Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I fucking hate Logitech
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I fucking hate Logitech  (Read 2929 times)

Bill Brasky

I fucking hate Logitech
« on: September 19, 2009, 05:24:57 PM »

I swear to christ, I'll never buy another piece of Logitech shit again.

I like them because they're cheap, throwaway products.  I don't expect miracles from them.  But goddammit, how about making stuff just a TINY bit better, like junk that works and just isn't very impressive. 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I fucking hate Logitech
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 05:47:21 PM »

It's been a very long time since I've purchased anything by logitech.  I think a back up keyboard for my work computer about 8-9 years ago was the last thing.
Dealing with a couple of their products on the other computers in my life has kept me from slipping up and considering anything they make.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

BonerJoe

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 05:48:24 PM »

Kensington has never let me down.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 05:55:23 PM »

Kensington has never let me down.

Up until tablets started coming with a comfortable-to-use mouse in addition to the pen, I had a Kensington trackball for use when I wasn't drawing.
It outlasted three macs. That thing was awesome.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 06:11:55 PM »

I had a nice wireless logitech mouse once that came with my dell lap-top. It lasted over a year, and it only needed a change of batteries once, despite never being turned off ever.  Also, it was dropped several times without any problems and had a range of about 20 feet. Eventually though it died for no discernible reason forever, and I got a microsoft wireless mouse which lasted a couple of months before the spring that holds the batteries in place broke off. Now I dont have a mouse, and despite not being able to play video games very well, I'm doing just fine.

Any ideas as to what I should get as a new mouse? My halo playing days have come to a major halt.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 11:21:13 PM »

It's been a very long time since I've purchased anything by logitech.  I think a back up keyboard for my work computer about 8-9 years ago was the last thing.
Dealing with a couple of their products on the other computers in my life has kept me from slipping up and considering anything they make.

On a whim, about a year ago, I bought a cheapo Logitech wireless keyboard-mouse-USB speaker combo pack.  It was like 27 bucks at Wally's.  I needed a rig for my laptop, the speaks were pissing me off on the lappy when I tried to watch a real movie.  I just wanted to hear the movie, I figured they could manage that.  They were at best, adequate.  The keyboard was basically a bonus. 

So, the shit works.  But for some reason, the keyboard will decide to quit at random.  I think it goes unrecognized when I do an update.  Same with the mouse, but at different times.  Theres no rhyme or reason for it, at least that I can figure out in my miasma of substance abuse and general disarray. 

Now the keyboard works again, which was the catalyst of my current gripe. 

My original dreamboard was a Kensington model, silver mod design with detachable number pad.  I think I may have to revisit the Keyboard aisle at Office Max.   

For added amusement, I was stupid enough to buy a Logitech speaker system, again.  This one isn't completely shit, either.  They actually sound pretty good, if you don't crank 'em up past 3/4ths.  Its got a little bass cube, crisp movie sound.  I expect them to die any minute now.

I wonder what else I can bitch about. 

This has officially turned into a general complaint thread. 

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 08:38:06 AM »

Logitech makes cheap stuff, but they also make very good quality stuff.  I've really enjoyed my Z-680 speakes, Harmony One remote, and G15 keyboard.  I'm currently using a G5 mouse, which is alright.  It's certainly better than most of the mice I've used, but it's not perfect.  At work I use a VX Nano, which is an awesome mouse.  I've also used the MX Revolution, MX-510, and MX-518 and they're all very nice for different purposes.  It really depends on what you're buying from them.

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 10:26:53 AM »

I haven't bought any new electronics in like 4-5 years...

(Except an MP3 player.  And a new monitor.  And probably a mouse / keyboard.  And a cable modem, which actually belongs to the cable company I think.  That's it.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 10:30:10 AM by Alex Libman »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 11:55:19 AM »

Only thing I own from Logitech is an MX 518 USB mouse (I detest wireless keyboards and mouses) and it is very high quality.  Of course it was like 50 bucks when I bought it.  Never owned anything else by them though.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Zhwazi

• Recovering Ex-Anarchocapitalist
    • View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 04:12:19 AM »

I bought a logitech trackball a year ago and it's been a wonderful piece of equipment to me. Only other logitech thing I own is a cheap PS/2 keyboard that I only bought because one of my systems doesn't have any functional USB ports (the plastics tabs broke. yes, all of them). My Unicomp keyboard kicks its tail but I bought it only because it was cheap.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 09:28:02 PM »

You should be able to pay Logitech a one-time fee of $100, and for life they will send you a brand new generic keyboard or mouse, whenever you request one.  Within 24 hours.  And various other plastic junk, like black plastic bar ashtrays.  

Lower the bar, Logitech, and fulfill your destiny of blanketing the earth with cheap plastic shit!  

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »

Logitech made great products, until I ran across their G7 mouse. It was the holy grail of mice, but had model-wide flaws.

They ended up screwing me after requesting a replacement.

No more Logitech for me. Glad others are doing the same. :)
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I fucking hate Logitech

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 46 queries.