Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  How can we help others when we can't help ourselves?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can we help others when we can't help ourselves?  (Read 2988 times)

kat0nine

How can we help others when we can't help ourselves?
« on: January 13, 2011, 07:54:43 PM »

So I'm crazy. I suffer from chronic mental illness that prevents me from being involved with the world. I'm happy and healthy but my has been scaled down to family and a few people who some how managed to bypass my communication barriers. I'm happy with my lifetime boyfriend I wear my $3 titanium "wedding" band on my middle finger =).

So that's my little life, however I spend a lot of my time reading alternative news sites. That shit is getting crazy. I feel like my freedom is being sucked from me and I really want to fight to keep it. I was hoping some one might have suggestions on how I could help. It's very hard for me to communicate and something simple like posting in this forum took me six months to get the courage to do. I think that illustrates my position a bit. If this goes well I might not be afraid to post again because the internet is murky pool to dip my toe in.

I had one tiny idea. I've come to the conclusion that all wallets contain the owners life time collection of business cards from the 20 wallets I've rifled through honestly, and the 12 just sneaking (I like drawers too). Print a billion business cards for 50 cents online ($5 per 1000 or something) and pass them around individually. Keep two or three and your wallet and when you find yourself in a conversation about relevant topics hand it to that one person without pitching it just have the website info, less is more.

The angry line at the Admiral counter the day the taxes kicked in and we paid $8 dollars a pack for the first time (it went back down later so we were happy paying 7 ((when we were paying 5 (((Yep double parenthesis)))))).

The old Scottish guy who was pissed that he had to ID me when the new card every time (they say now if they card you 5 times you're ok) rambled on for quite a while.

You could stand at the gas pump and wait to hear some one bitch if you wanted. We can always harass our family and friends but I'd rather advertise my cause by giving one card to one person who is currently upset (and thus more susceptible to our extremist propaganda lol sorry) It's like saying yeah that sucks, here's what you can do about it.

Any way, thanks for reading.  I imagine it helps that I'm a girl and not fat (no boobs though sorry) so I wont get picked on.

ok bye.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: How can we help others when we can't help ourselves?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 08:06:51 PM »

I love how you handled that.

"Yeah, so I'm officially crazy, but moving on..."

kat0nine

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 08:09:45 PM »

Story of my life dude. =) "life is just a ride" (-Bill Hicks) some of ours just have loops and drunk maintenance technicians.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 08:28:30 PM »

could it be you think too much?

kat0nine

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 08:45:07 PM »

I won't open a discussion on my illness in this forum. There are some people crazy like in the movies.
I'd just like to know if there are ways to help out just from the internet or should I give up buy a gun and hope you all sort it out for me. Online activism if you will.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 08:53:58 PM »

you're cool - variety is the spice of life!

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »

I like the idea of the business cards.  How effective they are will depend on where they direct people, of course.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 10:33:31 PM »

Just keep posting for now.

Someone may end up changing the way they think about things as a result of some comment you may make. Also could be that this bit of interaction opens you up to socializing a little more.. you might even make a friend or two :)
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 10:42:16 PM »

I think I'm in love.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 10:30:04 AM »

I miss your pic - boyfriend make you take it down?

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 12:59:58 PM »

I love how you handled that.

"Yeah, so I'm officially crazy, but moving on..."

Agreed. That was awesome.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

kat0nine

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 08:57:12 PM »

It's nerve wracking to talk on here. It's nerve wracking to walk to the mailbox though so eh.

I'd really like ideas about internet activism., but I don't know if that's even a thing.

So let me bounce some other shit off you.

I want to carry around a post-it note book and share my observations as I see fit. I would die if I got caught but sometimes I see something that I really have something to say about. Currently I like to shove good coupons under their corresponding product in the grocery store, so some one who is already buying it gets two dollars off. I do some weird shit to balance or protest other shit. I let my water run while I brush my teeth because every time I  brush my teeth I get the "don't waste water!" song stuck in my head. Just because water is a resource worth reserving doesn't make me any less pissed about all the liberal teacher bullshit I've been fed over the years.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/deadliest-book-report-in-history-4th-grade/

I drive without car insurance and evade taxes. I'd speed if I wanted to but I wish the speed limit was 25mph everywhere.

I made than census woman insane, she started asking my neighbors about me. The old man next door, Christian, republican came to me and said "These people came to my house and I want you to know I didn't have anything to tell them." I like my neighbor hes a good old fashion man.

Anyway, are there any more laws I could be breaking in my normal everyday life so I feel more like I'm fighting back? (other than sodomy smart asses)

Also I restore pianos with my dad and we just got a black grand in that had an axe taken to it. He told me he got it from a school and I was a little alarmed before he told me it was Detroit public schools then I just said "Oh yeah that makes sense." Hard to repair axe woulds in wood by the way, and don't join band in Detroit.

-ok bye again
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  How can we help others when we can't help ourselves?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.