Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Homosexuality
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Homosexuality  (Read 36019 times)

LordMarius

• The only Norwegian freemarketeer
    • View Profile
Re: Homosexuality
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2009, 08:01:52 PM »

Show me the Gay Gene.  If you can't show it to me, then your claims that people are "Born Gay" are ridiculous.

Here's the Gay Gene:

Bishop Gene Robinson is as gay as they get.

On a serious note, there's been done plenty of studies, including twin studies, that show that it is very likely that some people are born gay, while others develop the gay at some point in their life. 

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2009, 10:54:42 AM »

Recent research strongly suggests that homosexuality in both males and females may be due to how much testosterone the developing fetus receives in the womb.

In any case, many inherent  likes and dislikes have nothing to do with "genes." Some things result from the actions of a combination of genes.

Can you show me the gene that makes me prefer redheads to blonds?

"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2009, 02:51:35 PM »

A-I-D-S
(unless you're a lesbo)
men sticking their cocks into another man's asshole is one of the leading causes of the aids epidemic.

No, actually I hear that HIV is one of the leading causes of the AIDS epidemic.  You see, scientists have discovered that it's not actually the act of sticking a cock in someone's ass that is the origin of the disease.  My boyfriend could fuck me in the ass for the next twenty years without either of us getting AIDS.  Wow!  And hey, that reminds me-- gay men aren't the only people who have anal sex!  And lots of gay men don't  have anal sex!  And you know, there are tests to find out whether you have it or not, and condoms to protect you just in case!  Crazy!

LordMarius

• The only Norwegian freemarketeer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2009, 02:55:17 PM »

A-I-D-S
(unless you're a lesbo)
men sticking their cocks into another man's asshole is one of the leading causes of the aids epidemic.
please don't spout some bullshit ,cover-up factoids perpetrated by ''act up'', or some such fag organization, in a weak-dicked attempt at dispersing the blame to all mankind....

Wow, so HIV spreads magically to straight people when gays fuck each others butts?

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2009, 03:10:51 PM »

Show me the Gay Gene.  If you can't show it to me, then your claims that people are "Born Gay" are ridiculous.

False. There's strong evidence to support that sexuality is determined by hormones in the womb.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_hormones_and_sexual_orientation
FALSE?  You haven't shown any conclusive evidence either!

I don't know why everyone is so quick to say that people are BORN GAY when there is NO conclusive evidence out there.  It's like they're ashamed that people are gay and need to come up with an excuse to let them off the hook for it.  It seems to me that the attitude from the "born gay" crowd is "Oh its not his fault, he was born gay".
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

blackie

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2009, 03:14:02 PM »

One day science will be able to cure gay people.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2009, 03:18:54 PM »

I don't know why everyone is so quick to say that people are BORN GAY when there is NO conclusive evidence out there.  It's like they're ashamed that people are gay and need to come up with an excuse to let them off the hook for it.  It seems to me that the attitude from the "born gay" crowd is "Oh its not his fault, he was born gay".

I think people are "born gay" in that they don't choose to be attracted to people of the same sex, often see behavioral differences between themselves and other children before puberty, and that this is probably due to a genetic or hormonal difference, or other biological aspect beyond their control.   Why do I think this?  From talking to gay people. 

I don't know any gay people who think that being gay is wrong, so it's not a matter of "fault" for them.  It's a matter of "fault" for people who do  think it's wrong, and keep yelling about how homosexuality is a choice in order to feel justified in blaming gays for it.   Because if it weren't a choice, how could they?

Please watch this; you might find it informative:

[youtube=425,350]0GPkWORrBcs[/youtube]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 03:24:17 PM by Rillion »

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2009, 04:06:25 AM »

Show me the conclusive evidence that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that individuals are "born gay".  There's no genetic evidence for it.  It's an extraordinary claim and the people who make it have the burden of proof.  And so far they have nothing except poor unscientific conjecture to back up the extraordinary claim with.

As I said before, I'll rescind my skepticism with scientific facts, but until then I'll stand by my philosophy of free will.
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2009, 06:50:08 AM »

False. There's strong evidence to support that sexuality is determined by hormones in the womb.

Good point, whether or not being gay is natural or a choice, there is nothing immoral about it and it is not a violation of rights, and so should not be prohibited.

therealritasue

• Fnord is the color only blind people can see.
    • View Profile
    • My dA.
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2009, 06:58:29 AM »

Don't be a goddamn dick. Read what I wrote. All I said is that it's not ridiculous to claim that people are born gay solely on the fact that there isn't a "gay gene". If sexuality is determined by hormones in the womb, then it would be false to say that people are not born gay because they haven't found a gay gene.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 07:02:36 AM by therealritasue »
Bubbe made a kishke, she made it big and fat, My Zaydeh took one look at it and said "I can't eat that!', Oh Bubbe, Bubbe, Bubbe, Oh Bubbe me oh myyyyyyyy..

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2009, 02:44:11 PM »

What difference does it make if its nature or nurture?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2009, 03:31:13 PM »

Everything if you think it's wrong.  Nothing if you don't. 

rabidfurby

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2009, 04:06:02 PM »

It's more difficult to defend putting gays to death if it's something that's decided in the womb.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2009, 05:13:46 PM »

Everything if you think it's wrong.  Nothing if you don't. 
Well I'm not a fan of it but I certainly don't think homosexuals should be condemned or punished by anyong for their strange choices.  But I think you've revealed why the "born gay" folks are pushing this "born gay" stuff without any scientific backing.  They think that by convincing everyone something (despite the huge vacuum of scientific fact necessary to back up their extraordinary claims) that it will make the "gay lifestyle" more acceptable.  But the idea that there is a "gay lifestyle" in the first place just further cements the default idea that homosexuality is a choice!

Look, gays should be allowed to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.  But stop kidding yourself that they aren't making a choice.  If you want to fight for gay rights, that's fine, I'm not going to get in your way with that.  But don't commit academic dishonesty by promoting an extraordinary claim that has no basis in scientific fact.

There is still little to no evidence supporting the idea that folks are "born gay".  And it is dishonest to repeatedly claim that they are with zero science backing that idea up.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2009, 05:45:08 PM »

But I think you've revealed why the "born gay" folks are pushing this "born gay" stuff without any scientific backing.  They think that by convincing everyone something (despite the huge vacuum of scientific fact necessary to back up their extraordinary claims) that it will make the "gay lifestyle" more acceptable.

I actually think that gay people insist that it's not a choice because they honestly believe it's not.  And non-gay people insist it's not a choice because they've actually listened to gay people. 

But the idea that there is a "gay lifestyle" in the first place just further cements the default idea that homosexuality is a choice!

People who are mentally retarded tend to have a certain kind of lifestyle, too.  Does that mean that being retarded is a choice?  I'm not following why the idea that being a certain way would lend itself to living a certain lifestyle should make it more likely to be a choice. 

Look, gays should be allowed to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.  But stop kidding yourself that they aren't making a choice

When you can choose to cheerfully, enthusiastically, and repeatedly put another guy's cock in your mouth and bring him to orgasm, give me a call about what is a choice and what isn't. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Homosexuality

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 32 queries.