Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I'm not a porcupine anymore
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm not a porcupine anymore  (Read 60938 times)

blackie

Re: I'm not a porcupine anymore
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2009, 10:02:51 PM »

Either way I would like the FAP Organization to go away (this is the feeling of many signers, btw.) and it will once we reach 20,000 signers. It might stick around for a while to expedite movers, but at least we can then ignore them.

The only thing the FAP does any more is the Liberty Forum and Porc Fest. They won't give that up once the goal of 20,000 signers is reached.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2009, 10:09:12 PM »

I guess I didn't understand your complaints. You should state them clearly. No rational being can deny that the FSP failed to reach the 2006 deadline, but they chose to continue the way they chose to continue. What can be done? The organization that is the FSP is disorganized and weird, but the idea is working.

The FSP is a failure, it is just far less of a failure than everything else tried thus far.

Also, people don't like being corrected by an outsider. I would encourage you to sign, move and fix the problems.

Bullshit.  It is only a failure when you give up.  Since so many of us are still moving forward with this project and so many more are continually joining us then it is far from a failure. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Hideaki769

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2009, 10:14:58 PM »

Its the goals that have been the failure. Until the project goes away no it's not a complete failure. It just hasn't been doing well.  If unemployment rates and inflation keeps increasing I think FSP's advertising might be more effective. They just need some better commercials. Most commercials I hear on ftl or else where that are liberty based are really shitty in terms of quality, creativity, and information. But it mostly targets libertarians anyway.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2009, 10:37:25 PM »

the goals were unrealistic but what would you expect.  It isn't like this is something that has been tried anywhere before.  How were they to know what would have been realistic goals to set for a effort like this? 

I agree.  They need better commercials.  Something with sound effects and cool music. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2009, 10:42:16 PM »

Is there any way to put "I'm not in the mood for this Thread" on that sign?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 10:47:02 PM by Rebel »

Hideaki769

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2009, 11:06:20 PM »

the goals were unrealistic but what would you expect.  It isn't like this is something that has been tried anywhere before.  How were they to know what would have been realistic goals to set for a effort like this? 

I agree.  They need better commercials.  Something with sound effects and cool music. 

Of course it was unrealistic but own up to it and change goals. Change to something more reasonable since obviously it's not working out so well atm. Avoid false advertising.

blackie

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2009, 11:11:43 PM »

FSP members before 2004 didn't think the goal was unrealistic.

http://www.freestateproject.org/news/releases/1000members.php
The membership numbers over the past year indicate that the project will meet its self-imposed deadline of September 2006 for the beginning of the move. The Free State Project has grown on average 25% each month; at this rate, the ultimate goal of 20,000 will be reached by the middle of 2003. As long as the membership continues to grow by at least 10% each month, the Project will reach its goal by early 2005 at the latest.

They expected exponential growth. The snowball wasn't supposed to stop at 20,000.

That is why the FSP failed. There is no snowball.

Hideaki769

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2009, 11:47:46 PM »

Paint... srsly i hate that pic cuz i've seen it too many times now. try somethin new

JWI

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2009, 12:00:01 AM »

JWI

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2009, 12:01:02 AM »

Paint... srsly i hate that pic cuz i've seen it too many times now. try somethin new

I don't remember receiving payment in return for entertaining you with pictures.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2009, 12:03:11 AM »

I didnt read this whole thread, but what I think the FSP needs to hope that the membership numbers will increase exponentially as people join. The more people that join, the more other people they will each convince to join.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

JWI

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2009, 12:05:50 AM »

I didnt read this whole thread, but what I think the FSP needs to hope that the membership numbers will increase exponentially as people join. The more people that join, the more other people they will each convince to join.

Just joining the FSP through a signup on the interweb might look like a "victory" number-wise, but all it is is just a list of people who signed something on the interweb.

I'd still like to know the number of "participants" who no longer have any intention of moving to NH.

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2009, 12:15:21 AM »

The FSP should declare "the pledge" over. Eliminate the counters and focus on events and encouraging people to move to NH to plug into the activist networks that already exist.

SO MANY movers have not even signed the FSP pledge. It's a losing battle to call people and ask them to sign a stupid online form. These people here and they're activists. That's the important part.

JWI

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2009, 12:20:01 AM »

The FSP should declare "the pledge" over. Eliminate the counters and focus on events and encouraging people to move to NH to plug into the activist networks that already exist.

SO MANY movers have not even signed the FSP pledge. It's a losing battle to call people and ask them to sign a stupid online form. These people here and they're activists. That's the important part.

Well the pledge is somewhat of a joke now.  I know at least 5 people who, for a goof, signed up under false names (some multiple times) just to watch the counter go up.  They have no interest in moving to NH and from what I can tell don't believe in this thing called liberty unless Obama is talking about it.

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2009, 12:28:18 AM »

Well the pledge is somewhat of a joke now. 

Somewhat?

It's at least 38% a joke at this point. 20,000 people is not a lot to get to sign an online form in 8 years. If the counter is still around when it rolls to 10,000; I can't imagine the hoopla that will ensue over "reaching the halfway point"

Again, this isn't to say people aren't moving. They are. The freekeene forums has ballooned with new local activists and I was around when 8 people was a big Social Sunday, and nobody but Ian would do anything. Now we're at 35ish and have the Mike Barskey's taking the reigns with things like FreeKeene Fest and turning into far far more than it was before.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I'm not a porcupine anymore

// ]]>

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 32 queries.