Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I FUCKING HATE IPODs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: I FUCKING HATE IPODs  (Read 44983 times)

One two three

• View Profile
Re: I FUCKING HATE IPODs
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 04:06:53 AM »

My first mp3 player was a creative and it stopped working after a few months.  While my iPod had problems, it lasted about 4 times as long.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 04:37:16 AM »

I used to have a 60 GB Creative Zen until the headphone jack got busted somehow.

I still have it, I just don't use it. Now I play music off my (modded) PSP when I'm out or whatever.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 08:30:18 AM »

My first mp3 player was a creative and it stopped working after a few months.  While my iPod had problems, it lasted about 4 times as long.

I had a Creative, too. I think it was my first MP3 player as well. Yep--it quit on me after a short while.

Now, I've got a number of non-Apple players. But, I got my first Apple, a Shuffle, last Christmas, and have not used any other player for podcasts since. Except, that is, for my Touch, which I used for music and video. Both are great! The Touch will download podcasts from anywhere you can find a Wi-Fi signal. But, yes, restricted.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Zappa88

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 10:09:34 AM »

I loved my Creative Zen. Still ahve it in a drawer.

It's been replaced by an iPod touch, which I have no problems with myself.

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 12:17:07 PM »

I have the 160GB iPod classic, because I prefer the clickwheel interface and a genuine HD, not a glorified stick of RAM. They stopped making 'em that big because they had HD issues, a supplier I think, so I'm glad I got it. If it ever craps out, I'll put a 250GB drive in it. I did that with my old iPod (well, just 60GB at the time) and sold it. It worked great for music, I just wanted a color screen and the ability to play movies. I charge the battery like once every week and a half or 2. It has battery life like I wish my damned cell phone had. And I use it every day, in the car, at work, around the house (that's why my little South Park guy has earphones, I'm always wearing 'em). Love it.

Sounds like Brasky's problem was the monkey, not the machine. I mean, not exactly him, but the person who created the problems he was trying to fix. And there's all kinds of neat tricks for album art. I have a script that pulls them from the Amazon database, you just have to have your ID3 tags correct (which is probably why the albums were all split up, too. When you file share, you get jacked up tags with lots of spelling errors).

PS - Speaking of music, 311 is the worst fucking "band of musicians" in the entire universe. If I could, I'd banish those fucking tool bags to Saturn.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:22:21 PM by Dylboz »
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Bill Brasky

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 12:50:05 PM »

You obviously have no clue.

Yayyy, Kenny to the rescue. 

Hey dick, guess what?  I could've wiped clean (right-click), and reinstalled every fuckin file in my Sony in less than ten minutes. 

In iTunes, you'd never accomplish that.  Never.  Any device where I can freewheel like a drag-n-drop drive is infinitely superior. 

The whole purpose is so they can sell you their iShit at 99c a pop.  If that was M$ you'd be reaching deep to rip ass on their idiotic proprietary burdensome interface.  But NOOOO!  Its Apple!!!  Which makes it intelligent, by default.  Guess what, speedo.  No, it doesn't.  And the fools who fall for that crap need to check their head.  Something shouldn't be restrictive when it doesn't have to be.  It shouldn't take seven steps when one is sufficient.  So good luck with your self-imposed handicap, label-maven. 

Recycled quicktime shit. 

freetarian

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 02:05:39 PM »

You obviously have no clue.

Yayyy, Kenny to the rescue. 

Hey dick, guess what?  I could've wiped clean (right-click), and reinstalled every fuckin file in my Sony in less than ten minutes. 

In iTunes, you'd never accomplish that.  Never.  Any device where I can freewheel like a drag-n-drop drive is infinitely superior. 

The whole purpose is so they can sell you their iShit at 99c a pop.  If that was M$ you'd be reaching deep to rip ass on their idiotic proprietary burdensome interface.  But NOOOO!  Its Apple!!!  Which makes it intelligent, by default.  Guess what, speedo.  No, it doesn't.  And the fools who fall for that crap need to check their head.  Something shouldn't be restrictive when it doesn't have to be.  It shouldn't take seven steps when one is sufficient.  So good luck with your self-imposed handicap, label-maven. 

Recycled quicktime shit. 

I think you just had one bad experience with apple and should reconsider. I never in the entire 10 or 11 years using Apple, had one bad experience. I find Apple products not only easy to use, but rock solid in their customer service, OS and hardware. If Apple keeps doing what they are doing, I will never go back to windows.

