Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Help Fight Law of the Sea Treaty
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Fight Law of the Sea Treaty  (Read 4851 times)

Hologene Relapse

Re: Help Fight Law of the Sea Treaty
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 02:00:11 AM »

No to taxes, period and end of story. You take it out of your wallet, but not out of mine unless you want a piece of lead in the back of your ass.

EricfromMI

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 03:14:25 PM »

No to taxes, period and end of story. You take it out of your wallet, but not out of mine unless you want a piece of lead in the back of your ass.

Prove it tough thing.

Zhwazi

• Recovering Ex-Anarchocapitalist
    • View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »

Prove it tough thing.
You go rob Hologene then. If you want taxes collected right, collect them yourself. Collect them from me too and I'll give you more or less the same treatment.

EricfromMI

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 05:35:12 PM »

Prove it tough thing.
You go rob Hologene then. If you want taxes collected right, collect them yourself. Collect them from me too and I'll give you more or less the same treatment.

The government is doing a fine job, thanks.

wtfk

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 06:34:47 PM »

Prove it tough thing.

The government is doing a fine job, thanks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Manuel_OKelly

• Objectivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 02:42:48 PM »

Think about it, the UN will have a tax. That means they will have money. Money to buy weapons and armies and the ability to invade and police the countries under it's jurisdiction, this is a really bad idea. Once that happens then it will setup a power structure in the UN and they will be asked to 'solve' the worlds problems. This parallels federalism in the United states. World wars will in fact become World Civil wars.

While there is no Guarantee that this would happen, there is some pretty heavy historical precedent starting with American Federalism.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 02:49:56 PM by Manuel_OKelly »

JKMP

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2007, 10:12:48 PM »

When the Earth craps out it's all over. We can always overthrow an oppressive government.

Can we? Its hard enough dealing with the corruption and constitutional rights violations in our own country, how about a stronger UN and our own country.  I'm more worried about my rights. earth is an issue, but I don't think its an issue more government can fix. there are few if any issues government can fix without creating more issues.

EricfromMI

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 05:30:20 AM »

When the Earth craps out it's all over. We can always overthrow an oppressive government.

Can we? Its hard enough dealing with the corruption and constitutional rights violations in our own country, how about a stronger UN and our own country.  I'm more worried about my rights. earth is an issue, but I don't think its an issue more government can fix. there are few if any issues government can fix without creating more issues.

Please name one oppressive government that hasn't been overthrown in due time. The market will not protect the environment, as history has shown. Government intervention in the marketplace to protect the environment wouldn't be necessary if all of the claptrap about competition breeding clean industry was true.

JKMP

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 12:20:54 PM »

Please name one oppressive government that hasn't been overthrown in due time. The market will not protect the environment, as history has shown. Government intervention in the marketplace to protect the environment wouldn't be necessary if all of the claptrap about competition breeding clean industry was true.
So you would sacrifice more of our dwindling rights in order for a buracracy to "maybe" do somthing about a possible enviormental problem?  Why do you trust governments?

EricfromMI

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2007, 12:45:15 PM »

So you would sacrifice more of our dwindling rights in order for a buracracy to "maybe" do somthing about a possible enviormental problem?  Why do you trust governments?

Tell me JKMP, what is more important to you, your right to own an assault weapon or the world's lowlands?

JKMP

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 01:20:15 PM »

Tell me JKMP, what is more important to you, your right to own an assault weapon or the world's lowlands?
My right to Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Why do you think a buracracy will solve whatever enviormental problems you find pressing?

EricfromMI

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 01:52:58 PM »

My right to Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Why do you think a buracracy will solve whatever enviormental problems you find pressing?

You have no right to liberty and no right to pursue happiness if you are dead. Business has historically proven itself incapable of self regulation, or regulation of pollution by competition. The government on the other hand has dealt with many environmental problems handily.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Help Fight Law of the Sea Treaty

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 33 queries.