Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009  (Read 81538 times)

Alex Libman

Re: Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2009, 05:21:12 PM »

I'm disgusted with the general "he had it coming" attitude I'm seeing on this thread!

SamIam did a very brave thing for the benefit of his freedom and ours.

Every time someone refuses to stop video recording government thugs and is willing to get arrested if necessary - tyranny gets a little bit more expensive for them to implement!

I for one am very grateful.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 05:25:26 PM by Alex Libman »

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
  • Aint no thang but a chicken wing!
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2009, 05:24:09 PM »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iHjjzKPzzw[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5iHjjzKPzzw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5iHjjzKPzzw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
A little something
Feel free to add me to facebook, or contact me on MSN.

blackie

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2009, 05:27:39 PM »

Congratulations!

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2009, 05:36:05 PM »

It wasnt really a rumble but I am appreciative of their efforts.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2009, 06:11:16 PM »

I'm disgusted with the general "he had it coming" attitude I'm seeing on this thread!

I don't think it's so much a case of "He had it coming" as "He knew exactly what he was getting into and acting surprised about it is disingenuous."
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2009, 06:21:45 PM »

I don't think it's so much a case of "He had it coming" as "He knew exactly what he was getting into and acting surprised about it is disingenuous."

Same thing different tone.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
  • Aint no thang but a chicken wing!
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2009, 06:21:57 PM »

I don't think they were acting surprised as much as emphasizing that they did nothing illegal
Feel free to add me to facebook, or contact me on MSN.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2009, 06:55:48 PM »

The real question is what the tactical goal is, and how effective these tactics are at attaining that goal.

Alex Libman

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2009, 07:36:27 PM »

The word "tactics" implies some sort of centralization, which isn't very compatible with a movement like the FSP.  Different people have different abilities, predispositions, and levels of commitment - and all those can change with time and circumstance.  It's hard to put a value on how willing someone is to be dragged away to jail, or how difficult it may be for someone to back down and kiss some pig ass in a given circumstance.  As much as we may try to control ourselves, emotions do play a role.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:42:26 PM by Alex Libman »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2009, 07:58:49 PM »

Same thing different tone.

Naw, because one implies that he deserved it, and the other doesn't.

I don't think he deserved it. I just think that people pretending to be surprised when he shows up at a courthouse to record a guy getting into trouble for recording at a courthouse and he gets into trouble, is rather disingenuous. Everyone there knew perfectly well what was gonna happen to the dude.

Did he deserve it? No. Was it inevitable? Yeah.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

blackie

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2009, 08:06:22 PM »

Dale should be a courtroom sketch artist when they don't allow video.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2009, 08:17:04 PM »

Why hasnt anyone secretly installed cameras around the inside of the courtroom yet? Then you dont have to even be there!

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2009, 08:56:13 PM »

The word "tactics" implies some sort of centralization
No it doesn't. Every person has both short-term and long-term goals.

It's reasonable to assume that the long-term goal of everyone involved, is a dramatic reduction in the size and scope of government. My personal strategy (which is shared by most FSPers) involves legislative change, primarily by having libertarians take significant numbers of offices in local and state government, and also by supporting and opposing specific pieces of legislation.

My personal tactics include flyering against the proposed seat-belt law, public testimony in support of the medical marijuana law, contributions of time and money to particular liberty-oriented candidates, and so forth. Many people who share my goal and strategy also participate in the same very same tactical efforts.

Now, I again ask the question, mostly of anyone involved with today's events in Keene:
What is the tactical goal, and how effective are these tactics at attaining that goal?

Alex Libman

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2009, 09:13:34 PM »

The word "tactics" implies some sort of centralization, which isn't very compatible with a movement like the FSP.  Different people have different abilities, predispositions, and levels of commitment - and all those can change with time and circumstance.  It's hard to put a value on how willing someone is to be dragged away to jail, or how difficult it may be for someone to back down and kiss some pig ass in a given circumstance.  As much as we may try to control ourselves, emotions do play a role.

No it doesn't. Every person has both short-term and long-term goals.

It's reasonable to assume that the long-term goal of everyone involved, is a dramatic reduction in the size and scope of government. My personal strategy (which is shared by most FSPers) involves legislative change, primarily by having libertarians take significant numbers of offices in local and state government, and also by supporting and opposing specific pieces of legislation.

My personal tactics include flyering against the proposed seat-belt law, public testimony in support of the medical marijuana law, contributions of time and money to particular liberty-oriented candidates, and so forth. Many people who share my goal and strategy also participate in the same very same tactical efforts.

Now, I again ask the question, mostly of anyone involved with today's events in Keene:
What is the tactical goal, and how effective are these tactics at attaining that goal?

Only SamIam can answer that for himself.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2009, 09:25:36 PM »

Do you feel they are caught up in a frenzy and are relying on others to think for them?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.