Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009  (Read 81219 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009
« Reply #225 on: April 16, 2009, 02:42:35 PM »

Wait, Keene doesnt have a copwatch program?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 16, 2009, 03:26:14 PM »

To wit, the Keeniacs should find appropriate T-shirts w/slogans to outfit those who go to the kitchen for soup...and then video the thugs that might have the balls to turn hungry, needy people away because of their clothing...

I will be happy to donate to the "hoodies for the homeless" program to donate hooded sweatshirts with anti-statist slogans or graphics.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

NHArticleTen

« Reply #227 on: April 16, 2009, 03:39:33 PM »

To wit, the Keeniacs should find appropriate T-shirts w/slogans to outfit those who go to the kitchen for soup...and then video the thugs that might have the balls to turn hungry, needy people away because of their clothing...

I will be happy to donate to the "hoodies for the homeless" program to donate hooded sweatshirts with anti-statist slogans or graphics.

that would be awesome and they might very well be utilized at multiple events...

blackie

« Reply #228 on: April 16, 2009, 03:47:30 PM »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2009, 03:49:44 PM »

Shall the CD people round up the homeless before each event, feed them, then involve them in the activism?
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2009, 03:50:42 PM »

Shall the CD people round up the homeless before each event, feed them, then involve them in the activism?

Sorry if that sounded like I was referring to them as cattle, I didnt intend such.

blackie

« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2009, 03:54:48 PM »

http://freekeene.com/2009/04/16/superintendent-van-wickler-on-sam-and-releasing-prisoners/

Superintendent Van Wickler on Sam and Releasing Prisoners

Ian at 12:46 pm on Thursday, April 16, 2009

This morning I had a nice conversation with Superintendent (and Law Enforcement Against Prohibition speaker) Rick Van Wickler of the Cheshire County Jail. According to him, Sam is eating but apparently wasn’t until just recently, and that he is still not cooperating so therefore has not been classified. That means he can’t be in population, therefore he is likely in solitary confinement until he decides to submit to some of their questions and a TB test.

I asked Rick what level of control he has over releasing inmates and he explained that he answers to the judges with one exception. If an inmate has been sentenced and has served 2/3 of the sentence, the superintendent has the ability to release them anytime after that point. For those with political inclinations, this is a state statute apparently so it could be changed to allow superintendents to release any prisoner as early as they deem appropriate. As long as this inhumane system exists, that change would allow for more compassion and give the jail superintendents a nice check against bad judges. Imagine someone like Van Wickler just cutting loose all peaceful inmates in on drug charges, or other peaceful inmates like Sam. Of course, at this stage Sam hasn’t been sentenced or arraigned, so Van Wickler has no control over Sam’s release at all. If he were to release Sam anyway, he’d be charged with contempt of court and likely imprisoned in his own facility. As nice as it would be to see more bureaucrats buck the system that provides them with a paycheck, it’s not too probable that will occur. Mr. Van Wickler, like many government bureaucrats, is a man who has chosen allegiance with a system that he doesn’t fully agree with. It’s a system that is so dangerous and intimidating that he dares not risk defying it beyond speaking out against it. For his courage to speak out against its depredations and his dedication to running his inherently inhumane facility in the most compassionate way possible within the confines of that system, he should be appreciated. For his fear of retribution for doing the right thing, he should be forgiven. We have all been afraid.

This knowledge about prisoner release leaves us with a few options:

Persuade judge Burke to do the right thing and stop hearing cases with no victim and allow cameras in his court. I have a call in to the court in an attempt to get a lunch date with him to discuss such matters. Perhaps your phone calls to the court can help in this.

Encourage the NHLA to work in the system on giving jail superintendents more ability to release inmates. I find working in the system repulsive, but this would be a very positive change and one I’d be willing to contribute financially toward.

More disobedience and noncooperation. This one is inevitable as more people get fed up with this oppression, move to Keene, and join the peaceful evolution.
What am I missing? Please post your comments.

SAM UPDATE: Ivy is attempting to meet with Sam and get a signature from him so she can represent him at Keene District Court. It’s my understanding she is also working to file a writ of habeas corpus for Sam. Get the latest on Sam on this Free Keene forum thread.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2009, 05:16:01 PM »

This one is inevitable as more people get fed up with this oppression, move to Keene, and join the peaceful evolution.

LOL self contradictory statements.

If you get fed up with oppression, you don't move toward it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 05:18:42 PM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
  • Aint no thang but a chicken wing!
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2009, 05:17:17 PM »

This one is inevitable as more people get fed up with this oppression, move to Keene, and join the peaceful evolution.

burned
Feel free to add me to facebook, or contact me on MSN.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2009, 05:28:13 PM »

burned

It's just the truth, though. These aren't people who are fed up with oppression, they are people who seek it out and thrive on it.

Self abuse does not a freedom movement make.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
  • Aint no thang but a chicken wing!
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #235 on: April 16, 2009, 05:35:37 PM »

It's called a slavery complex

The slave actively seeks out more punishment from his master in order to make the master a self destructive monster.  It ends up killing the slave

The other slavery complex is to be too helpful, keep his glass full, so to speak.  He'll consume himself to death. 

At least this is what I've read about.
Feel free to add me to facebook, or contact me on MSN.

JWI

« Reply #236 on: April 16, 2009, 07:25:51 PM »

I just think that the main purpose of CD right now is to get more activists to move to NH.  CD will not become very productive at changing the state until there are enough activists.  And 20,000 activists in NH would definitely be enough to get things changed.  The state would not have enough resources to take on 20,000 people.

You assume all 20,000 would be involved in CD.  What if they aren't?  What if only 1000 are involved with CD and the other 19000 are doing something else?

The CD people in NH have turned many people off from moving to NH.  That is a fact.  Some of us don't want to already have a negative label because we're also part of the FSP.  Unfortunately the CD people will bring the shit down on everyone else who has even a dim link to the FSP.

slave_3646

« Reply #237 on: April 16, 2009, 07:32:16 PM »

I just think that the main purpose of CD right now is to get more activists to move to NH.  CD will not become very productive at changing the state until there are enough activists.  And 20,000 activists in NH would definitely be enough to get things changed.  The state would not have enough resources to take on 20,000 people.

You assume all 20,000 would be involved in CD.  What if they aren't?  What if only 1000 are involved with CD and the other 19000 are doing something else?

The CD people in NH have turned many people off from moving to NH.  That is a fact.  Some of us don't want to already have a negative label because we're also part of the FSP.  Unfortunately the CD people will bring the shit down on everyone else who has even a dim link to the FSP.

You're so very right. I wouldn't dare make master angry. Master might make things worse for everyone if I did. And then all my fellow slaves would be mad at me because master would be taking it's anger out on everyone. We must obey master and try to change master's rules by following master's rules, of course!

JWI

« Reply #238 on: April 16, 2009, 07:49:11 PM »

You're so very right. I wouldn't dare make master angry. Master might make things worse for everyone if I did. And then all my fellow slaves would be mad at me because master would be taking it's anger out on everyone. We must obey master and try to change master's rules by following master's rules, of course!

...and this proves the behavior of the CD crowd in NH that turns a lot of people off from the thought of moving to NH.

blackie

« Reply #239 on: April 16, 2009, 08:08:30 PM »

Has there been media coverage on this besides FTL and the Keene Sentinel?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 32 queries.