Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I FUCKING HATE IPODs
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: I FUCKING HATE IPODs  (Read 45202 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: I FUCKING HATE IPODs
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2009, 11:53:19 PM »

Not surprised the iPhone doesn't bookmark, they don't care as long as you buy from iTunes.  Songs are four minutes, thats what they sell. 

You should be able to set up bookmarks: just right click on the media and click Get Info then the Options tab and the Remember Playback Position checkbox.

I am seriously considering upgrading my iPhone 3G to the 3GS. Not looking forward to having an unjailbroken phone though: http://thebigboss.org/2009/06/28/iphone-3gs-jailbreak-delayed/

Harry Tuttle might be interested in that. 

<< Not an iPhone guy. 

I'm kinda interested in the Samsung Mirage, but not enough to buy it. 

digitalfour

« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2009, 12:06:47 AM »

<< Not an iPhone guy.

I wasn't either. I hate Apple.

I was frustrated with the phone before I jailbroke and customized it.

I'm still ambivalent about getting the 3GS, because of that fact. I'm leaning towards it's better to be safe than sorry and get the in-the-future-jailbreakable phone now rather than wait and maybe miss out. What do you think?

rabidfurby

« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2009, 01:06:09 AM »

I'm waiting for a non-shitty Android phone to come down in price, and for the pricing models on data plans to not become insane. That's what I hate - I have no problem spending a couple hundred on a phone, but ~$100/month for a combined voice and data plan is ridiculous.

And, un-threadjack - I've owned 4 or 5 different models of Creative Zens, back to the original one that held 6GB and was the size of a CD player (people in my high school used to ask "where does it open?"). Current one is a 30gb Vision:M that's approaching 3 years old. I also have a 4GB Sansa Clip that I use at the gym and with the aux-in of my car stereo.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2009, 01:24:46 AM »

<< Not an iPhone guy.

I wasn't either. I hate Apple.

I was frustrated with the phone before I jailbroke and customized it.

I'm still ambivalent about getting the 3GS, because of that fact. I'm leaning towards it's better to be safe than sorry and get the in-the-future-jailbreakable phone now rather than wait and maybe miss out. What do you think?

not an iPhone guy

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2009, 08:38:12 PM »

I like my Creative Zen Vision:M, but it's getting outdated.  I haven't really been such a fan of the new Creative stuff, but the upcoming Zune HD looks sweet.  The problem now is that all the companies are obsessed with flash storage.  That's fine, but I won't buy anything under 30GB, which is right at the top of the flash-based player range right now.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2009, 09:07:30 PM »

Agreed. As much as I hated the original Zunes, the new ones are honestly better than even some Creative players as this time.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

upperdeck

• submit and obey
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2009, 01:10:41 PM »

I like my iPod classic cause it has a physical button that I can press without taking the thing out of my pocket.

Same here...Im using a 20 gig that I bought for my daughter 5 years ago...It has never had a malfunction. My only problem with it is that it is a tad bulky in my pocket.  Maybe my daughter will pass me the new one I bought her last year...its of slimmer design. 8)
Sometimes it just feels good to take a shit in the woods.

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2009, 03:25:17 AM »

I love my G1 Android phone.  yes, it has its quirks.  But at least I'm able to pretty much do anything I want with it and not be locked out by a company who thinks they know best.  Which, coincidently is why I have no Windows machines at home.  All have been switched to Linux for some years now.  I'm just waiting for iPhone developers to get sick of Apple's bullcrap and move to Android.

digitalfour

« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2009, 02:53:56 PM »

Is it possible to run Android on the iPhone hardware?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2009, 08:13:10 PM »

I think someone stole my mp3 player :cry:
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2009, 12:13:45 AM »

I was  going to let a coworker copy the audiobook I, Robot to his iPod because it is already on my work laptop. Unfortunately for him, I don't keep that pseudo-virus known as iTunes on any computer I own, and apparently* that's the only way to load content onto an iPod. What crap. I've got about half a dozen ways to put content onto my $80 16G MP3 player.

* I know nothing about ipods, but this dude does all kinds of stuff with him, so I expect him to know.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2009, 12:16:56 AM »

Itunes SUCKS IPODS SUCK

I avoid the glamorous Apple store in the local mall.

Period.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2009, 12:20:08 AM »

I know someone who paid $800 for an unlocked iPhone.  Around these parts, $800 will pay your rent on a nice one bedroom or a small two bedroom apartment.  WTF.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2009, 12:28:01 AM »

I forgot to mention. I got an upgrade for my birthday. I was using a 2Gb Insignia for the last 3 years:

The wife just gave me a 16Gb Philips GoGear Aria:

No my little one has a bunch of kid music on the old one, as well as some books on audio and a few videos I ripped from Youtube.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2009, 09:58:50 AM »

I want one of these...
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12519_7-10353176-49.html

The new archos internet tablet which outputs 720p video.Android ftw.

The only reason I use an ipod touch is because I won it on a website comp.Itunes is f'in retarded but I only use it as a podcatcher.

My f'in ipod touch doesnt even have a kick stand to watch video easily.

hdmi out,bitches.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:05:49 AM by Terror Australis »
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I FUCKING HATE IPODs

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.