Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I FUCKING HATE IPODs
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: I FUCKING HATE IPODs  (Read 45182 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I FUCKING HATE IPODs
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2009, 01:23:59 PM »

I'm repeatedly amused at the Windows snobs bitching about iTunes being the dominant system and somehow "shutting out" Windows people who refuse to put free software on their computer.  For years and years, Macintosh users dealt with much more significant and irrational bullshit from vendors who pretended the only OS was Windows.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2009, 01:25:31 PM »

I'm repeatedly amused at the Windows snobs bitching about iTunes being the dominant system and somehow "shutting out" Windows people who refuse to put free software on their computer.  For years and years, Macintosh users dealt with much more significant and irrational bullshit from vendors who pretended the only OS was Windows.

Who is saying that?

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2009, 01:26:47 PM »

Who is saying that?

Who's saying what?

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2009, 01:53:19 PM »

"...Windows snobs bitching about iTunes being the dominant system and somehow "shutting out" Windows people who refuse to put free software on their computer."

Saying that.  I've never heard anyone say anything like that.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2009, 02:31:09 PM »

If iTunes was a Windows product, Mac people would laugh at it. 

BonerJoe

« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2009, 02:35:46 PM »

If iTunes was a Windows product, Mac people would laugh at it. 

It's true.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2009, 11:15:39 PM »

"...Windows snobs bitching about iTunes being the dominant system and somehow "shutting out" Windows people who refuse to put free software on their computer."

I said that.  It's where you got the quote.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2009, 07:57:55 AM »

You claim that you're amused by Windows users bitching about iTunes and how it's shutting them out.  I don't know anyone saying those things.  I know a fair number of Windows users, myself included, who don't like the Windows version of iTunes, but I don't know anyone who thinks they're being "shut out" of anything because they refuse to install/use it.

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2009, 08:02:28 AM »

but I don't know anyone who thinks they're being "shut out" of anything because they refuse to install/use it.

Try a Linux forum. But then, there wasn't a Linux client so it's kind of hard to argue that they weren't being "shut out".
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2009, 08:18:55 AM »

but I don't know anyone who thinks they're being "shut out" of anything because they refuse to install/use it.

Try a Linux forum. But then, there wasn't a Linux client so it's kind of hard to argue that they weren't being "shut out".

With Linux, it's usually more about what it isn't shut out of...at least as far as commercial applications go :P

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2009, 12:15:57 PM »

You claim that you're amused by Windows users bitching about iTunes and how it's shutting them out.  I don't know anyone saying those things.  I know a fair number of Windows users, myself included, who don't like the Windows version of iTunes, but I don't know anyone who thinks they're being "shut out" of anything because they refuse to install/use it.

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=29697.msg565007#msg565007

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2009, 12:20:19 PM »

This.  I refuse to install iTunes or any other Apple product on my system.  Hell I even use "Quicktime Alternative" to keep that Quicktime nonsense off my  system.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2009, 07:57:18 PM »

Saying that.  I've never heard anyone say anything like that.

I said that.  It's where you got the quote.

You claim that you're amused by Windows users bitching about iTunes and how it's shutting them out.  I don't know anyone saying those things.  I know a fair number of Windows users, myself included, who don't like the Windows version of iTunes, but I don't know anyone who thinks they're being "shut out" of anything because they refuse to install/use it.

He's talking about someone not being able to use his iPod without having iTunes installed on Harry Tuttle's machine...not quite the same thing, since Harry Tuttle isn't complaining about not being able to access content.  In fact, it's the other way around.  The guy with the iPod couldn't get it.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2009, 10:48:53 PM »

I believe my only 2 items I own that are Apple related are Quicktime and various Beatles paraphernalia (shirts, posters, cd's, pirated mp3's).
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2009, 06:47:05 AM »

Saying that.  I've never heard anyone say anything like that.

I said that.  It's where you got the quote.

You claim that you're amused by Windows users bitching about iTunes and how it's shutting them out.  I don't know anyone saying those things.  I know a fair number of Windows users, myself included, who don't like the Windows version of iTunes, but I don't know anyone who thinks they're being "shut out" of anything because they refuse to install/use it.

He's talking about someone not being able to use his iPod without having iTunes installed on Harry Tuttle's machine...not quite the same thing, since Harry Tuttle isn't complaining about not being able to access content.  In fact, it's the other way around.  The guy with the iPod couldn't get it.

iTunes, iPod, same paranoid bullshit.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I FUCKING HATE IPODs

// ]]>

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 32 queries.