Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I have quite Christianity
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: I have quite Christianity  (Read 46337 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: I have quite Christianity
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2006, 12:44:20 AM »

Oh thank fuck someone pointed out your ridiculous inability to type and/or spell.  I always get shit for it whenever I do.

Everyone should just face it.  There is no God.

If there is no God...what have you got to lose?   I feel that I would rather believe in somethiing and find that it isn't real...then not believe and face the ultimate punishment.  All are entitled to what they believe...of course...and even I am trying to find my feet again in Christ...I can't bring myself to say that there is no God...too much has happened to refute that.

Just my two cents is all.

That's the beauty of it.  I am completely free to disagree wholeheartedly with you.  And I do.  I don't believe there is anything after you die.  I believe you're dead and six feet underground.  And as for what I have to lose, nothing if I don't believe.  I only have something to lose if I do. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

S1rama

« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2006, 02:05:08 AM »

Oh thank fuck someone pointed out your ridiculous inability to type and/or spell.  I always get shit for it whenever I do.

If there is no God...what have you got to lose?   I feel that I would rather believe in somethiing and find that it isn't real...then not believe and face the ultimate punishment.  All are entitled to what they believe...of course...and even I am trying to find my feet again in Christ...I can't bring myself to say that there is no God...too much has happened to refute that.

That's the beauty of it.  I am completely free to disagree wholeheartedly with you.  And I do.  I don't believe there is anything after you die.  I believe you're dead and six feet underground.  And as for what I have to lose, nothing if I don't believe.  I only have something to lose if I do. 

Fair point.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2006, 02:08:45 AM »

Fair point.

As you know, we all have our opinions.  I also believe that they are only shortcomings if we do not accept different opinions from others.   :)
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

S1rama

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2006, 02:29:58 AM »

Fair point.

As you know, we all have our opinions.  I also believe that they are only shortcomings if we do not accept different opinions from others.   :)

so true.  I agree whole-heartedly.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2006, 02:57:02 AM »

If there is no God...what have you got to lose?   I feel that I would rather believe in somethiing and find that it isn't real...then not believe and face the ultimate punishment. 

Three reasons:

1.  If you were God, and you knew that somebody (claimed to) believe in you just to avoid eternal punishment, would you be positively disposed toward that person?

2.  You're going to Hell according to somebody's theology no matter what you believe.  You don't even need to go outside of Christianity for this to be true. 

3.  Since Hell is therefore not a concern, a person might as well live her life honestly and not assert the existence of invisible, all-powerful infinite beings if she can't demonstrate their existance. 

nighthawk

« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2006, 04:20:52 AM »

Ms. Rama, I read your original post and I think it's great that you have questions. If you really want to see God's work you should go to a church plant, its a non church....for people just like you !  If you are really interested you can go look it up on a Google search for your area. they will answer your questions and ask nothing in return.  God promises People only break their promises.

It was best said in Jeremiah 29:11 for I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord plans to prosper you not to harm you.

And to all those on here who don't believe I pray for you and I love you no matter what you may say think or feel towards me only based on me being Christian.

Taors

« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2006, 08:39:49 AM »

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

Just for the record, Pascal was a pussy.

And if the Muslim hell is true, sorry babe, you're going.

S1rama

« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2006, 02:16:28 PM »

Ms. Rama, I read your original post and I think it's great that you have questions. If you really want to see God's work you should go to a church plant, its a non church....for people just like you !  If you are really interested you can go look it up on a Google search for your area. they will answer your questions and ask nothing in return.  God promises People only break their promises.

It was best said in Jeremiah 29:11 for I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord plans to prosper you not to harm you.

And to all those on here who don't believe I pray for you and I love you no matter what you may say think or feel towards me only based on me being Christian.

Thank you...I will look into it.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2006, 03:08:01 PM »

Why pray for people if they don't ask?  I know it makes me severely uncomfortable when people say that to me.  I don't want people to pray for me, it's weird. 
         -George W. Bush

Taors

« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2006, 04:04:42 PM »

Thanks. It's good to hear someone loves me...a complete stranger on the internets that is.

S1rama

« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2006, 04:11:18 PM »

Thanks. It's good to hear someone loves me...a complete stranger on the internets that is.

Whether or not they mean it...it's refreshing to me that someone can take the time out to even think about me...is great.

zebraflood

« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2006, 04:45:40 PM »

Whether or not they mean it...it's refreshing to me that someone can take the time out to even think about me...is great.

The most abhorrent kind of love is that which is not earned. Loved in spite of your alleged faults rather than for your character or accomplishments. Thanks, but no thanks.

And if they don't mean it, then they haven't really taken the time out to think about you, have they? Words are just words.

cerpntaxt

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2006, 04:59:05 PM »

The most abhorrent kind of love is that which is not earned. Loved in spite of your alleged faults rather than for your character or accomplishments. Thanks, but no thanks.

And if they don't mean it, then they haven't really taken the time out to think about you, have they? Words are just words.
*applause*

Taors

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2006, 06:26:27 PM »

That's why I had to dump her. She was telling me she loved me like every day and we didn't even really know each other.

S1rama

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2006, 07:31:31 PM »

That's why I had to dump her. She was telling me she loved me like every day and we didn't even really know each other.

dump who?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I have quite Christianity

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.