Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I'm not a porcupine anymore
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm not a porcupine anymore  (Read 60960 times)

blackie

Re: I'm not a porcupine anymore
« Reply #270 on: July 16, 2009, 05:58:04 PM »

You honestly believe a lack of firearm regulations and registry is more importanrt than the freedom to conduct business?  I feel the need to remind you, business is where you buy the guns.
There are firearm regulations, and there are restrictions on the type of business you can conduct. When I compare places that may be better for me to live, I look at the things that affect me. NH gun laws are decent. I don't go to strip clubs or bars, or even drink, so the regulation on those things don't really affect me. I don't have anything against strip clubs or bars, and think NH is silly about some of that stuff.

You should be free to open a business of your choice, and operate within the guidelines.
How it should be, and how it is are two different things. That is why you have to make trade offs.

If there were three licensed gun dealers in NH, you'd have a very different opinion.
I'm not sure that would bother me, as long as I can buy the types of guns I want. I think I have only been to three gun shop in NH. If NH had the same restrictions on guns that MA has, that would be a problem for me.

Picking and choosing what's a concern based on your opinion of what they sell is not cool.  Consistancy is important.
I don't know. It's not based on my opinion of what they sell, it based on the fact that I am not a consumer of what they sell. Just like fatcat doesn't really care about the homeschool laws in Zug because it's not something that affects him, strip clubs aren't a big issue for me because I don't frequent them. When I investigate places to live, I look at the issues that affect me. Homeschooling is a bigger issue than guns for me.

That doesn't mean I think strip clubs should be restricted. You have to make some trade-offs some where, so I choose to do it on issues that don't really affect me. If I still drank, the state run liquor stores would piss me off. But I don't, so I don't really care about it.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 16, 2009, 06:11:27 PM »

Technically I moved to NH for 4 days. Does that count?

Did you sign up as a resident and register to vote?
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

blackie

« Reply #272 on: July 16, 2009, 06:14:17 PM »

There is no such thing as signing up as a resident.

BonerJoe

« Reply #273 on: July 16, 2009, 06:38:28 PM »

Keith, why are you trying to provoke me into committing fraud? Isn't this against FSP bylaws?

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 16, 2009, 07:09:51 PM »

There is no such thing as signing up as a resident.

I did it when I moved to NH.  You go to the town hall and sign up as a resident.  It's free and fun!  It allowed me to get a recreation card and beach sticker.  The form the town gives you also counts as one form of i.d. at the DMV.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 16, 2009, 07:11:36 PM »

Keith, why are you trying to provoke me into committing fraud? Isn't this against FSP bylaws?

I'm trying to say that if you didn't sign up as a resident or voter, were you really one?  Did you get a DL or plate for your car?  Did you get a resident carry permit?  Did you get a local library card?  A local hunting license?  If you didn't do any of these things, why did you say you moved to NH for four days?

BonerJoe

« Reply #276 on: July 16, 2009, 07:41:19 PM »

I'm trying to say that if you didn't sign up as a resident or voter, were you really one?  Did you get a DL or plate for your car?  Did you get a resident carry permit?  Did you get a local library card?  A local hunting license?  If you didn't do any of these things, why did you say you moved to NH for four days?

Are you that dense to not realize what I said about moving for 4 days was a joke?

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 16, 2009, 07:48:55 PM »

The FSP doesn't have bylaws.

BonerJoe

Riddler

« Reply #279 on: July 16, 2009, 07:51:53 PM »

I don't see how calling seasteading a "sad parody" of a "horrible movie" is an effective argument.

Might governments intervene with a seastead? Possibly. Is it a hell of a lot less likely than the US government intervening in New Hampshire? yup.

yes....james bond movies have already proven it.
plus, if you didn't manage to get wiped out in the 1st 6 mos. by a typhoon, hurricane, tidal wave, you'd go completely mad w/in a year.
and kill/be killed by other equally insane people...
plus, you'd get scurvy

blackie

« Reply #280 on: July 16, 2009, 08:30:40 PM »

I did it when I moved to NH.  You go to the town hall and sign up as a resident.  It's free and fun!  It allowed me to get a recreation card and beach sticker.  The form the town gives you also counts as one form of i.d. at the DMV.
That is a resident of the town, not the state of NH. People who own property in the town, but are residents of another state can also do that.

blackie

« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2009, 08:31:57 PM »

Did Jason Sorens do any of that stuff?

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 16, 2009, 08:33:12 PM »

So did BJ or didn't BJ, the world wants to know!

BonerJoe

« Reply #283 on: July 16, 2009, 09:03:08 PM »

So did BJ or didn't BJ, the world wants to know!

Huh?

Riddler

« Reply #284 on: July 16, 2009, 09:47:56 PM »

Did Jason Sorens do any of that stuff?

don't know about any of it, blacko, but your avatar is highly annoying
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I'm not a porcupine anymore

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.