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 02:14:01 PM »

apple is overrated and therefore overpriced.  You see, Apple pays its product designers to jerk eachother off, which is why they feel justified in charging you more $$$ for a similar product produced by a competitor.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 02:18:15 PM by Kunst »
Do yourself a favor.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 02:19:56 PM »

apple is overrated and therefore overpriced.  You see, Apple pays its product designers to jerk eachother off, which is why they feel justified in charging you more $$$ for a similar product produced by a competitor.

iPods aside, I would like to know why an Apple computer costs so much more than a PC.  And I don't want the "because they're better" answer.   :?
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 02:22:23 PM »

iPods aside, I would like to know why an Apple computer costs so much more than a PC.  And I don't want the "because they're better" answer.   :?

a sleek slender design.  also marketed as the trendy hip product.
Do yourself a favor.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 04:47:50 PM »

Because they're counting on people not having enough technical skill to put together a Hackintosh.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

freetarian

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 05:34:47 PM »

The reason I love Apple products is number one,  I never have any problems with them. Number 2, Apple makes everthing VERY easy to use. Number 3, anything I need to do with computers, Apple has the solution.

I have no problem paying a few $$$ extra for Apple products because I know my $$$ are being used in awesome research and development for future products. Apple is number one for many people for good reason.

rabidfurby

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 06:15:50 PM »

PCs are made from commodity hardware, so competition keeps prices low.

Apple has a monopoly on hardware that can run OS X (except for, as TimeLady mentioned, Hackintoshes, but 99%+ of Apple customers don't have the skills to build one, or the motivation to keep it updated without Apple killing it), so they can set prices however they want. Plus, the high price tag reinforces the image people have of it as a sophisticated, high-end piece of art. Apple makes a killing on hardware sales, and could easily lower their prices, but then they'd be seen as a "bargain" manufacturer, which goes against the entire brand they're trying to build.

Apple makes everthing VERY easy to use.

Yeah, it's important for things to be dumbed down if they're meant to be used by retards.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 06:22:54 PM »

Because they're counting on people not having enough technical skill to put together a Hackintosh.

That is a new term.  We used to call Apple knockoffs Crapples but I do think I like the term Hackintosh.  :lol:

An Apple is a status symbol that is why and it is made up of monopoly hardware.  It is the BMW of computers or at least it wants to be seen that way.  Many of the advantages which Apple had over PCs are slowly disappearing.  Now it's only major advantage is due to it being less popular than PC far fewer hackers attempt to make Apple viruses.  Which I find kind of stupid on the part of trojan developers.  Logically Apple users tend to be more affluent that means they are more worthwhile targets than some poor guy who throws together a couple of hundred bucks on a used PC.  Maybe they are banking on the PC user being more naive.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 06:58:40 PM »

The reason I love Apple products is number one,  I never have any problems with them. Number 2, Apple makes everthing VERY easy to use. Number 3, anything I need to do with computers, Apple has the solution.

I have no problem paying a few $$$ extra for Apple products because I know my $$$ are being used in awesome research and development for future products. Apple is number one for many people for good reason.

Telling Mac people their shit's fucked up is like telling a Trekkie a particular Star Trek movie sucked.  They just won't accept it, Apple never made a shitty product, software or hardware.  

I'd rather talk to an impartial Roger Ebert, not someone who starts drooling about all things Apple.  I'm willing to admit they've made some good products, but not all things are touched by the golden balls of a smiling god.

I'd have bought FOUR iPods this year if they had drag and drop.  They're shooting themselves in the foot.  Now I just outright refuse since I've found quality elsewhere.  Before I investigated other products, I figured - like many people - that iPod was the cream, and everything else was second rate.  Thats hardly the case.  

And its outright hilarious how Mac people will say Windows is shit because you have to tweak and dick around with it, then they'll turn around and proudly tell you how they had to tweak and dick with Mac stuff.  I've only had a handful of times over the last fifteen years where I had to do anything tougher than reboot.  Maybe ten years ago, when drivers were fickle.  But everything nowadays is plug-n-play, so that old masturbatory Mac clique needs to pull its head out of its ass, nobody cares unless you need real leet skillz and fuck around in the 32 a lot...  If thats the case, I could understand having some valid and intelligent criticisms of M$ - but you'd probably be running open source.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I FUCKING HATE IPODs

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.