Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Handwriting
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Handwriting  (Read 8715 times)

mrapplecastle

• autonomist
    • View Profile
Re: Handwriting
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 09:21:03 PM »

I started writing a little bit a couple weeks ago in cursive, just because it had been so long I wanted to see if my penmanship had deteriorated any, it hasnt.
Its awesome.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 12:12:18 AM »

You wanna see a look of abject horror on someones face, sign their document right across the whole fucking thing like you're on a galloping horse and got no time for this shit.  Not in that little four-inch blank space where you're supposed to sign.  BappityPOW, ten inches long, four inches high, longways.  Really throw it like you mean it, like a rock star signing a tit with a Sharpie. 

BonerJoe

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 12:39:37 AM »

lol

mrapplecastle

• autonomist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 12:59:11 AM »

You wanna see a look of abject horror on someones face, sign their document right across the whole fucking thing like you're on a galloping horse and got no time for this shit.  Not in that little four-inch blank space where you're supposed to sign.  BappityPOW, ten inches long, four inches high, longways.  Really throw it like you mean it, like a rock star signing a tit with a Sharpie. 

I do this, I especially like making it so sloppy, you can tell what the fuck was written or by whom.

Riddler

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 03:02:10 AM »

retard-write

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 08:59:45 AM »

I learned how to write in cursive in elementary school.  I never used it after that, except to sign my name and write out those stupid statements that they require on some tests (like the SAT).  My cursive is pretty bad, and it takes me forever to write in it.  My fine motor skills in general are pretty much the suck.  I took notes in school and did problem sets using print, so that's still ok.  The only thing I hand write now are short notes to myself on occasion and grocery lists.  I don't even attempt to make my signature legible.  It is literally a series of scribbles after the first two letters.  It is a consistent series of scribbles, though...most of the time :P

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 02:26:45 PM »

Yeah same here my signature has digressed to the first letter of my name followed by some bumpy letters then a larger bump to signify the start of my last name.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 10:31:33 PM »

My handwriting has remained basically consistent, but it has deteriorated a tad.  My handwriting is an eclectic amalgamation of cursive and blocky print, with a generous smattering of swoops.  I think handwriting analysts call them kickstands, when they fall to the low side.  I also rake my script backwards, which shows streamlining, a go-with-the-flow nature. 

I think I'm on my fourth or fifth edition of signature, which is constantly in evolution.  It amuses me to look back on very old documents and see a previous incarnation of signature. 

I don't really put much faith in the psychoanalysis of a persons handwriting, getting down to a micro scale.  But on the larger picture, you can get a read on the basic person.  If they're smart or stupid, or hurried or mellow. 

Another thing that interests me is, girls can write so vastly different than boys.  A fourteen year old boy can never write in that bursting sunshine that is teenaged girls handwriting.  Never.  Never never never.  Never in a million years, never. 

Heres my tip of the day.  Get writing samples from a hundred hot 16 year old girls.  Overlay the individual letters, and boil it down to its averages.  Like they did with the perfect face.  Make that font, and sell it for millions.  Call it Prettygirl. 

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 11:06:01 PM »

circumstances can definitely affect your handwriting

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/VWDROlOG3-s?fs[/youtube]
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 04:30:11 AM »

My handwriting has remained basically consistent, but it has deteriorated a tad.  My handwriting is an eclectic amalgamation of cursive and blocky print, with a generous smattering of swoops.  I think handwriting analysts call them kickstands, when they fall to the low side.  I also rake my script backwards, which shows streamlining, a go-with-the-flow nature. 

I think I'm on my fourth or fifth edition of signature, which is constantly in evolution.  It amuses me to look back on very old documents and see a previous incarnation of signature. 

I don't really put much faith in the psychoanalysis of a persons handwriting, getting down to a micro scale.  But on the larger picture, you can get a read on the basic person.  If they're smart or stupid, or hurried or mellow. 

Another thing that interests me is, girls can write so vastly different than boys.  A fourteen year old boy can never write in that bursting sunshine that is teenaged girls handwriting.  Never.  Never never never.  Never in a million years, never. 

Heres my tip of the day.  Get writing samples from a hundred hot 16 year old girls.  Overlay the individual letters, and boil it down to its averages.  Like they did with the perfect face.  Make that font, and sell it for millions.  Call it Prettygirl. 

Male/female difference. The trade off for low fine-motor skills is greater precision in gross-motor skills. Women can write better, and I'm sure use a soldering iron better, but we can control a car more easily. 
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Riddler

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 07:52:54 AM »

plus we can pee standing up.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »

They can too.  It's just not...customary.  :wink:

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 01:09:37 PM »

I haven't written in cursive since middle school, but I do handwrite a lot since I take notes better that way and I have to do a lot of math with annoying symbols.

I write better Greek symbols than the normal alphabet.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

LoveFreedomAndLiberty

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2011, 11:57:16 PM »

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 06:18:23 AM »

in another generation, there won't be writing utensils, 'cept in the museums
mark (w/ a keypad please) my words
Were going to have a nice little tech reversal when we have to live on the fringes and cobble shit together old school to get by.* For my part I make damn sure my kids can write legitably.
*Like the Cubans who get things done do now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Handwriting

// ]]>

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 32 queries.