Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Herman Cain for President
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Herman Cain for President  (Read 17311 times)

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Herman Cain for President
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »

I want Jimmy Carter to run again, after the collapse at least he can do the White House maintenance himself.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »

I want Jimmy Carter to run again, after the collapse at least he can do the White House maintenance himself.

Plus he grows one mean peanut.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 06:47:21 PM »

You wouldn't say "voting is for suckers" if Ron Paul were ahead in the polls.

You're goddamned right I would.

Ron Paul is a crabby old pro life, anti immigration has-been.

Being the most moral member of mafia is still being in the mafia. Ron Paul is in the mafia.

As for voting - I'm not even registered, I can't walk into the polls while carrying, and I won't go into buildings without a firearm unless I have no choice. No way, no how.

One man can't change the world. If one man could change the world I'd be arguing for a dictatorship rather than a free society.

Ron Paul won't save you.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:49:55 PM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 06:53:14 PM »

You wouldn't say "voting is for suckers" if Ron Paul were ahead in the polls.

You're goddamned right I would.

Ron Paul is a crabby old pro life, anti immigration has-been.

Being the most moral member of mafia is still being in the mafia. Ron Paul is in the mafia.

As for voting - I'm not even registered, I can't walk into the polls while carrying, and I won't go into buildings without a firearm unless I have no choice. No way, no how.

One man can't change the world. If one man could change the world I'd be arguing for a dictatorship rather than a free society.

Ron Paul won't save you.

:D :D :D :D :D

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 10:07:32 AM »

Does anyone else find Herman Cain about the most refreshing politician in the past 20 years or so?

And I think he's the man to beat Obama. I've been following him and writing about him on my website "The DeAnna Review."

I suspect most readers here like Ron Paul, and I do to. But if Paul fails, Cain is a great backup. Or a Paul-Cain team?

Cain is like the best of McCain and Paul combined!
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

phonon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 06:39:28 PM »

Herman Cain is a former deputy chairman (1992–94) and chairman (1995–96) of the civilian board of directors to the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

lucidhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Io0JK4lx8[/youtube]
"The arguments that were used to perpetuate slavery are identical to the arguments that are used to perpetuate the existence of the state."

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 12:42:37 AM »

This will result in an election based on proving how un-racist people are.. this time conservatives will be the one's carrying the trophy if Cain wins.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011, 01:09:39 PM »

LIBERTARIANS FOR JIMMAH!
Lets Put America Out of it's Misery.

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »

Bah humbug on all this Paul bashing. Paul isn't meant to save the world. He's meant as a positive step for freedom in the US.  He's already said that he doesn't want the Feds involved in regulating or supporting abortion, which is a hell of a lot better 'pro-life' stance than Cain's, Romney's, or Pawlenty's. He's also said that he supports immigration and would like to have open borders after all of the negative incentives (welfare, dependence, etc...) have been removed. As for the mafia comment, I'd much rather have Paul in charge of the gang than a warhawk or control freak.
Now, Cain is a conservative Obama. He preaches all the flowery things we want to hear, but he has a lot of conservative stances that give me the heeby jeebies

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 01:02:20 PM »

He's meant as a positive step for freedom in the US.

He won't be. What he'll be is a large consumption of time and money that would be better spent elsewhere.

Look, he's gonna get 1-1.5% of the vote. This is what is going to happen whether he gets a nom nom nomination or not. He'll gank up the Libertarian vote, which, while statistically insignificant and will probably be directed at another useless jackoff like Bob Barr, would probably leech less money from people.

Also, "Positive step for freedom" is probably not true. If you've got a bus scheduled to drive a group of people toward the edge of a cliff, and during the trip you replace the driver who is making a steady 55mph with Ron Paul, who is willing to slow down to 10mph, you're still gonna fly off the edge of a fucking cliff, man. It'll just take longer and everyone will blame Ron Paul supporters when it happens.

You get off of the fucking bus yo.

This whole thing is nothing but another ancap/minarchist fight hidden behind the excuse of Ron Paul.

If you're a minarchist and think that voting will help you, there's probably no better choice than Ron Paul.

If you're a market anarchist or anarchocapitalist or voluntaryist or leavemethefuckaloneian like me or whatever word applies this week, who thinks it's a sucker's game and a waste of time, you'll spend your money on something more important. Like socks or pickles or a new dildo with a wiggly rabbit on it or whatever.

The idea that people will find more freedom from politicians stealing their money by giving money to a politician hurts my fucking brain.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:26:22 PM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 01:06:21 PM »

He's meant as a positive step for freedom in the US.

He won't be. What he'll be is a large consumption of time and money that would be better spent elsewhere.

Look, he's gonna get 1-1.5% of the vote. This is what is going to happen whether he gets a nom nom nomination or not. He'll gank up the Libertarian vote, which, while statistically insignificant and probably be directed at another useless jackoff like Bob Barr, would probably leech less money from people.

Also, "Positive step for freedom" is probably not true. If you've got a bus scheduled to drive a group of people toward the edge of a cliff, and during the trip you replace the driver who is making a steady 55mph with Ron Paul, who is willing to slow down to 10mph, you're still gonna fly off the edge of a fucking cliff, man. It'll just take longer and everyone will blame Ron Paul supporters when it happens.

You get off of the fucking bus yo.

This whole thing is noting but another ancap/minarchist fight hidden behind the excuse of Ron Paul.

If you're a minarchist and think that voting will help you, there's probably no better choice than Ron Paul.

If you're a market anarchist or anarchocapitalist or voluntaryist or leavemethefuckaloneian like me or whatever word applies this week, who thinks it's a sucker's game and a waste of time, you'll spend your money on something more important. Like socks or pickles or a new dildo with a wiggly rabbit on it or whatever.

The idea that people will find more freedom from politicians stealing their money by giving money to a politician hurts my fucking brain.

Word John.

mauiguy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 03:08:04 PM »

John Shaw- "You get off of the fucking bus yo."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Malama Pono! (do what is right)
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ~Samuel Adams~

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -- Professor Bernardo de la Paz, _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_, by Robert Heinlien

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 05:39:54 PM »

John Shaw- "You get off of the fucking bus yo."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Malama Pono! (do what is right)

Yes, but would you rather jump off the bus at 55 mph or 10 mph?

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2011, 06:12:56 PM »

Best thing to do would be to sabotage the bus. Put some maple syrup in the gas tank, slash the tires, potato in the exhaust pipe,  etc.

I agree with Shaw to the point that RP wont make a difference when it comes to politics. Its impossible. I just like the fact he's out there spreading the message. Who knows, maybe some statist fuck hears him speak, thinks about some things a little, changes his tune and ends up being an anarchist in the end.

For this kind of thing, he is useful.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Herman Cain for President

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.