Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009  (Read 81220 times)

blackie

Re: Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009
« Reply #285 on: April 19, 2009, 04:41:31 PM »

Sam Dodson, (SamIAm) was arrested at Keene district Court for recording without bureaucrat permission.

Yeah, nothing new in NH, they were getting press about this Law three years ago:

http://NHFree.org/thelist/
Quote from: TheList
Note that Mr Gannon did violate New Hampshire's Law against audiotaping criminal cops to get the goods on them. Apparently the Majority of New Hampsters are filthy shitheads who want such Laws. We all know that there is a small Minority of New Hampsters who are NOT shitheads and DO want to allow Liberty for their neighbors, but they have a Democracy there and the Majority always get to put the Minority in a CAGE if they feel like it.
Sam is not charged with that law.

I am pretty sure Mr. Gannon was charged with CHAPTER 570-A WIRETAPPING AND EAVESDROPPING
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/RSA/html/LVIII/570-A/570-A-mrg.htm

They dropped the charges on him, but didn't give him his video back.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060805/NEWS01/108050086
NASHUA – Police won’t prosecute a man for using his home security system to record detectives on his front porch, Nashua Police Chief Timothy Hefferan announced Friday.

Michael Gannon was arrested June 27 after he made the videotape to record conversations among detectives who were at his door looking for his 15-year-old son, who was being investigated in connection with a mugging downtown. When Gannon brought the videotape to a police station to complain that a detective was rude to him, he was arrested on felony wiretapping charges.

The case attracted attention around the world, as news spread via the Internet. The Telegraph and city police received scores of phone calls and e-mails condemning the charges.

In addition to dropping the case against him, Nashua police also have concluded that Gannon’s complaint about the detective was justified, although the chief added that Gannon himself was “provocative” and “disrespectful.” The chief declined to say what discipline the detective might face.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 05:19:45 PM by blackie »

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #286 on: April 19, 2009, 05:33:23 PM »

I am pretty sure Mr. Gannon was charged with CHAPTER 570-A WIRETAPPING AND EAVESDROPPING
Correct.
And the solution to that problem that the NHLA has been working on, is HB312
http://www.nhliberty.org/bills/view?bill=HB312&year=2009
Passed by a solid margin in the House of Representatives (206-142) and is on its way now to the Senate.

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
  • Aint no thang but a chicken wing!
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2009, 06:31:36 PM »

It's called a slavery complex

The slave actively seeks out more punishment from his master in order to make the master a self destructive monster.  It ends up killing the slave

The other slavery complex is to be too helpful, keep his glass full, so to speak.  He'll consume himself to death. 

At least this is what I've read about.

I've found it!  Here is the original, from Stefan Molyneux:
Allowing other people to treat us badly is a subtle form of aggression
against them.
It arises from a fairly primitive time in our species, when slavery and
hyper-control dominated our interactions.
If a slave hates his master – as deep down he surely does – but cannot
retaliate against him in any violent or assertive manner, what are his
options?

Well, when you want somebody dead, but you cannot kill him openly,
your best option is to exacerbate his unhealthy habits.
In other words, a slave can eventually take vengeance on his master by
continually bringing him a drink, sitting with him while he drinks, and
endlessly offering to refill his glass.
On a psychological level, the slave can effectively re-create his own
misery in the mind of his master by both provoking and submitting to
bullying.

Every time the master beats the slave, the misery and self-loathing of the
master increases. Every time the master screams at the slave, the soul of
the master dies a little more. Every whip of the lash kills the master’s
capacity for love, contentment and peace of mind.
This, of course, is Nietzsche’s “slave morality,” in which the slave takes a
form of masochistic satisfaction and dark glee in the spiritual
destruction of his master. The passive-aggressive “moral superiority” of
the slave is the only satisfaction that such a beaten-down creature can
hope for.

The problem, however, is that by continually pursuing the insidious
satisfaction of passive-aggressive masochism, the slave often becomes
dangerously addicted to this form of vengeance.
In other words, the slave becomes addicted to having a master and finds
life without this form of underhanded revenge entirely lacking in
stimulation and satisfaction.
Feel free to add me to facebook, or contact me on MSN.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2009, 06:40:44 PM »

Correct.
Passed by a solid margin in the House of Representatives (206-142) and is on its way now to the Senate.

Unfortunately, illegal activity like beating people up isn't part of 'official duties' so you can only record them when they are behaving properly.

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2009, 07:05:03 PM »

Correct.

Unfortunately, illegal activity like beating people up isn't part of 'official duties' so you can only record them when they are behaving properly.

Unintended consequences?  Surely you jest.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 19, 2009, 07:09:55 PM »

Unintended consequences?  Surely you jest.

