Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  harley it is
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: harley it is  (Read 6717 times)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
Re: harley it is
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 02:44:33 PM »

I didn't want to shat on this thread, but Dragline has called me out on it.

Real men, the cultured amongst us anyway, prefer Italian or British model motorbikes.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Riddler

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 03:10:26 PM »

I've been riding my jap bike for eight years and 60k miles.not a throwaway bike.and is faster and was cheaper than pretty much any harley on the road.

always true.
however, the undeniable ''elephant-in-the-room'' is your resale value.
when i say ''throwaway'', i mean you can buy a brandy-new, shiny gooker for 4k & a year later, you'll get 1500.

harley resale value is supreme

...oh, and ''faster''?
yup again......but, really....do you need to go 150mph?
graveyards are full of 'em

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 05:38:37 PM »

Quote from: hellbilly
Real men, the cultured amongst us anyway, prefer Italian or British model motorbikes.

always true.

I thought you'd see it that way eventually.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Riddler

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 10:45:34 PM »

Quote from: hellbilly

always true.

I thought you'd see it that way eventually.

i hadn't gotten around to YOU, you fucking heathenous cunt

italians drive fag-scooters
english have bad teeth
both drive on the wrong side of the feckin road

oh....a little fyi, for you neophyte fucks out there.....
1st motorcycle into germany circa 1945???   war-time shit??
yeah.
that's right, cock-knockers....
harley-fucking-davidson

you're welcome.
all others are poseurs
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 10:50:23 PM by Dragline »

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 12:55:51 AM »

Real men don't choose their motorcycles on their country of origin or what image they portray to others.  Picking anything based on the image it conveys is the definition of poseur.  My motorcycle is not for posing.  It's for getting 60MPG, being insured for a hundred bucks a year and having a great time doing it and anyone who cares what that makes me look like can go fuck themselves.  Real men do what's right for THEM and the rest of the world can go fuck themselves.

My baby rides her motorcycle to and from school and work every day.  She rides in the rain and that's not a big deal to her, she has gear for that.  She rides in the cold and has gear for that.  She does not barhop with neon lights on her bike.  
Those guys you see with luggage that ride every day on practical motorcycles are not the poseurs, they are motorcyclists.  Weekend, fair weather, ride as a hobby between biker hangouts are poseurs by it's strictest definition.

I'm happy for you dragline that you'll have a basement to winter your motorcycle in so it will be pretty in the springtime when you want to drive to your buddies house and set off his neighbors car alarm with a girlish giggle.  I need no basement, I'll be riding mine this winter.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:19:26 AM by Ecolitan »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 01:58:26 AM »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 06:07:49 AM »

I'm actually with royce on his comment.  I ride my bike almost every day of the year.but I'm lucky to live in socal for that.

But I'm still happy for you and hope you can enjoy riding the bike around until you flip it.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Riddler

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 08:16:53 AM »

well.
it's settled then.
ecolitan (& apparently, his old lady) are the ''real'' men in the room.
everyone else can go home now.

goody for you & your chick that you ride around like simpletons in the rain (the rest of us know when to come in.....or drive something that keeps us dry....)
& there is that pesky new england winter/snow/cold thing, that commands us to put our cycles up for the season....
i'm sure you & your chick would simply put a ski on the front & a chain on the rear & zip about the frozen landscape, sneering at us fair-weather fags.

go team!

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 10:18:18 AM »

I don't typically sneer at you fair weather fags.  I'm just tired of getting sneered AT when I stop for gas.  You want a toy for the weekends that's OK with me.  Calling anyone who chooses a toy that isn't like your toy a poseur and giving them dirty looks and snide remarks when you meet on the side of the road somewhere gets old.  

It's your type that does that.  It's you that called anyone who doesn't ride a harley a poseur.  I thought you could use some perspective.

I've been thinking about not waving at other rider's anymore.  Makes me feel a little rude when they wave first but it's not a club, doesn't make you cool, I don't go waving at every person driving a white utility and we white van folk are far more likely to have common interests and lifestyles than two random people on motorcycles.  What's with all of this motorcycling to conform and be in a club business?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 10:22:56 AM by Ecolitan »

BonerJoe

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 01:25:05 PM »

Goddamn, what a bunch of sissies arguing over stupid shit.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 01:35:30 PM »

when i say ''throwaway'', i mean you can buy a brandy-new, shiny gooker for 4k & a year later, you'll get 1500.

only a very few.  But you can buy used "gooker" with less than 10K for 1500 and sell it two years and 20K miles later for 1500.

Why would you bring up money?  Harley's are the worst value in a motorcycle by far.  Ducatis are more cost effective.  the only reason they're in business is for people who want to pay twice as much for an image so they can ride around and hang out on internet forums talking bout how they're the only REAL motorcyclists.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:43:20 PM by Ecolitan »

Riddler

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 01:40:01 PM »

hey.
i'm a blowbag.
i admit it.  the poseur thing? fuggedabout it. i like to twist the blade in here. you know that.
i don't give a shit what anyone rides. whatever floats yer boat. wanna ride in the rain? knock your tits off. and yeah, i am a weekend/fair-weather bikey.....hell, i'm not even a bikey. this is simply a means-to-an-end = money
i won a fucking year-old flh-pi (police-issue) road king in '03 (vfw raffle......500 tickets sold @ $100 a pop...i bought 5...and it paid off in spades....rode it a little that summer, and figgered...15K looks better in kitchen cabinets, than on 2 wheels...& i sold it)

if you wanna pontificate on the whole ''true biker'' experience, and define the parameters of who is or isn't a ''real'' biker, then you are an even bigger gas-bag than myself. but, don't let me get in your way here.....carry on
i'm a big harley/indian fan.
why?
cuz they were the pioneers of this bikey thing.
i love the history aspect of it.
the nip-riders tend to be as, if not more, snotty re: speed/agility/blahblahblah......   ''harleys are shit''
harley/indian people typically don't give a blue fuck about 0-to-150....top-end-bullshit faggotry....have a good one, 6 feet down lookin up.
quality....not quantity.
anyway,
thanks for playing

Riddler

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 01:42:12 PM »

Goddamn, what a bunch of sissies arguing over stupid shit.

don't make us bike over there, rev our engines, snarl at you & urinate on your cat

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »

hey.
i'm a blowbag.

it's cool.  It really happens though y'know, most every time out.  Harley rider's go out of their way to try and intimidate and ridicule anyone else.  Not all of them, but some.  Also some groups of sport bike rider's have real attitudes.  It's the guy on the Kawasaki Versys or Goldwing or something that you never see being an asshole.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:49:41 PM by Ecolitan »

Riddler

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2010, 01:55:11 PM »

it's certainly an age thing.
older/higher-end (successful/professional/business types), full-dress harley people aren't straight-pipe, stoplight revving, shit-stirrers......
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  harley it is

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.