Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009  (Read 81211 times)

slave_3646

Re: Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009
« Reply #270 on: April 17, 2009, 11:11:48 AM »

I have a question for the anti-CD contingent.

What would you do to bring the absurdity of the current situation (obey your masters or else) to a broader public view?

NHArticleTen

« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2009, 11:16:53 AM »

What would you do to bring the absurdity of the current situation (obey your masters or else) to a broader public view?

eventually...at some tipping point...the shit will hit the fan and all hell will break loose...there will be plenty of cross-haired targets on all sides...

of course, that could all be avoided if everyone just left everyone else alone...

but that won't happen and so all sides will suffer casualties...sons and daughters won't come home...fathers and mothers won't come home...grandparents won't come home...

and all because someone wouldn't just leave someone else alone...

sad

really sad

(for what it's worth, I think the CD folks should do whatever makes them happy...it doesn't bother me one way or the other...They are still my brothers and sisters in Liberty!)

blackie

« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2009, 11:20:53 AM »

There are plenty of cases you can point to without creating new ones. But the broader public doesn't care.

I also don't care what the CD crowd does. I just don't understand why they would want to be locked up in a cage.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #273 on: April 17, 2009, 11:27:25 AM »

See, this is part of the problem.

I never said that I was anti-CD.

I said that the people doing it are alienating potential FSP participants and making the FSP look bad.

Not because of the CD itself, but because of the propagandist, collectivist, holier than thou attention whoring masochism that most of the CD people are putting out there.

I don't care what you do, to get your freedom. Ain't my life. Do whatever you want. I just think that altruistic (or self aggrandizing) self sacrifice for a cause is pointless and even negative, if you're trying to sell a movement to people, which the FSP is, indeed, trying to do.

"Imma be free! Watch me go get arrested!"

You can't. People don't care enough yet, and when they do, they won't need the help of people getting themselves arrested over dumb shit to see it.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

OneMaster

« Reply #274 on: April 17, 2009, 01:22:38 PM »

The brainwashing goes deep and goons always see themselves as the victims and justify their force by that thinking.

I'm not sure I quite agree with that. I think the thugs and goons (and their superficially dignified superiors) view themselves as heros, glad to defend their artificial morality against defilers. They don't need to view themselves as victims; their misdeeds are justified by an innate superiority above anyone who acts on differing beliefs. Indeed, we're all just spoiled brats who deserve to be beaten and jailed into conformity. It's ironic the extent to which those who once died for freedom have spawned this tyranny.

NHArticleTen

« Reply #275 on: April 17, 2009, 03:28:25 PM »

There are plenty of cases you can point to without creating new ones. But the broader public doesn't care.

I also don't care what the CD crowd does. I just don't understand why they would want to be locked up in a cage.

I kinda want to believe that they think being locked up in the cage absolves them of the nastier part of the fight where the jailers are refused and repelled so the political prisoners can be released(see Evan Nappen's book http://www.evannappen.com/thedeclaration/)...

whatever...to each their own...

blackie

« Reply #276 on: April 17, 2009, 06:42:36 PM »

http://freekeene.com/2009/04/17/request-from-sam/
Sam has asked that you focus your calls on NH senator Molly Kelly and politely ask her these questions:

1. Do you know there are district courts writing their own rules?
   2. Do you know many of these rules are unconstitutional and against several supreme court rulings?
   3. Did you know that Keene District Court is arresting political prisoners?
   4. You may remember Sam. You have me him a few times. He is one of these political prisoners currently incarcerated.
   5. Do you support the taking of these political prisoners?

Molly’s office number is 603-271-4153 and her home number is 603-357-5118.

Ivy reports that Sam may have a release hearing on Monday. Stay up to date on the Free Keene Forum. Activists are planning a Sunday night candlelight vigil for Sam.
What supreme court rulings is question 2 talking about?
Also, question 4 isn't a question.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 06:44:24 PM by blackie »

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #277 on: April 17, 2009, 07:04:46 PM »

The brainwashing goes deep and goons always see themselves as the victims and justify their force by that thinking.

I'm not sure I quite agree with that. I think the thugs and goons (and their superficially dignified superiors) view themselves as heros, glad to defend their artificial morality against defilers. They don't need to view themselves as victims; their misdeeds are justified by an innate superiority above anyone who acts on differing beliefs. Indeed, we're all just spoiled brats who deserve to be beaten and jailed into conformity. It's ironic the extent to which those who once died for freedom have spawned this tyranny.

I'm sure that they will use either approach depending on their circumstances.  They might see themselves as heros one day and victims the next.  One thing for sure, they will come down hard on those they see as their adversary and they see all "freestaters" in that light, I do believe.  I do not believe they will "give in" to Sam's predicament nor will they care about violating his rights.  For those who want to follow in Sam's footsteps (and I do consider such men real heros) they can expect the same.  Some will be beaten (perhaps Sam already has been) and they will be jailed.  The "charges" against them will be multiplied and sentences will be harsh. 

Make no mistake all.  This is war.  The oppressors want to break the will of those who dare to challenge their imagined authority...

blackie

« Reply #278 on: April 17, 2009, 07:09:56 PM »

Sam is on FTL now.

JWI

« Reply #279 on: April 17, 2009, 07:15:26 PM »

and what has the current set of CD done?  Which freedoms have these brave heroes been fighting for?  My right to use a camera in court?  Maybe I could dig a garden on public ground?

What, if any, broader public view has been gained other than the other CD activists that follow this stuff?  Here's an answer...none.  Most people, if it's reported at all in places they actually pay attention too, think this stuff is goofy and wonder why the CD people don't just stop to avoid this stuff.  They will never ever ask why the police are being mean, they will ask "why are they making the police be mean?"

