Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I saw a UFO last night
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I saw a UFO last night  (Read 8373 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: I saw a UFO last night
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 11:30:43 PM »

So..  How long will Venus be orbiting us? 

it orbits the sun, just like earth does. 

Preposterous!

:)

I kinda figured a man of your calibur already knew that, but i was just covering my own ass.

I just like to make chatter.  Good find on the Venus#Observation. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 06:22:05 AM »

Its departure is on that tape.  In all seriousness I should probably give it a look when I go in tomorrow.

Did you?

Nope.  After some responses here, and seeing again tonight what I assumed was Venus in the same approximate area as the previous night - although it was not NEARLY as bright - I decided to agree with these guys here.

The picture Kunst showed illustrates its position in the sky - about 30 degrees above horizon.  The moon is usually visible over that way, early in the night, same as the pic. 

I don't really believe in the Hollywood version of UFO's.  I guess they're possible, because I subscribe to the logic of infinite possibility of the cosmos.  Everything is out there, splattered across infinity, thats the mathematical construct.  But I don't think I saw one last night.  I saw an unidentified object, and for all intents and purposes, it was identified. 

Riddler

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 07:43:43 AM »

fuckin' A....all that reading for nothin? sonofabitch

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 08:19:34 AM »

You wanted a Brasky story about anal probing?
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Riddler

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 11:59:49 AM »

You wanted a Brasky story about anal probing?

not quite....
maybe one where he goes off on an elaborate rant at the alien lifeform....
the kinda shit that keeps us coming back for more.

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 12:10:57 PM »

So, I live in Mesa and around 4pm I was driving to get gas in my car and I noticed this really really bright white light, like the brightest light I have ever seen in the sky just kind of hanging out. I was in my car so I couldn't get video and my cell phone has a shitty camera. I got home to find nothing on the news or radio. Then I found this thread and it reminded me of Brasky's encounter. It sounds like we saw the same thing.

In this case they are calling it a "weather balloon." I don't know a whole lot about weather balloons, but it just seemed way to bright to be anything like that. Anyone else in AZ happen to see this?

Here is the forum:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread472215/pg1

I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 02:08:46 AM »

"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2009, 08:48:15 AM »

So, I live in Mesa and around 4pm I was driving to get gas in my car and I noticed this really really bright white light, like the brightest light I have ever seen in the sky just kind of hanging out. I was in my car so I couldn't get video and my cell phone has a shitty camera. I got home to find nothing on the news or radio. Then I found this thread and it reminded me of Brasky's encounter. It sounds like we saw the same thing.

In this case they are calling it a "weather balloon." I don't know a whole lot about weather balloons, but it just seemed way to bright to be anything like that. Anyone else in AZ happen to see this?

Here is the forum:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread472215/pg1

I have seen a weather balloon, and they look exactly like that. Just outside Las Vegas, it was. Late afternoon. The things are silver-colored, and so reflect light really well. Also, they are much larger than people realize. Not exactly your kid's party balloon.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2009, 12:11:50 PM »

I once saw what looked like a very long blimp shape in the night sky. It was silent, and about the size of a twinkie only not as wide. It had dozens non-blinking, dim, fine blue lights around its circumference. It stayed still for a while, and then moved laterally (which obviously means it was obviously extraterrestrial, obviously) about 20 degrees across the sky before moving very rapidly forward.

At first I thought it might be an anti-stealth blimp or something, but it moved a whole damn lot faster than any blimp I've ever seen, and as far as I know there aren't any other aircraft of that shape. It seemed really big too. And the silhouette was definitely not that of an airplane or helicopter.

Now I don't believe that it was extraterrestrial, but I sure can't think of what it was. I mean, it's obviously an aircraft. But I don't know what would look or act like that.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 12:13:24 PM by MacFall »
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

Riddler

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 12:26:18 PM »

I once saw what looked like a very long blimp shape in the night sky. It was silent, and about the size of a twinkie only not as wide. It had dozens non-blinking, dim, fine blue lights around its circumference. It stayed still for a while, and then moved laterally (which obviously means it was obviously extraterrestrial, obviously) about 20 degrees across the sky before moving very rapidly forward.

At first I thought it might be an anti-stealth blimp or something, but it moved a whole damn lot faster than any blimp I've ever seen, and as far as I know there aren't any other aircraft of that shape. It seemed really big too. And the silhouette was definitely not that of an airplane or helicopter.

Now I don't believe that it was extraterrestrial, but I sure can't think of what it was. I mean, it's obviously an aircraft. But I don't know what would look or act like that.

were you hemped up?

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2009, 12:53:12 PM »

were you hemped up?

Nope, stone-ass sober. Tired though. It was very late.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2009, 02:26:02 PM »

It may have moved faster than any blimp you've SEEN, but that does not mean you have seen a blimp moving at their fastest possible speed. Some dirigibles can travel at 70 mph, though they usually hover around ballparks at much slower speeds.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2009, 04:56:57 PM »

can dirigibles move sideways too?

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2009, 04:59:46 PM »

can dirigibles move sideways too?

yes, same as a boat
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »

Well that's probably what it was then. But it was about 4 times bigger than any blimp I've ever seen (that is, about twice as wide and three times as long as the biggest, which wasn't the Goodyear blimp.). I still think it was probably an experimental military craft of some kind.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I saw a UFO last night

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.