stay out of your IRL.

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 01:01:41 AM »

Well its not impossible to retrieve personal info. However if I had a close friend or relative I found out talking to a bunch of people about me being gay I'd be pissed off. I would rather have them talk to me if they are so inclined to figure it out.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:11:04 AM by Hideaki »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 01:13:14 AM »

So what do you think?

What part of my post implied that I was nosing into anyone's sex life?  I could careless.  I was just pointing out what I observed over the years, for fucks sake...

Why  are you pointing out what you've observed over the years?  Why are you noting what "excuses" she offers?  Why do you care what excuses she offers in the first place?

She's figuring out her own sexuality.  Everyone does it.  If you really didn't care, you wouldn't have started a thread on a forum for complete strangers to discuss it.  But since you asked for our opinions, my opinion is to leave her alone.  If you really think she's a lesbian, then maybe drop some hints about how you'd be completely cool with that and then let it go.  People, especially women, can go through some dramatic changes in their sexuality in the teenage and college years.  There's really nothing you can, or should, do about it.  

IndyCA

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 01:20:58 AM »

So what do you think?

What part of my post implied that I was nosing into anyone's sex life?  I could careless.  I was just pointing out what I observed over the years, for fucks sake...

Why  are you pointing out what you've observed over the years?  Why are you noting what "excuses" she offers?  Why do you care what excuses she offers in the first place?

She's figuring out her own sexuality.  Everyone does it.  If you really didn't care, you wouldn't have started a thread on a forum for complete strangers to discuss it.  But since you asked for our opinions, my opinion is to leave her alone.  If you really think she's a lesbian, then maybe drop some hints about how you'd be completely cool with that and then let it go.  People, especially women, can go through some dramatic changes in their sexuality in the teenage and college years.  There's really nothing you can, or should, do about it. 
You should have posted this instead of that antagonistic one liner.

Btw when I said I could careless it was about what her orientation is. What it is, is something relevant since her and my father is an fundamentalist Christian with a history of mental illness.  I had only the best intentions in my inquiry.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:26:32 AM by IndyCA »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 01:49:51 AM »

You should have posted this instead of that antagonistic one liner.

You asked for opinions; you got them.  

Btw when I said I could careless it was about what her orientation is.

It's "I couldn't care less."  
Repeat: "I couldn't care less."  Note the "not" and the division between "care" and "less."

What it is, is something relevant since her and my father is an fundamentalist Christian with a history of mental illness.

Well, you should've said so.  Sounds like you and your sister need to get away from Dad ASAP regardless of what your sexual orientations are.  The quickest way to do that is financial independence-- when you have a job and you're living on your own, then you don't have to give a damn about what your parents think of you.  If you're close to your sister, have a heart-to-heart talk and explain your concerns.  If you're not, then simply remind her that she won't be free to live the sexual life she wants (and neither will you) until you're on your own.  I know it's harsh, but ultimately it's the decision you (and she) will have to make.  Parents who do not rule their children financially cannot tell their children how to live.  
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:54:53 AM by Rillion »

BonerJoe

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 02:58:05 AM »

* BonerJoe sprays the water hose on Rillion.

Calm down.

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 03:56:33 AM »

Why do I feel like supporting Rillion's values right now? That usuallly doesn't happen.
So the pieces are all starting to fit and I think my teen sister is a lesbian.  She has been caught not just once but twice with playboys in her early teens.  I brushed it off as curiosity but more puzzle pieces are fitting together.  Unlike my friend's sisters who comment about what guy actors they love, think are hot etc., she comments on how beautiful certain female actresses are.  She also points out cute girls when we are in a public place and comments about them.  The only guy she has had over was  flamboyantly gay and their 'date' was obviously strictly friendship.  I also walked in on some suspicious activity between her and a friend that was followed by poorly formed excuses.  

Don't get me wrong, I do not have a problem with it if she is.  In fact I am relieved that I will not have to fight any boyfriends that don't treat her right.  So what do you think?
It'd be a big problem if my sister was shootin the breeze like that, but it wouldn't be on the waves like that. Not that I'd be disappointed, but things would be more interesting upon questioning. Check
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 04:12:48 AM by Rebel »

LibertarianMan

• Todd Andrew Barnett's Free Talk Live Signature
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • This is me with Eyeliner lol
    • View Profile
    • Liberty Cap Talk Live - BlogTalkRadio.com
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 05:11:47 AM »

So what do you think?

No offense intended, Rillion, but you should really learn some tact, for fuck's sake.

Look, I agree that he should stay of her personal life. I don't think it's any of his business, unless she makes it his business by flashing her sexual orientation in front of him and the other members of the family. (If that were to happen, then it would be her fault for advertising it by making it an "in-your-face" deal.) I don't know why he's posted it, and what the reason would be, and quite honestly, I don't care why he did it. I wish he didn't post it, but I don't get what I want out of the process.

But there's a better way to express this rather than attack the guy personally. Granted, what he did was stupid. He sounds like a spring chicken on here or even in his family, I'm sure. Fuck, I'll go so far as to say that he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed for posting this info about his sister. But let's cut him a break, for fuck's sake.

I am not offended by his post, although I will say that what he wrote is out of pure ignorance, and that's curable. But your mean-spirited, condescending remarks are hardly setting a good example for all of us. If you get pissed with my statement about this in advance, then what were you expecting? A homecoming hug, kiss, and dance? Your Neanderthalic attempt to address this won't educate his mind but rather close it. Is that what you want? What, did you actually think that he would learn this from you? Are you fucking kidding me or what? Totally lame and pathetic here.

What he did was stupid and lame, but not an attack as if he committed some sort of vile crime. Foolish? Yes. Insensitive? Yes. Immature? Yes. But worthy of an ad hominem over it? Fuck no!!

I've noticed over time that You've posted stupid shit on this board yourself, and don't tell me you haven't, because if you do, then I'll know you're lying about it.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:18:46 AM by LibertarianMan »
Yours in Liberty,

Todd Andrew Barnett
Host, Liberty Cap Talk Live with Todd Andrew Barnett and James Landrith, Jr.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/libertycaptalklive

Host, Liberty Cap Talk Live with Todd Andrew Barnett: The Sp
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I think my sister is a lesbian.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.