Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Help support candidates supported by Ron Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help support candidates supported by Ron Paul  (Read 2734 times)

jenkoolkat

Help support candidates supported by Ron Paul
« on: February 08, 2008, 01:41:52 PM »

Ron Paul has endorsed two guys who are running for Senate in NJ and the House in NH.

Please support them and help get Ron Paul candidates elected.

Just like what the Free State Project is doing. Elect others that support Ron Paul ideas at lower levels of gov't.

http://thisnovember5th.wordpress.com/

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
Re: Help support candidates supported by Ron Paul
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 01:53:30 PM »

Do they really think I can afford $100 for 2 people when I only gave $110 to Ron Paul for president?
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 03:16:48 PM »

Do they really think I can afford $100 for 2 people when I only gave $110 to Ron Paul for president?

It's better than an extremely long pitch for every person who donated to Paul's presidential campaign to sign up for  $2/$5/$10 pledge to each candidate, giving all the details on how much that would add up to on the 2nd Tuesday of each month that ends in an 'R'.

I like the direct appeal. Once I take a look at the budget for this month, I'll toss some cash in the direction of their campaigns. Might not be $100 each, but I doubt they'd turn down smaller amounts.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 03:22:44 PM »

It seems like a smaller amount would have a better chance of getting pledges.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 07:01:37 PM »

One of the two candidates in question is Jim Forsythe.
He learned about Ron Paul at the first annual NH Liberty Forum, when he saw Dr. Paul speak.

Jim lives in NH and is actively involved with lots of pro-freedom work here; he was one of the O:LFoD coordinators, he organized NH Parents for Educational Freedom (a homeschooling citizens-lobby group), and a zillion other things I can't keep track of.

In a way it sucks that he's running, because a lot of us were hoping he'd run for NH State House -- he'd be virtually guaranteed a win.
But he needs to do what his moral sense tells him is necessary, and he says he cannot stand by while the US military remains engaged in unconstitutional non-wars. So he's running for congress.

So... right now there are a grand total of two people running for US congress in 2008 who are endorsed by Ron Paul, and one of them is in NH. Sweet.

I still have mixed feelings about Jim's run. I want him to win, of course, and I've pledged the $ to help him do so. But I REALLY want him in the NH State House, where instead of being one of maybe 2-3 libertarian voices, he'd be one of 2-3 DOZEN. Even if he wins... I don't see it actually changing anything. And I honestly, seriously think he would make a real, measurable difference in the NH State House.

That said,... I'd support Jim even if he ran for dog catcher, president, or UN secretary-general. He's just a damn good man. Period.
Here's his URLs:
http://www.flytoliberty.com/
http://www.jimforsythe.com/

Dave The Dope Man

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 08:33:13 PM »

If Ron Paul loses the Republican nomination can someone else nominate him for a third party nomination or must he choose to run third party???

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 09:20:11 PM »

If Ron Paul loses the Republican nomination can someone else nominate him for a third party nomination or must he choose to run third party???
He could be nominated, but refuse to run.

If he doesn't get the nomination, a shitload of people (like me) will simply write him in.

Dave The Dope Man

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 09:27:19 PM »

Me too, I'd rather vote for him than any other candidate.

evolver

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 07:35:15 PM »

Hey everyone.

The Paul Congress guy running here in NJ is Murray Sabrin( http://www.murraysabrin.com

He is actually endorsed by Ron Paul (you can see the video on his homepage).
He is asking for a pledge of 100$ for his money bomb on 2/29 but i think anything you can give would
 be great. Imagine having 2 Dr. No's  in Congress  :D

i've been donating some of my time to his campaign and plan to donate on 2/29 too.

Jeff_Wartman

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 11:56:13 PM »

It should be interesting to see what happens with the Ron Paul movement in the GOP.

It will be hard to turn the GOP around considering the NeoCon hold on power...

thirdparty

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 03:43:17 PM »

If you want a change, if you support Dr. Paul, for the sake of our future and the future of subsequent generation's go to www.resetamerica.com and look at Michael Jingozian's campaign.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Help support candidates supported by Ron Paul

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.