Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I guess it's now official. CNN is not a neutral news report network
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I guess it's now official. CNN is not a neutral news report network  (Read 1616 times)

Looking from outside

• View Profile

From http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/01/cnn-president-jeff-zucker-backs-piers-morgans-gun-154272.html

CNN President Jeff Zucker backs Piers Morgan's gun control campaign

By DYLAN BYERS | 1/15/13 4:53 PM EST CNN president Jeff Zucker told CNN New York staff today that he supported Piers Morgan's decision to speak in favor of gun control, sources at the network tell POLITICO.

During a town-hall meeting with staff, Zucker was asked about CNN expressing opinion, something it has traditionally tried to avoid. Zucker said he was in favor of it where it was appropriate, citing Morgan's stance on gun control as one example, sources said.

(PHOTOS: Stars call for gun control)

Since the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn., Morgan has emerged as a staunch advocate for increased gun control, including a ban on AR-15 assault rifles and similar weapons.

Today's meeting in New York was attended by at least 600 staffers, sources said. One described Zucker's support for Morgan's taking a position as "clear and unequivocal."

(VIDEO: Piers Morgan’s aniti-gun rant)

CNN spokesperson Christa Robinson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

UPDATE (6:31 p.m.): Robinson confirms that Zucker supported Morgan's decision to express his views in this case.

This post has been updated.

Ironic, isn't it when one knows that Anderson Cooper refused to openly acknowledge that he was gay so he could preserve his neutrality as a news reporter on CNN.

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
Re: I guess it's now official. CNN is not a neutral news report network
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:09:27 PM »

No surprise that one of the propagandist facilitators wants major gun control for the peasants that may eventually wise up to the fact that they've been sold a bill of goods.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 12:57:25 AM »

Ted Turner married (Hanoi) Jane Fonda. I think thats enough to show his real self.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »

Shut your mongoloid face in the presence of Teddy Junior.  Imbecile.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I guess it's now official. CNN is not a neutral news report network

// ]]>

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 31 queries.