Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I support the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I support the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"  (Read 3080 times)

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
I support the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:05:35 AM »

It means that the Federal Armies will be all the more easy to defeat when Secession again becomes necessary.
For God and Free Trade

Pizzly

• View Profile
Re: I support the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 01:25:27 AM »

I think this is an insult...
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

dmgov

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Umm.. ohh snoochie boochies..
    • View Profile
    • TheSharkTank
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 06:48:21 AM »

insult to?
"A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance."
— Hunter S. Thompson

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 07:19:03 AM »

Not necessarily, it might be referring to the disharmony theory rather than the "gays can't fight" theory.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 10:19:08 AM »

I like how Stephen Colbert put it-- When the bullets are flying overhead, "What if that guy who just saved my ass was saving it for later?"

cavalier973

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 12:53:29 PM »

Not necessarily, it might be referring to the disharmony theory rather than the "gays can't fight" theory.

I am mainly making a stab at weak humor, but this second theory is more what I think.  "Gays can't fight" doesn't make sense, since they are already in the army, fighting.  Open homosexuality makes things weird for some heterosexuals, even though they are the same guys working together.  Kind of like, you might find a new dish your wife cooked really, really tasty until you find out it's horsemeat.

A question I find interesting is, what's the point of separating soldiers' showering facilities into "male" and "female" anymore (assuming they still do that kind of thing)?
For God and Free Trade

blackie

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 01:11:54 PM »

A question I find interesting is, what's the point of separating soldiers' showering facilities into "male" and "female" anymore (assuming they still do that kind of thing)?
Cus a lot of the hetero guys in the army are the rapist type. They will also steal from other soldiers.

They called them "blue falcons" or buddy fuckers.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blue%20falcon
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 01:18:45 PM by blackie »

cavalier973

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »

Cus a lot of the hetero guys in the army are the rapist type. They will also steal from other soldiers.

They called them "blue falcons" or buddy fuckers.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blue%20falcon

Are you suggesting that the DADT policy was to protect homosexuals from the heterosexuals?
For God and Free Trade

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 03:50:44 PM »

I am mainly making a stab at weak humor, but this second theory is more what I think.  "Gays can't fight" doesn't make sense, since they are already in the army, fighting.  Open homosexuality makes things weird for some heterosexuals, even though they are the same guys working together.  Kind of like, you might find a new dish your wife cooked really, really tasty until you find out it's horsemeat.

Having queers in the military will be a positive thing for the military. It will increase effectiveness of the modern integrated army. Many societal advantages to having open homosexuals in the military. It will help keep the female soldiers in check. Attractive females who are good at using favoritism from superiors to get by, cause a lot of internal infighting.  Jealousy issues will be moderated by the presence of gays, who have a tendency to be fairly level headed about this sort of thing. Also many ex soldiers who would have been lifetime Republicans will support Democrates. This is a admirable statist move. Bad news for us liberty people though.

What is wrong with horsemeat?
It is difficult to properly masterbate in a public shower if the opposite sex might walk in. Another guy just points and laughs, I don't even like it when my own wife catches me jacking (and she saw my dick before, a year or so ago). If a chick tries to rub one out and a guy walks in, he will always suggest a "alternative", and if he has a small unattractive dick, it is awkward for the chick to tell him "no". That's the reason for separate facilities.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:52:16 PM by alaric89 »

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 07:04:50 PM »

Gays in the military worked for the ancient Greeks.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I support the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.