Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  How to take down drones
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How to take down drones  (Read 3794 times)

tsaylor

• View Profile
How to take down drones
« on: January 25, 2010, 06:09:25 PM »

Ian and Mark were looking for ways that could take down a video drone that couldn't harm other people (like a missed bullet coming back down).  Here's my idea. 

I've heard anecdotes about military communication equipment that uses very strong directional microwaves, so strong that they can kill any bird that flies through the signal.  Something like that might generate enough heat to melt the circuitry, leaving it to glide back down to earth.  It could still it things on its descent though, so it's not perfect.  Anyone else have any ideas?

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: How to take down drones
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 06:23:50 PM »

Yeah, go turn yourself in now.  It'll be easier, they probably won't torture you...too much.

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 06:26:55 PM »

Ian and Mark were looking for ways that could take down a video drone that couldn't harm other people (like a missed bullet coming back down).  Here's my idea. 

I've heard anecdotes about military communication equipment that uses very strong directional microwaves, so strong that they can kill any bird that flies through the signal.  Something like that might generate enough heat to melt the circuitry, leaving it to glide back down to earth.  It could still it things on its descent though, so it's not perfect.  Anyone else have any ideas?

How high do they fly?

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 06:29:50 PM »

Anyone else have any ideas?

Yes.

Talking about things that will catch you some shit is a bad idea. That's my idea.

Rule number one is...
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 06:35:53 PM »

Anyone else have any ideas?

Yes.

Talking about things that will catch you some shit is a bad idea. That's my idea.

Rule number one is...

Talking about how to take down drones that the government of another country flies is a bad idea? You know we have people here that (jokingly) talk about killing government people right? They don't seem to have been black bagged and probed yet. I think we're ok to talk about how to theoretically bring down spy drones that a country 10,000 miles away use against their citizens.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 06:43:19 PM »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 06:46:42 PM »

Talking about how to take down drones that the government of another country flies is a bad idea? You know we have people here that (jokingly) talk about killing government people right? They don't seem to have been black bagged and probed yet. I think we're ok to talk about how to theoretically bring down spy drones that a country 10,000 miles away use against their citizens.

Did I say "I ORDER YOU NOT TO DISCUSS THIS!!!"

No. Talk about whatever you want. I was trying to be diplomatic toward the new user, rather than yelling "FED!" at them.

Maybe I should hint harder.

HINT - Don't ask questions like this to freedom lovers when you have 13 posts or people will think you are a fed.

Okay?
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 06:49:25 PM »

Did I say "I ORDER YOU NOT TO DISCUSS THIS!!!"

No. Talk about whatever you want. I was trying to be diplomatic toward the new user, rather than yelling "FED!" at them.

Maybe I should hint harder.

HINT - Don't ask questions like this to freedom lovers when you have 13 posts or people will think you are a fed.

Okay?

OH SHI-

FED!

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 04:13:07 PM »

Ha, I didn't think I might look like a spy.  To alleviate your concerns I can present my registration date:

Name:     tsaylor
Position:    
Date Registered:    November 18, 2005, 11:25:12 AM

I'm just not much of a forums user.  You can search my username and see some old posts. 

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »

Ha, I didn't think I might look like a spy.  To alleviate your concerns I can present my registration date:

Position:    

I'm just not much of a forums user.  You can search my username and see some old posts. 

Whatever you say 'sleeper spook'. 

AOD_Horseman

• Yours Truly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 10:23:04 PM »

Possession of knowledge isn't a crime, but utilizing it can be. Of course, distributing and discussing it can likely be considered probable cause (what couldn't these days, though?), leading to a world of shit coming one's way.

That said, I'd like to learn what I can about nearly anything. Please, continue. For the sake of learning.
Bushi no ichi-gon

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 10:29:25 PM »

Have you ever heard of a single person arrested for asking for info online?

You say its a bad idea, but I think we should talk about it all the time everywhere. That way, the abundance of false positives will confuse whomever is doing the watching.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

blackie

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 10:31:40 PM »

What kind of "video drones" are we talking about?

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 10:34:24 PM »

What kind of "video drones" are we talking about?
I almost misread that as "Videodromes"....

Anyways, I don't think there are anyways to take down a drone that wouldn't risk it crashing and burning into someone's home, person, or vehicle.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 10:41:06 PM »

Position:    

That tells us nothing.

Have you ever heard of a single person arrested for asking for info online?

I have personally been sat down with a cop for asking for info online.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  How to take down drones

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.