Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Help Fight Law of the Sea Treaty
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Fight Law of the Sea Treaty  (Read 4850 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Help Fight Law of the Sea Treaty
« on: November 03, 2007, 04:45:07 PM »

http://www.cfiflistmanager.org/lostii1nm.html

This week, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee voted to surrender United States Sovereignty to the third world and the corrupt United Nations!

Of course, we're talking about the Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST)!

That means LOST will be on a fast track to the Senate floor where we will need 34 votes to TORPEDO the dangerous treaty!

In fact, Minority Leader Harry Reid and other supporters of LOST are so anxious to ram this treaty through the Senate that they are planning to force a vote any day now.

But there is hope.

A few weeks ago, when the news broke that Members of the Senate were trying to bring LOST to the floor and ratify it under the cover of darkness, patriotic Americans across the country began to protest the treaty.

And the politicians in Washington began to take notice!

Senators Jim DeMint, David Vitter, Mitch McConnell, Trent Lott, Jon Kyl and Daniel Inhofe started fighting LOST tooth and nail.

Even presidential candidates Fred Thompson, Rudy Giuliani, John McCain and Mike Huckabee have since spoken out against LOST!

Now that this movement to ratify LOST is out in the open, we can defeat it!

But the American people need to make one final push now because the Senate can vote on LOST at almost any time!

"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

EricfromMI

Re: Help Fight Law of the Sea Treaty
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 05:33:46 PM »

Surrender our sovereignty over to third world nations? Where do I sign up!

Zhwazi

• Recovering Ex-Anarchocapitalist
    • View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 10:28:42 PM »

What the fuck does the LOST even do? If you don't tell me what I'm supporting or opposing exactly you sure as hell won't get my support for it.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 11:03:34 PM »

What the fuck does the LOST even do? If you don't tell me what I'm supporting or opposing exactly you sure as hell won't get my support for it.
It allows the UN to tax people operating in international waters
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

EricfromMI

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 11:17:09 PM »

Will this protect the environment?

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 12:11:52 AM »

Of course not.

EricfromMI

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 12:22:42 AM »

Of course not.

How not? Won't they be able to regulate dumping and polluting at sea?

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 12:27:44 AM »

Of course not.

Haha!  All this would do is that people would stop registering their boats out of US ports and switch to other countries who refuse to sign.  So how can this possibly be a productive thing?  And how would the UN taxing people enable them to regulate dumping and polluting at sea?  People could just do it anyways.  The only difference would be that they would have to pay massive taxes to the UN.

JKMP

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 12:29:13 AM »

Giving away any of our sovereignty away is a horrible mistake!  but what can I do to stop it?

JKMP

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 12:33:12 AM »

Of course not.

Haha!  All this would do is that people would stop registering their boats out of US ports and switch to other countries who refuse to sign.  So how can this possibly be a productive thing?  And how would the UN taxing people enable them to regulate dumping and polluting at sea?  People could just do it anyways.  The only difference would be that they would have to pay massive taxes to the UN.

it is a productive thing... it allows the UN to tax americans buisnesses... very productive for the UN, its another step to them controling us... one government is enough of a problem... I hope this damn thing gets shot down.

EricfromMI

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 12:33:20 AM »

Of course not.

Hence why this is a UN proposition. Only an international organization has the power to make every country sign this or suffer from mutual exclusion from trade. If it will significantly help the environment, I'm for it.

JKMP

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 12:35:45 AM »

Of course not.

Hence why this is a UN proposition. Only an international organization has the power to make every country sign this or suffer from mutual exclusion from trade. If it will significantly help the environment, I'm for it.

its a bueracracy, how much good can it do? even if it helped the enviorment what problems are gonna come?

EricfromMI

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 12:44:08 AM »

Of course not.

its a bueracracy, how much good can it do? even if it helped the enviorment what problems are gonna come?

When the Earth craps out it's all over. We can always overthrow an oppressive government.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 01:04:20 AM »

Of course not.

When the Earth craps out it's all over. We can always overthrow an oppressive government.
So lets make it as oppressive as possible RIGHT NOW! 

EricfromMI

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 01:07:39 AM »

Of course not.

So lets make it as oppressive as possible RIGHT NOW! 

Oh quit being a crybaby. If we want to make things oppressive I'm certain we can do better than a sea tax.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Help Fight Law of the Sea Treaty

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.