Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I'm not a porcupine anymore
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm not a porcupine anymore  (Read 60932 times)

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
I'm not a porcupine anymore
« on: July 02, 2009, 02:33:21 PM »

:(

Ohhh well....

My wife and I were going to move to NH but we're leaning more towards Colorado now. We didn't pledge to move before 2012 though so there's still time to figure it out.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not a porcupine anymore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »

Hey, at least Colorado has jobs.  8)
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

fase2000tdi

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 03:38:31 PM »

Enjoy going to  FEMA camp alone asshole.

blackie

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 05:07:28 PM »

You can't quit.

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 07:08:05 PM »

Enjoy going to  FEMA camp alone asshole.

If I'm going to a FEMA camp I don't really care if I go alone or not.

fatcat

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 07:35:15 PM »

Its not like your missing much.

If living in New Hampshire coincides with your other plans, then I would recommend being engaged in the NH liberty movement, however the idea that NH is somehow some holy grail of freedom (liberty in our lifetimes LOL), or even some last bastion of American liberty is a joke, and entirely out of touch with the facts on the ground.

Its been nearly 10 years since foundation, and only 720 people have actually moved, hundreds who were already living in NH at the time. The deadline to get 20,000 sign ups by 2006 failed, the deadline to get the first 1000 by end of 2008 failed.

The fact that only 300 or so libertarians in New Hampshire (0.02%) actually signed up for the FSP tells you all you need to know about the raging hard-on voluntaryists and their grandiose grand standing.

The whole idea was to get such a concentration of libertarians that they could actually make a meaningful change. Now NH libbers are still carrying the whole mantra that the FSP is OH SO IMPORTANT, when the whole dynamic has changed.

It failed, get over it.

Now there can still be an NH liberty movement, but the aims need to scale to the reality. You're looking at maybe 500 people a year (at the most optimistic), or even less, given that a large percentage of FSP sign ups are likely to be unfulfilled.

This is not Liberty in your lifetime, its a bunch of libertarians together, trying shit and not getting very far, just like there are all over the country, all over the world, so give up the fucking hero complex.

The best you can hope for is to re-arrange the deckchairs (i.e. aim for weed decrim or some other fringe liberty), while the Fed goes to town on your liberties, or move country.

wait.....

THEY STOPPED THE SEATBELT BILL!!!!!!!

in short : ignore the faggots who are going to act like you're shitting on the world because you won't join their happy fun club.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 07:43:21 PM by fatcat »

JWI

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 07:40:05 PM »

Hideaki769

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 07:41:16 PM »

JWI

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 07:45:06 PM »

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 08:03:04 PM »

That's weird, I agree with fatcat.

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »

[...]

Well I do think it's important to be around like minded people, and it would be cool to have that many activists around to help defend me if I get arrested, it's just not practical for me. I'm NOT disillusioned with the FSP (I never thought they would get to 20,000 or free NH anyway) it just isn't practical for me. If my situation changes, I'd still like to move there.

Hideaki769

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 08:07:44 PM »

That's weird, I agree with fatcat.

Thats cuz he's right.

kalmia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 08:23:12 PM »

Its not like your missing much.

If living in New Hampshire coincides with your other plans, then I would recommend being engaged in the NH liberty movement, however the idea that NH is somehow some holy grail of freedom (liberty in our lifetimes LOL), or even some last bastion of American liberty is a joke, and entirely out of touch with the facts on the ground.

Its been nearly 10 years since foundation, and only 720 people have actually moved, hundreds who were already living in NH at the time. The deadline to get 20,000 sign ups by 2006 failed, the deadline to get the first 1000 by end of 2008 failed.

The fact that only 300 or so libertarians in New Hampshire (0.02%) actually signed up for the FSP tells you all you need to know about the raging hard-on voluntaryists and their grandiose grand standing.

The whole idea was to get such a concentration of libertarians that they could actually make a meaningful change. Now NH libbers are still carrying the whole mantra that the FSP is OH SO IMPORTANT, when the whole dynamic has changed.

It failed, get over it.

Now there can still be an NH liberty movement, but the aims need to scale to the reality. You're looking at maybe 500 people a year (at the most optimistic), or even less, given that a large percentage of FSP sign ups are likely to be unfulfilled.

This is not Liberty in your lifetime, its a bunch of libertarians together, trying shit and not getting very far, just like there are all over the country, all over the world, so give up the fucking hero complex.

The best you can hope for is to re-arrange the deckchairs (i.e. aim for weed decrim or some other fringe liberty), while the Fed goes to town on your liberties, or move country.

wait.....

THEY STOPPED THE SEATBELT BILL!!!!!!!

in short : ignore the faggots who are going to act like you're shitting on the world because you won't join their happy fun club.

So what are you doing?  Or do you not really care that much to do anything?

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 08:26:12 PM »

I guess I sort of agree with Fatcat. If someone tries to give you crap about when you are moving, ignore it. I would hope that no one would. I think the first step for the FSP (getting to 20,000 signers) is not yet met. That is the important part. Thank you for signing and and take solace in the fact that Colorado was ranked very close to NH on the Mercatus Ctrs rankers.

The rest of Fatcat's rant sounds like the same crappy attitude that I am so glad to have gotten away from in Florida. Sure, it will take a while to have huge success here in NH, but we can show real victories. If you don't want to see them, that is your option. May your chains rest lightly. If you want to be in a place where there seems to be a better chance that the government might shrink instead of grow, NH is that place.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

JWI

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 08:27:28 PM »

So what are you doing?  Or do you not really care that much to do anything?

I'm making signs with which I will protest some government intrusion.  I will take video of said protest and post it to Youtube.  I will then brag to all my like minded friends how eventually my signs will bring the state to it's knees.

I will then hold an elaborate camp out.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 08:30:56 PM by Nannerpuss »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I'm not a porcupine anymore

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.