Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Hello and great overall website
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello and great overall website  (Read 3433 times)

GPSGreg

• View Profile
Hello and great overall website
« on: September 11, 2012, 11:59:49 AM »

Hello all, I have been a fan of FTL for quite awhile now, probably since 2007 or so, but I am now eager to get in on the action.

The first thing I have wanted to do is complement the creator of the website for its overall design and layout. I find it exceptional in its intuitiveness and appeal. I was wondering if you have any suggestions for a noob website creator who wants to emulate the FTL website style. For example, your advisement bar seems different than the standard google ad bar. Is it homemade? And, is that one way in which a website can appear better, because it gives the creator more control?

Peace

Greg

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello and great overall website
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 08:51:35 PM »

Are you going to create your own FTL clone?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 04:15:40 AM »

Hello and welcome, I hope you stick around.  8)

GPSGreg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 07:11:41 PM »

"Are you going to create your own FTL clone?"

I don't think I will go into that much depth, I am probably going to stick to anti police state, anti war material, since that is what I am concerned about the most.

I look forward to the movie showing on Saturday and meeting some people.  :)

Greg

DragQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 08:59:44 PM »

Hello and welcome, I hope you stick around.  8)

Yeah ,did you ever see the "Outlaw Josey Wales"?
 You know, when they're all hanging around the dead, dried out saloon?
 Welcome to it
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:32:26 PM by Dalebert »

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 11:33:07 PM »

Yeah ,did you ever see the "Outlaw Josey Wales"?
 You know, when they're all hanging around the dead, dried out saloon?
 Welcome to it

Pretty much. It's up to us to step out of Facebook now and then and re-energize this place.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 11:06:41 PM »

*Spits on the floor, lifts a spur booted leg, looks like he's gonna step forward and say something wise and witty, lifts leg a little further let's loose a bellowing wet and slappy sounding ratatat of flatulence.*

People don't have to suffer abuse to interact on Facebook. I check in every day to make sure no bullshit is afoot, but otherwise there's no need to post. I gave way too many hours to the BBS only to get stomped on and shit on repeatedly by asshole users.

Recently I saw how liberty type people treat one another in practice, more succinctly and explicitly than ever before.

I have little interest in further contact beyond the people I already know and like. My beliefs in freedom and liberty are stronger than ever, but my faith in the individuals themselves has been utterly fucking destroyed, with exceptions.

You can't. Trust. People. You can't rely on other people's commitments. I can't believe I had to learn that lesson again at THIS point in my life.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 07:14:19 AM »

Think twice News has been kicking out a lot of great videos lately. I have a Youtube subscription so I get updated. Didn't you used to link from here?

GPSGreg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 10:08:05 AM »

*Spits on the floor, lifts a spur booted leg, looks like he's gonna step forward and say something wise and witty, lifts leg a little further let's loose a bellowing wet and slappy sounding ratatat of flatulence.*

People don't have to suffer abuse to interact on Facebook. I check in every day to make sure no bullshit is afoot, but otherwise there's no need to post. I gave way too many hours to the BBS only to get stomped on and shit on repeatedly by asshole users.

Recently I saw how liberty type people treat one another in practice, more succinctly and explicitly than ever before.

I have little interest in further contact beyond the people I already know and like. My beliefs in freedom and liberty are stronger than ever, but my faith in the individuals themselves has been utterly fucking destroyed, with exceptions.

You can't. Trust. People. You can't rely on other people's commitments. I can't believe I had to learn that lesson again at THIS point in my life.

Sorry to hear about your faith in individuals being destroyed, i am not sure which people you are referring to. Are we talking about other liberty minded individuals or statists? I realize that I have been a bit rash with some of my anti war talk, but I just want them to end, I guess that it is my tact that could use improvement.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »

Think twice News has been kicking out a lot of great videos lately. I have a Youtube subscription so I get updated. Didn't you used to link from here?

Think Twice News and Think Twice Productions belong to me. 

The Porcfest coverage on the Think Twice Youtube Channel was made by JJ Schlessinger. He is Starfall Media. He used the Think Twice hardware to shoot coverage of Porcfest and has been working his ass off to get all of it out there and has been doing a great job.

JJ is a stand up cat.

So you should be thanking JJ for the Starfall stuff (all the Porcfest coverage)

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 05:58:44 PM »

Sorry to hear about your faith in individuals being destroyed,

Thank you.

I am not sure which people you are referring to.

And it will stay that way until I've given the parties enough time to attempt to put things right somehow, or outting them after waiting too long to do so.

Are we talking about other liberty minded individuals or statists?

Liberty people. Specifically liberty people.

I realize that I have been a bit rash with some of my anti war talk, but I just want them to end, I guess that it is my tact that could use improvement.

Has absolutely nothing to do with you. Don't worry about it. This is IRL stuff. Just venting a little bit because I can't vent a LOT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Hello and great overall website

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.