Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  health care passed
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: health care passed  (Read 2671 times)

Shi Tao

health care passed
« on: March 22, 2010, 12:45:53 AM »

health care passed and obama is going to sign it into law http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/22/health/policy/22health.html?hp

Major Jizz

• View Profile
Re: health care passed
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 12:49:44 AM »

Of course He will. It's for the people!

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 01:19:02 AM »

For God and Free Trade

Txoria

• Bakearen Txoria
  • I am not a number, I am a person!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:39:49 AM »

Of course California isn't one of those states. I might end up in jail over this.

fatcat

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 05:30:14 AM »

Of course California isn't one of those states. I might end up in jail over this.

that'd be dumb.

Healthcare is seriously unimportant on nearly every scale.

Diet and drug abuse are WAY more important in determining life expectancy than healthcare (if you have access to basic medicine), meaning the ability to determine the length of your life is still mainly in your hands regardless of these laws.

Theres a tiny percentage of people who this will actually mean life and death for, and there will be some people who would have died who now won't.

The difference between a mixed healthcare system like there was, and one that will be is insignificant. The most important part of modern healthcare is antibiotics, emergency repairs, and prevention (vaccines), which are largely the same in NHS or a private system.

Sure the principal sucks, but its not like American healthcare was a free enterprise before this.

Would taxes not have gone up if this wasn't passed?

Compared to the damage drug laws do, you'd have to be insane to flip over this weak stuff. All the regulations medicine and medical labor is debatably much more damaging to progress than this new bill is.

This is not a line in the sand.

If you're going to shoot yourself in the foot (throw yourself into jail) over this bullshit , you might aswell shoot yourself in the head and save time, since its going to get alot worse than this.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 05:36:38 AM by fatcat »

Txoria

• Bakearen Txoria
  • I am not a number, I am a person!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 11:31:50 AM »

Actually, my comment was based on the fact that I don't currently have health insurance (nor feel I need it) and don't make enough money at the moment to afford it.

If I'm suddenly magically covered, then I probably won't even notice the difference. If they send me a bunch of forms, however, I'll probably screw something up by accident and end up in a bunch of legal crap.

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 11:34:36 AM »

It's the first time that I am aware that the FedGov passed a law requiring people to purchase some product.  However, I agree with you, FatCat, that we've not had a free market in health care in ever so long...
For God and Free Trade

davann

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »

One more straw on the camel's back. This is good news. One more step closer to the time when it becomes okay to hang 'em.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 12:24:18 PM »

This is fantastic news. Seth Cohn was prescient.
[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qNEVQXLHvEk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qNEVQXLHvEk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Also, NH Public Radio had a survey "what does it mean to you?" Here's what I posted:
I am so excited!! This is the most immediate, direct "shot-in-the-arm" ever for the Free State Project!

Lots of libertarians moved up here from Mass when that state passed mandatory health care. Some of them are now our best activists. This is much bigger -- the rate of signups for the FSP is now triple the previous rate...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  health care passed

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 33 queries.