I sure hope so.  That argument wouldn't fly for a fully informed jury but one who has been instructed on the importance of following the letter of the law even if that law is all kinds of fucked up.....

It took me about 1.3 seconds to come up with that argument.  Surely I'm not the only one.

Please Dennis, don't get self-righteous and defensive on me.  This has nothing to do with not being very appreciative of all the hard work that went into this bill.  I read it, I saw irony, I said something about it.  That's what I do.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 07:12:12 PM by Ecolitan »

blackie

« Reply #291 on: April 19, 2009, 10:38:04 PM »

Correct.
What Mr. Gannon did was within the law.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/LVIII/570-A/570-A-1.htm
II. ""Oral communication'' means any oral communication uttered by a person exhibiting an expectation that such communication is not subject to interception under circumstances justifying such expectation.
This is where the police fail. They were on his front porch. The camera was in plain view, and there was a sign that said audio and video monitoring was happening. Mr. Gannon also informed the police of the audio and video recording.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/LVIII/570-A/570-A-2.htm

I. A person is guilty of a class B felony if, except as otherwise specifically provided in this chapter or without the consent of all parties to the communication, the person:
       (a) Wilfully intercepts, endeavors to intercept, or procures any other person to intercept or endeavor to intercept, any telecommunication or oral communication;

zackbass

« Reply #292 on: April 20, 2009, 02:13:42 AM »

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/RSA/html/LVIII/570-A/570-A-mrg.htm

Oh boy.  You mean they have TWO Laws against videotaping corrupt behavior?
Okay, which one was Sam charged with?

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 02:19:44 AM by zackbass »

blackie

« Reply #293 on: April 20, 2009, 09:26:58 AM »

Disorderly Conduct

http://gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/LXII/644/644-2.htm

Section 644:2

644:2 Disorderly Conduct. – A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if:
    I. He knowingly or purposely creates a condition which is hazardous to himself or another in a public place by any action which serves no legitimate purpose; or
    II. He or she:
       (a) Engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous or threatening behavior in a public place; or
       (b) Directs at another person in a public place obscene, derisive, or offensive words which are likely to provoke a violent reaction on the part of an ordinary person; or
       (c) Obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic on any public street or sidewalk or the entrance to any public building; or
       (d) Engages in conduct in a public place which substantially interferes with a criminal investigation, a firefighting operation to which RSA 154:17 is applicable, the provision of emergency medical treatment, or the provision of other emergency services when traffic or pedestrian management is required; or
       (e) Knowingly refuses to comply with a lawful order of a peace officer to move from or remain away from any public place; or
    III. He purposely causes a breach of the peace, public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creates a risk thereof, by:
       (a) Making loud or unreasonable noises in a public place, or making loud or unreasonable noises in a private place which can be heard in a public place or other private places, which noises would disturb a person of average sensibilities; or
       (b) Disrupting the orderly conduct of business in any public or governmental facility; or
       (c) Disrupting any lawful assembly or meeting of persons without lawful authority.
    III-a. When noise under subparagraph III(a) is emanating from a vehicle's sound system or any portable sound system located within a vehicle, a law enforcement officer shall be considered a person of average sensibilities for purposes of determining whether the volume of such noise constitutes a breach of the peace, public inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm, and the officer may take enforcement action to abate such noise upon detecting the noise, or upon receiving a complaint from another person.
    IV. (a) Whenever a peace officer has probable cause to believe that a serious threat to the public health or safety is created by a flood, storm, fire, earthquake, explosion, riot, ongoing criminal activity that poses a risk of bodily injury, or other disaster, the officer may close the area where the threat exists and the adjacent area necessary to control the threat or to prevent its spread, for the duration of the threat, until related law enforcement, fire, and emergency medical service operations are complete, by means of ropes, markers, uniformed emergency service personnel, or any other reasonable means, to any persons not authorized by a peace officer or emergency services personnel to enter or remain within the closed area.
       (b) Peace officers may close the immediate area surrounding any emergency field command post activated for the purpose of abating any threat enumerated in this paragraph to any unauthorized persons, whether or not the field command post is located near the source of the threat.
       (c) Any unauthorized person who knowingly enters an area closed pursuant to this paragraph or who knowingly remains within the area after receiving a lawful order from a peace officer to leave shall be guilty of disorderly conduct.
    V. In this section:
       (a) ""Lawful order'' means:
          (1) A command issued to any person for the purpose of preventing said person from committing any offense set forth in this section, or in any section of Title LXII or Title XXI, when the officer has reasonable grounds to believe that said person is about to commit any such offense, or when said person is engaged in a course of conduct which makes his commission of such an offense imminent;
          (2) A command issued to any person to stop him from continuing to commit any offense set forth in this section, or in any section of Title LXII or Title XXI, when the officer has reasonable grounds to believe that said person is presently engaged in conduct which constitutes any such offense; or
          (3) A command not to enter or a command to leave an area closed pursuant to paragraph IV, provided that a person may not lawfully be ordered to leave his or her own home or business.
       (b) ""Public place'' means any place to which the public or a substantial group has access. The term includes, but is not limited to, public ways, sidewalks, schools, hospitals, government offices or facilities, and the lobbies or hallways of apartment buildings, dormitories, hotels or motels.
    VI. Disorderly conduct is a misdemeanor if the offense continues after a request by any person to desist; otherwise, it is a violation.
Source. 1971, 518:1. 1983, 200:1. 1985, 309:1. 2005, 192:1, 2, eff. June 30, 2005; 260:2, 3, eff. July 22, 2005.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #294 on: April 20, 2009, 04:38:36 PM »