I know people foolishly believe their CD will "take down the state" but it won't.  Not when it's goofy stuff like digging a garden or using a camera in court.  Since doing anything else smacks of politics, we know they won't do that, so they'll just continue to be thrown in jail, cry and moan about it and change nothing.  At least the cops in Keene will actually have to do some work for their paychecks now.

slave_3646

« Reply #280 on: April 17, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »

and what has the current set of CD done?  Which freedoms have these brave heroes been fighting for?  My right to use a camera in court?  Maybe I could dig a garden on public ground?

What, if any, broader public view has been gained other than the other CD activists that follow this stuff?  Here's an answer...none.  

Gee, I'd say I hate to break it to you but then I'd be lying, but...

Today I was able to get one of my statist co-workers to realize that he's been living in a dreamworld, in part due to the actions of SamIAm. Also today, another co-worker of mine decided it was time to look a bit further into the FSP and the idea of liberty in general, once again, due to the additional coverage that the people practicing CD have created. Like it or not, news travels and people talk about it. Once the fire of liberty has been lit in someone's mind, all it takes is some encouragement to grow bigger and burn hotter.

You might not agree with CD, and that's OK. But to dismiss it's effectiveness as a tool for bringing awareness to the issues, ESPECIALLY when it's over something as trivial as digging a garden, having a couch in your yard, or filming in a public place only emphasizes the abuses we've been allowing ourselves to be subjected to for far too long. After all, if it's silly to protest not being able to do those 'trivial' things, how absurd is it that the 'authorities' get so bent out of shape over it that they need to physically assault, injure, kidnap, and lie over them?

JWI

« Reply #281 on: April 18, 2009, 07:26:35 PM »

What, if any, broader public view has been gained other than the other CD activists that follow this stuff?  Here's an answer...none.  

Gee, I'd say I hate to break it to you but then I'd be lying, but...

Today I was able to get one of my statist co-workers to realize that he's been living in a dreamworld, in part due to the actions of SamIAm. Also today, another co-worker of mine decided it was time to look a bit further into the FSP and the idea of liberty in general, once again, due to the additional coverage that the people practicing CD have created. Like it or not, news travels and people talk about it. Once the fire of liberty has been lit in someone's mind, all it takes is some encouragement to grow bigger and burn hotter.

You might not agree with CD, and that's OK. But to dismiss it's effectiveness as a tool for bringing awareness to the issues, ESPECIALLY when it's over something as trivial as digging a garden, having a couch in your yard, or filming in a public place only emphasizes the abuses we've been allowing ourselves to be subjected to for far too long. After all, if it's silly to protest not being able to do those 'trivial' things, how absurd is it that the 'authorities' get so bent out of shape over it that they need to physically assault, injure, kidnap, and lie over them?

All the hours in jail, all the hours in court, all the hours videotaping goofy arrests for one person.  Wow congratulations.  Only, what, another few hundred thousand to go before something that looks like change happens?

I've turned individuals around as well, without getting myself thrown in jail.  What good did it do?  Nothing.

Go ahead and do CD, I'm fine with you doing what you want.  However I will dismiss it because when the big news is "someone got thrown in jail for a camera in court" or "someone got arrested over a garden" I have to question what effect it might be having.

Be happy about that one person, but keep in mind that one person probably won't be willing to get thrown in jail, or they might actually *gasp* want to do the whole politics thing.  If they choose to go the political route, don't do what so many other CD activists in NH do and shit all over them and tell them they are wasting their time.  I compare the NHLA to the CD people and the only group that seems to be making any advances is the NHLA, no matter how small they may be.

Finally, yes I agree that the couch, garden, all the stuff really, is stupid for the government people to get all bent out of shape over.  It's fun to watch them freak out trying to figure out what to do.  However they do have unlimited time, money and manpower and I just don't think any CD movement can stack up to it.  I got a bad taste in my mouth from the CD activists in NH telling me I was "stupid" or wasting my time because I preferred the political route.  After that experience I got really turned off to NH.  I also got turned off to politics so I guess there's a point for the CD crowd.

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 18, 2009, 11:31:47 PM »

Be happy about that one person, but keep in mind that one person probably won't be willing to get thrown in jail, or they might actually *gasp* want to do the whole politics thing.  If they choose to go the political route, don't do what so many other CD activists in NH do and shit all over them and tell them they are wasting their time.  I compare the NHLA to the CD people and the only group that seems to be making any advances is the NHLA, no matter how small they may be.

this

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 19, 2009, 09:34:37 AM »

(for what it's worth, I think the CD folks should do whatever makes them happy...it doesn't bother me one way or the other...They are still my brothers and sisters in Liberty!)

this times 2
Comrade Obama, Sorry but I have already served my country.

zackbass

« Reply #284 on: April 19, 2009, 01:00:23 PM »

Sam Dodson, (SamIAm) was arrested at Keene district Court for recording without bureaucrat permission.

Yeah, nothing new in NH, they were getting press about this Law three years ago:

http://NHFree.org/thelist/
Quote from: TheList
Note that Mr Gannon did violate New Hampshire's Law against audiotaping criminal cops to get the goods on them. Apparently the Majority of New Hampsters are filthy shitheads who want such Laws. We all know that there is a small Minority of New Hampsters who are NOT shitheads and DO want to allow Liberty for their neighbors, but they have a Democracy there and the Majority always get to put the Minority in a CAGE if they feel like it.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 01:25:30 PM by zackbass »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.