Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Homosexuality
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homosexuality  (Read 36111 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: Homosexuality
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2009, 05:01:05 AM »

12 is a pretty low number.

Yet it is infinitely larger than zero.

The burden of proof is now on you kiddo.

Kiddo? 

Prove what? 
That the Torah is true because 0 real people saw it with their own eyes?
Or that the Book of Mormon is true because 12 people did?

I'm not out to prove either.  I'm just saying if the former is true than surely you'll accept the infinitely superior merit of the latter.  Now give me your coffee maker.
Look.  You have to take the Torah for what it is.  A history written by Jews throughout the centuries that somewhat accurately chronicalizes the history of the Jewish People.  I don't believe that Moses literally parted the Red Sea.  But I do believe that a person similar, if not named the same, as Moses led the Hebrews from slavery in Egypt into freedom in Israel and history backs me up.  Other civilizations have documented a massive migration from Egypt to Israel during the same time period.  Historical fact.  Did Moses part the Red Sea?  Probably not exactly how the Torah says, but a "Moses" did lead a massive slave revolt/migration to Israel.  Same goes for most of the rest of the Torah.  You have to take it for what it is: a somewhat accurate historical account with some embellishments of the Hebrew people.

That's the way I see it and nobody is going to convince me (yeah I'm close minded because I'm not a rabid atheist or a Chassidic Jew) otherwise.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ghost of Alex Libman

« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2009, 09:11:38 AM »

This thread has gone far enough.  The following needs to be said:

• (1)  Demosthenes is an idiot.

• (3)  There's a better way to encourage people to pull their demographic weight, see my "Childless Tax" thread.

• (4)  With the natalist problem out of the way, homosexuality need not be taboo any longer.

• (5)  "Homosexual" describes an act, not a person.  No healthy adult is 100% one way or the other.

• (7)  Gay sex is better when you're young, and that's also when it makes the most economic sense: boys are hornier than girls, and both genders benefit from sexual experimentation that doesn't carry the risk of pregnancy.  If you don't have a gay experience when you're 15, you may be missing out.  If you're still exclusively gay by the time you're 30, you're definitely missing out - get over your irrational predispositions and go try something new!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:22:43 AM by the ghost of Alex Libman »

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2009, 09:48:36 AM »

How can you prove evolution? I will not accept any scientific works.

Of course, it's not quite the same, is it. Science is backed by reasoned evidence, whereas the Bible is simply blank assertions.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2009, 11:59:26 AM »

I'd like to know, in as brief a response as possible, why it matters if someone is gay?

"My invisible friend says it's bad."

6 words. Beat that.

"Should I hit on them?" 

5 words. 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2009, 12:45:16 PM »

Alex Libman experimented with homosexuality at the age of 15
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2009, 02:25:06 PM »

Kiddo? 

Prove what? 
That the Torah is true because 0 real people saw it with their own eyes?
Or that the Book of Mormon is true because 12 people did?

I'm not out to prove either.  I'm just saying if the former is true than surely you'll accept the infinitely superior merit of the latter.  Now give me your coffee maker.

Don't knock being called kiddo. Its a lot better then toots, as far as archiac phrases go.

You said that zero saw the giving of the Torah. The one who makes a claim has the burden of proof on him. You made that claim. Whats your proof? You then made an assertion. That is not a proof.

600,000>12 Ill hold onto my coffee maker.

Name one of whom there is independent evidence that they actually existed.  Then show the independent evidence that they witnessed the Torah come at Mr. Sinai.  Or else quit pretending that statement is the least bit supported by evidence.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »

How can you prove evolution? I will not accept any scientific works.

Of course, it's not quite the same, is it. Science is backed by reasoned evidence, whereas the Bible is simply blank assertions.

You didn't get the joke in there, did you?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Riddler

« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2009, 08:27:32 PM »

ass cancer

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2009, 09:01:11 PM »

Other civilizations have documented a massive migration from Egypt to Israel during the same time period.  Historical fact. 

Completely untrue. Historians have searched in vain for records of Jews being kept as slaves in ancient Egypt. There are none.

Ghost of Alex Libman

« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2009, 09:35:15 PM »

James Cameron did a TV thing about it, so it's GOTTA BE true!  :roll:

Oh, and ...

... here's what you append to all your forum posts if you want every person viewing them to hammer maqs.com for ~8MB of bandwidth: 

:twisted:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 03:15:34 PM by the ghost of Alex Libman »

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2009, 09:40:38 PM »

James Cameron did a TV thing about it, so it's GOTTA BE true!  :roll:

Most people get their Biblical information from old Hollywood movies. Way more people saw The Ten Commandments than have ever read Exodus.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2009, 10:09:13 PM »

Other civilizations have documented a massive migration from Egypt to Israel during the same time period.  Historical fact. 

Completely untrue. Historians have searched in vain for records of Jews being kept as slaves in ancient Egypt. There are none.

If I searched for Brunei on a map, and don't find it, does that mean Brunei doesn't exist?

Do you believe that the battle of Thermopyle happened? Whats your proof? I do have to tell you that almost all ancient Greek history was written down by about 4 or so guys? (Xenophon, Ptolmey, Herodotus, and Plutarch) They have a pro-Athens bias, and most based their histories on previous histories where number exageration was common, and to back this up, few primary sources of anything exists. But you dont doubt the 300 Spartans, do you? Did the Persians leave behind any remnants of their loss? I am not aware of any (not to say that they didnt, but I am simply ignorant of any instances where they did). The ancients were all notorious for writing history in such a was as to make themselves the heroes, so its not surprising that no one ever wrote down when they lost. The Egyptians were no exception to this.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2009, 11:39:12 PM »

Yes, I do doubt the story of the 300 Spartans--as does any serious modern historian. NO historian takes Herodotus, et al, at their literal word, but realize that the ancient writers often mixed in a liberal amount of rumor, legend and myth.

I have no idea whatsoever what the reference to Brunei is supposed to mean.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Homosexuality

// ]]>

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 31 queries.