From a legal standpoint... that is not yet determined.
Ann Rice from the NH AG's office says the legal situation is "unclear"
The court has never ruled on this aspect of the law; they keep throwing it out.

Until either a court rules on it OR the law is changed, the cops will continue to use it as a club with which to intimidate people.

blackie

« Reply #295 on: April 20, 2009, 04:49:41 PM »

From a legal standpoint... that is not yet determined.
Ann Rice from the NH AG's office says the legal situation is "unclear"
The court has never ruled on this aspect of the law; they keep throwing it out.
If you read the law, it is very clear. It is a wiretapping law.

They keep throwing it out(dropping the charges) because they know they will lose if it goes to trial.

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #296 on: April 20, 2009, 08:13:30 PM »

Sam is still being held
He is being told that he will be held indefinitely. . .

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #297 on: April 20, 2009, 08:22:13 PM »

The next step by the goons will be to deny phone "privileges" to Sam.  They will not tolerate him being able to have his say on the radio.  The goons know only one way to get their way - increase the violence.  Make no mistake, unless you bow down and behave they way they want you to, you will never "win".  They have all the guns and are ready and anxious to use them.  Unless force is met with force, the goons will continue their escalation.  I'm not suggesting that anyone actually USE force against the goons, I'm just saying that is the only language goons understand.  They really don't care if Sam dies in there (in fact they may prefer it)...

blackie

« Reply #298 on: April 20, 2009, 09:23:07 PM »

Sam is still being held
Until he gives his legal name.

Does the dude really think they will let him out on bail without him giving up his name?

"John Sam Doe" doesn't cut it.

http://freekeene.com/2009/04/20/update-sam-jailed-indefinitely-without-access-to-law-library/
Our friend, co-blogger, and documentarian Sam from the Obscured Truth Network called me from jail today to tell me they did hold a bail hearing for him by video and the presiding judge Howard Lane (Burke is on vacation this week.) told him he will be held indefinitely until he decides to give them his “legal name”. Sam is currently held as “John Sam Doe”. Even if he were to give them that name, how it is they will be certain that the name he gives them is legal, I don’t know, as they don’t have ID for him and he hasn’t registered to vote in NH. Sam has not indicated that he will be giving in, meaning he’s stuck in the Cheshire County jail, which despite being one of the better jails in the state, still has its share of problems. Sam said that there was sewage floating in his area of the jail when he arrived, for instance. Plus, they are denying him access to the jail law library, making it even more difficult for him to participate in their tyrannical system.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 09:27:06 PM by blackie »

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #299 on: April 21, 2009, 07:02:01 AM »

Sam is still being held
Until he gives his legal name.

Does the dude really think they will let him out on bail without him giving up his name?

"John Sam Doe" doesn't cut it.

http://freekeene.com/2009/04/20/update-sam-jailed-indefinitely-without-access-to-law-library/
Our friend, co-blogger, and documentarian Sam from the Obscured Truth Network called me from jail today to tell me they did hold a bail hearing for him by video and the presiding judge Howard Lane (Burke is on vacation this week.) told him he will be held indefinitely until he decides to give them his “legal name”. Sam is currently held as “John Sam Doe”. Even if he were to give them that name, how it is they will be certain that the name he gives them is legal, I don’t know, as they don’t have ID for him and he hasn’t registered to vote in NH. Sam has not indicated that he will be giving in, meaning he’s stuck in the Cheshire County jail, which despite being one of the better jails in the state, still has its share of problems. Sam said that there was sewage floating in his area of the jail when he arrived, for instance. Plus, they are denying him access to the jail law library, making it even more difficult for him to participate in their tyrannical system.

I don't understand it.  Has he been standing silent at court appearances so far? 

Pretty much.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.