Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I have quite Christianity
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down

Author Topic: I have quite Christianity  (Read 46216 times)

Taors

Re: I have quite Christianity
« Reply #240 on: December 10, 2006, 04:04:14 PM »

Tarantino does not suck. 

Breakfast club was a cool movie.  That theme song will remind me of it a hundred years from now. 

Lebowski had good dialogue. 

Full Metal Jacket gets honorable mention.  You can't mention dialogue without a tip of the hat to that flick. 

I'm gonna gouge out your eyeballs and skullfuck you. 
I love that line.  I love that movie.  Kubrick is a genius.  How did we switch from terrortino to Kubrick?

Because Kubrick is the better director.
ah.  there I can totally agree.

Good.

S1rama

« Reply #241 on: December 10, 2006, 05:01:39 PM »

Tarantino does not suck. 

Breakfast club was a cool movie.  That theme song will remind me of it a hundred years from now. 

Full Metal Jacket gets honorable mention.  You can't mention dialogue without a tip of the hat to that flick. 

I love that line.  I love that movie.  Kubrick is a genius.  How did we switch from terrortino to Kubrick?

Good.
indeed.

Taors

« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2006, 05:04:19 PM »

Tarantino does not suck. 

Good.
indeed.

Quite.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2006, 08:20:33 PM »

Lee Ermey improved all that dialogue.  He was a creative consultant on the set and Kubrick liked him better than the Sarge he was meant to be mentoring. 

Charles

« Reply #244 on: December 11, 2006, 07:40:50 PM »

I think Dr. Strangelove might have some moments where it outdoes full metal jacket.

Taors

« Reply #245 on: December 11, 2006, 07:52:18 PM »

I think Dr. Strangelove might have some moments where it outdoes full metal jacket.

To be honest FMJ is one of my least favorite Kubrick films. The second half isn't really that great.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 11, 2006, 10:24:15 PM »

To be honest FMJ is one of my least favorite Kubrick films. The second half isn't really that great.

I agree.  After the parts where it's funny, it's kind of like every other war movie. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #247 on: December 11, 2006, 10:43:47 PM »

I guess the cinematography in FMJ doesnt cut the mustard?  It was like being there, except not. 

The dialogue purposely stops its childishness to impart a sense of reality into the second half, its like two completely different movies. 

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 11, 2006, 10:57:42 PM »

It's been a while since I've seen it, but everytime I see the whole thing I like it more.  The second half wasn't horrible or anything, but there's a very defined purpose as to why it shifts the way it does. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Taors

« Reply #249 on: December 11, 2006, 11:36:43 PM »

It's been a while since I've seen it, but everytime I see the whole thing I like it more.  The second half wasn't horrible or anything, but there's a very defined purpose as to why it shifts the way it does. 

I would LOVE to hear you say "Me so ho'ney!".

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 12, 2006, 12:15:09 AM »

ROFL.  I just said it to myself, and it's got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever said.   :lol: :lol: :lol:
         -George W. Bush

Smitty507

« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2006, 12:17:07 AM »

I think we need more chicks on this board

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2006, 12:24:52 AM »

I think we need more chicks on this board

Most don't want to deal with the testosterone surge.  I'm just as much of a pervert as the rest of you.  I'm usually an exception to the rule. 
         -George W. Bush

Taors

« Reply #253 on: December 12, 2006, 12:56:51 AM »

ROFL.  I just said it to myself, and it's got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever said.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://mp3-upload.net/index.php

Do it do it do it! :D

Taors

« Reply #254 on: December 12, 2006, 12:25:10 PM »

That's pretty hot.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I have quite Christianity

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.