Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009  (Read 81232 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2009, 10:42:34 PM »

Why do you believe CD to be counter-productive? What method(s) would you use instead to get the point across to a broader audience?

This has been discussed multiple times here and on a lot of other message boards.  I don't believe that someone garnering negative attention by being thrown into county lockup, and then using up local taxpayer dollars to rot in county lockup for x amount of days is productive.  Yeah, it gets attention - but the majority of people see it as stupid.  Especially though who don't have "libertarian" ideals to begin with.  There are a lot of reasons, but most importantly - instead of rotting in jail today, I'm going to work.  So I don't want to have an argument, debate, discussion, or clusterfuck about this subject AGAIN. 

You are wrong.  CD garners sympathy from the population.  It forces officials to examine their laws.  As Ian said, imagine if even 1% of Keene were activists?  Instead of only 5 people being arrested, what if it were 100?  All for filming?  The Keene PD would become the laughing stock of the country.  Public opinion is very powerful, and this will garner positive attention, not negative attention.

Sympathy from the population?  Are you high or something?  People laugh at this shit.  I think it would be effective with a larger group of people, but right now it isn't.  Which begs the question of how we get it popular amongst more people.  Well, it's sort of a cycle, and we'll see where it goes.  I fully believe it attracts more negative attention than positive. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2009, 10:43:30 PM »

The Keene PD would become the laughing stock of the country.  Public opinion is very powerful, and this will garner positive attention, not negative attention.
Do you realize that the FSP is the laughing stock of NH?

Serious question: why do you frequent these forums and follow the movement so closely if you believe it to be worthy of being a laughing stock?

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2009, 10:44:36 PM »

The Keene PD would become the laughing stock of the country.  Public opinion is very powerful, and this will garner positive attention, not negative attention.

Serious question: why do you frequent these forums and follow the movement so closely if you believe it to be worthy of being a laughing stock?

If they invaded your state, wouldn't you?

blackie

« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2009, 10:45:53 PM »

Do you have the one that same artist did after Mike Fisher's "outlaw manicure"?
I was referring to that one
I don't think so. I may have it on a backup somewhere. But I'm not going to look for it.

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2009, 10:46:17 PM »

If they invaded your state, wouldn't you?

Only if I thought they had some sort of chance of changing things, and changing things in a way I did not want.

I don't know blackie well enough to know where he stands. But if he indeed does not appreciate the FSP in NH, his attention to it only gives it more legitimacy.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2009, 10:49:09 PM »

his attention to it only gives it more legitimacy.
Y'know, John, I am really starting to appreciate just how MUCH entertainment there is to be had here!!!

BonerJoe

« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2009, 10:51:26 PM »

BERRIES AND CREAM

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2009, 10:56:37 PM »

his attention to it only gives it more legitimacy.

So...

If I act like a dickhead and run around pissing on people's food, and throwing turds around, and people pay attention to that fact, then they are giving my food pissing, shit throwing methods legitimacy?

The logic doesn't follow.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2009, 10:59:57 PM »

If I act like a dickhead and run around pissing on people's food, and throwing turds around, and people pay attention to that fact, then they are giving my food pissing, shit throwing methods legitimacy?

No. But they wouldn't call you a laughing stock either. They'd call you a threat.

If the FSP is considered a threat, it's a step toward what they want. Not a violent threat of course, but a threat to the status quo.

JWI

« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2009, 11:01:03 PM »

Sympathy from the population?  Are you high or something?  People laugh at this shit.  I think it would be effective with a larger group of people, but right now it isn't.  Which begs the question of how we get it popular amongst more people.  Well, it's sort of a cycle, and we'll see where it goes.  I fully believe it attracts more negative attention than positive. 

Don't bother Lindsey.  Most libertarians have this mental block that makes it impossible for them to see why other people aren't horrified by the tyranny of not allowing camera's in a courtroom.

Let 'em do their CD stuff, and maybe someday we can all have the freedom of taking pictures of our friends in court just before they're looked up for something else.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2009, 11:01:23 PM »

They'd call you a threat.

And what does a powerful state who vastly outnumbers and outguns said threat do to it?

Yeah.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2009, 11:01:51 PM »

a threat to the status quo.
I don't think they think that.

blackie

« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2009, 11:12:44 PM »

It not a matter of what I think, it's about public opinion. People in NH only hear about the "crazy freestaters". But like I said, most people in NH don't know anything about the FSP. But Keene is a "small town", and I'm sure "the powers that be" are having a good laugh over the antics.

The "movement" is like a reality show on the internet. Kinda.

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2009, 11:16:35 PM »

They'd call you a threat.

And what does a powerful state who vastly outnumbers and outguns said threat do to it?

Yeah.

So it's pointless? I should stop? I should live the rest of my life as comfortable as possible trying to stay away from the guns?

Don't think it doesn't cross my mind every time I see someone I know locked up. I do wonder if I live in a box around so many people doing the same thing I am that I have a false sense of progress. But at the same time, we see the support from locals who have felt the violence of government in their own life. Most people will not realize what exactly we are speaking against until their business is getting regulated, or their family members railroaded.

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »

...I'm sure "the powers that be" are having a good laugh over the antics.

What would you have to see to change your mind from "they're laughing" to "they're annoyed" to "they're worried"?

And if you think the project will be ineffectual, how do you predict it will end? Fizzle out as activists lose interest and "grow up"?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.