Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I FUCKING HATE IPODs
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: I FUCKING HATE IPODs  (Read 44959 times)

BobRobertson

• View Profile
Re: I FUCKING HATE IPODs
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2009, 10:05:50 AM »

Dude, I just used foobar to convert the Audible files I have to .mp3s. Works fine.
Foobar, really? I'll have to look that one up. Thank you.

Well, that didn't work.

Foobar 2000 v0.9.6.8:

"Unable to open file for playback (Unsupported File Format)"

Any more suggestions, ah, "Dude"?
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2009, 10:26:25 AM »

works fine with me

since I use windows

which works
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2009, 02:54:32 PM »

works fine with me

since I use windows

which works

Since neither the Audible.com nor Foobar applications have Linux versions, so am I.

What is the Audible ".aa" file fornat reported as in Foobar? I tried most of the add-ons, but it still wasn't able to open the file. Maybe you have a plug-in that I haven't found yet.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2009, 07:03:51 PM »

I use a Sansa Fuze. I love it. My single complaint is that it's a dip shit proprietary connector. Every other device I own is mini USB.
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2009, 02:15:09 AM »

He's one of those people who think people who fling expletives because a product isn't designed the way they would design it is a fucking moron.

Nobody puts baby in the corner, right Ken?

--

I know you read it, Ken.  I know you read it all.  You're too smart to not read it. 

You'll not admit that which you know is the Achilles heel of iTunes structure. 

Money. 

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2009, 02:27:55 AM »

I'm the real Ken, and I say: don't ever blaspheme about Mac products. :lol:

Bill Brasky

« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2009, 02:55:18 AM »

I'm the real Ken, and I say: don't ever blaspheme about Mac products. :lol:

how about you shut the fuck up

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2009, 04:49:21 PM »

Dude, I just used foobar to convert the Audible files I have to .mp3s. Works fine.
Foobar, really? I'll have to look that one up. Thank you.

Well, that didn't work.

Foobar 2000 v0.9.6.8:

"Unable to open file for playback (Unsupported File Format)"

Any more suggestions, ah, "Dude"?

Rip it to cd then re-encode.  It should work.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2009, 04:54:23 PM »

BUT, there is such a thing as an instruction manual, and there are things such as support forums to help you out.  I mean really, is it THAT hard to work with? 

No, it really isn't that hard to work with. 

That doesn't mean I should be bothered fuckin' around with Apple's creative solution to moving a folder from one drive to another. 

Also, it didn't come with a manual, afaik.  If it did, she woulda been flapping it into my face telling me to read it.  I assumed it was a video tutorial in the player somewhere, or available in iTunes as a free download. 

That's what happens when you assume!  LOL  Seriously, there are manuals on the apple site.

What part of "getting it somewhere online from Apple in digital form" was I unclear on? 

Did it come with a paper booklet?  NO.

Could I have Googled "iPod Touch Users Manual" and gotten 2,953,456 results in 0.1 seconds, with the top result being Apple.com?    YES. 

I still haven't, and I won't.  Because its not my fucking device, and I don't plan on reading (torturing myself with) 100 pages of crap because iTunes SUCKS BALLS. 

That I can agree with you on.  It used to be a nice little music player for the mac before Apple bought it.  It really started sucking once apple bought it. I forgot the actual name of it, but it used to be a 3rd party app.  Now it;s just a slow, bloated and outdated piece of shit.  But what it does well is work well with the apple devices.  But it is slow as hell.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2009, 07:32:43 PM »

yes, it really exists and it is being sold at wal-mart.
about an inch or so thick.
Do yourself a favor.

Riddler

« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2009, 09:27:07 PM »

i've not anything to add (i'm stuck in the 80's, i'm afraid...got me a CD playa last week)
except that the above measurement just so happens to coincide w/ ''freetarians'' steroid-shrunken cock-nub
(hulk hogan said so)

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2009, 01:31:48 AM »

I just have teh Free Talk Live multigadget.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Bill Brasky

« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2009, 12:29:38 AM »

iPod + iTunes for dummies

yes, it really exists and it is being sold at wal-mart.

Christ. 

Icculi

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2009, 09:17:12 AM »

I guess I'm the one person who bought a Zune 120.  I love it though.  My only major complaint is that I have to convert my flac files to wma lossless for them to sync.  Other than that, it's pretty decent.  I just set it up to sync my whole library except for songs that have a low rating.  I use Media Monkey to manage tags and album art.   Pretty easy now that I have it all figured out.  I just have to stay on top of the tags when I rip/download them.  Otherwise, if I change them (even slightly) the Zune re-syncs them as a different album.  But, there's a hack that allows me to open the device as a hard drive, so I can just delete them when that happens rather than format the whole device.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »

I guess I'm the one person who bought a Zune 120.  I love it though.  My only major complaint is that I have to convert my flac files to wma lossless for them to sync.  Other than that, it's pretty decent.  I just set it up to sync my whole library except for songs that have a low rating.  I use Media Monkey to manage tags and album art.   Pretty easy now that I have it all figured out.  I just have to stay on top of the tags when I rip/download them.  Otherwise, if I change them (even slightly) the Zune re-syncs them as a different album.  But, there's a hack that allows me to open the device as a hard drive, so I can just delete them when that happens rather than format the whole device.

Well, I think that you are the only one that has one of those...  Is it any good?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I FUCKING HATE IPODs

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 46 queries.