Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009  (Read 81227 times)

blackie

Re: Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2009, 09:50:37 AM »

What is retarded is SCREAMING like a baby. This shows you are an attention whore (like everyone else) that isn't clever enough to get attention in a positive way. That does more harm than good, all that hollerin'
Sam was being tortured, so I hear.

Spideynw

• Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2009, 09:57:59 AM »

Why do you believe CD to be counter-productive? What method(s) would you use instead to get the point across to a broader audience?

This has been discussed multiple times here and on a lot of other message boards.  I don't believe that someone garnering negative attention by being thrown into county lockup, and then using up local taxpayer dollars to rot in county lockup for x amount of days is productive.  Yeah, it gets attention - but the majority of people see it as stupid.  Especially though who don't have "libertarian" ideals to begin with.  There are a lot of reasons, but most importantly - instead of rotting in jail today, I'm going to work.  So I don't want to have an argument, debate, discussion, or clusterfuck about this subject AGAIN. 

You are wrong.  CD garners sympathy from the population.  It forces officials to examine their laws.  As Ian said, imagine if even 1% of Keene were activists?  Instead of only 5 people being arrested, what if it were 100?  All for filming?  The Keene PD would become the laughing stock of the country.  Public opinion is very powerful, and this will garner positive attention, not negative attention.

blackie

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2009, 10:02:37 AM »

The Keene PD would become the laughing stock of the country.  Public opinion is very powerful, and this will garner positive attention, not negative attention.
Do you realize that the FSP is the laughing stock of NH?

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
  • Aint no thang but a chicken wing!
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2009, 10:06:34 AM »

The Keene PD would become the laughing stock of the country.  Public opinion is very powerful, and this will garner positive attention, not negative attention.

Is that really true, or is it just the laughing stock of . .um. . you?
Feel free to add me to facebook, or contact me on MSN.

blackie

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2009, 10:12:56 AM »

Well, the people in NH that know about the FSP and are not a part of it.  It is entertainment for them. But most people in NH don't know what the FSP is.

People in NH love the cops.

blackie

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2009, 10:15:36 AM »

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=17822.msg294278#msg294278

Per Ian @ P411, Sam is not cooperating with the video arraignment, and is being held until he chooses to cooperate. Let the waiting game begin

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2009, 10:34:21 AM »

Well, the people in NH that know about the FSP and are not a part of it.  It is entertainment for them. But most people in NH don't know what the FSP is.

People in NH love the cops.

Well, there will always be people opposed to what we are doing.  They'll see the actions of the FSP as being vulgar and uncivilized. It doesn't mean what they are doing is wrong, it just means they don't know what in the hell they are talking about.

Spideynw

• Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2009, 10:47:30 AM »

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=17822.msg294278#msg294278

Per Ian @ P411, Sam is not cooperating with the video arraignment, and is being held until he chooses to cooperate. Let the waiting game begin

By law, they have to let him go after something like 48 hours, no?

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2009, 10:47:44 AM »

The other day, some crazy woman climbed into a polar bear enclosure at a zoo. As might be expected, she was badly bitten before being pulled to safety. Her entering the cage made as much sense as civil disobedience by a small number of activists.

Such actions do nothing to further liberty. Those outside the movement-l-the vast majority of people--just watch the news. "Just look at those idiots! Thank God the police are around to deal with 'em."

One person disobeying a bad law, or even a handful, do nothing. Large numbers ignoring bad laws get things changed!
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2009, 10:58:24 AM »

The other day, some crazy woman climbed into a polar bear enclosure at a zoo. As might be expected, she was badly bitten before being pulled to safety. Her entering the cage made as much sense as civil disobedience by a small number of activists.

Such actions do nothing to further liberty. Those outside the movement-l-the vast majority of people--just watch the news. "Just look at those idiots! Thank God the police are around to deal with 'em."

One person disobeying a bad law, or even a handful, do nothing. Large numbers ignoring bad laws get things changed!

That's what the FSP is for. . .we just have to be patient until everyone gets there. 

davann

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2009, 10:59:26 AM »

Small numbers come before large ones. I am on the Shaw side of the fence, don't poke the bear. It is about priorities. My highest priority is to be left alone. Sam's is obviously pointing out the inherent flaws in the system. To each their own.

Lind's comment about CD being useless is outright wrong, short sided and extremely biased. The simple singular acts of one Indian led to a nonviolent revolution that freed his people from oppressions. The words and actions of one African American led to sweeping societal changes in a land populated largely by the bigoted and ignorant. CD is a powerful tool that can swell small numbers into large ones. While doing nothing accomplishes nothing.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2009, 11:19:13 AM »

Yes, it has to start somewhere. Only by growing can it grow.  If I make it around to the FSP then recruiting at events will be a major concern of mine.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Spideynw

• Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2009, 11:22:57 AM »

And I agree with Ian, that this will bring even more activists to NH.  So a handful does result in something.  It gets the large numbers to come to NH to get things changed!

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2009, 11:38:32 AM »

Yeah, that Rosa Parks really was a dumb shit, wasn't she?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2009, 11:50:08 AM »

Yeah, that Rosa Parks really was a dumb shit, wasn't she?

Excellent example. She was an activist just like SamIAm, but what is the most that most people know about her? She refused to move on the bus one time.
I dont know Sam is up to her scale yet but...
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009

// ]]>

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 33 queries.