Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Gots me a ticket for no seatbelt.... this is what the pig told me.........
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Gots me a ticket for no seatbelt.... this is what the pig told me.........  (Read 15198 times)

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick

Illinois state Pig pulls me over for no seatbelt this weekend.

He says "Well, the good news is that seatbelt violations went from 75 bucks, down to 60."

Yay. Feels so much better when you get robbed and the guy gives back a little.

He also said, and I quote, "Yeah, we used to just go after the gang bangers for this, but they all started wearing their seatbelts, so to make up for it, we had to start going after everyone else."

All I could think of to say was "Alright, just give me my ticket........... and you guys wonder why everyone hates your guts"

Fuck-hole just looked at me all cocky with a smirk, gave me the ticket and walked away.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance

move to NH!

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

move to NH!

But I still wanna buy my booze at a regular store.  :P

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin

Ive been done 3 times here for the same thing. The fines are $240 plus I lose 3 points off my licence. Cunts.
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg

Yeah. Cops are bad.

Now that's out of the way I have a question.

Why don't you guys just wear your seatbelts?

Ecolitan

• View Profile

It's funny.  On a motorcycle I wear boots, jacket, gloves, helmet, sunglasses, overpants and breathy doo rag thingy to keep my helmet from stinking. and I take them off and put them on every time I stop ('cept the boots which I may or may not change to something more comfortable when I get to my final destination, and the overpants they stay til I am where I'm going).  I do this several times a day almost every day.  I can rarely be bothered to buckle.  I'm short, most seat belts rub on my neck.  No idea where the seat belt sits on my current van, never worn it.  My state has mandatory seat belt laws but not helmets.

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin

Yeah. Cops are bad.

Now that's out of the way I have a question.

Why don't you guys just wear your seatbelts?

I deliver pizzas. Putting your seatbelt on to drive 500m is bullshit.
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

Bill Brasky

Wear it for your own personal safety.  They're just assholes programmed to fuck around with the citizenry.  

It doesn't matter what state you're in when you crawl out of the wreckage.  

Fred

• View Profile

yea, it sucks that its mandatory with a threat of a fine - just wear the sumbitch and don't give em the satisfaction!

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...

I wore my seat belts since 1969 until the passed a law.  Then for principal I said "no more".  That was maybe 20 years ago and I've had a lot of time to think about this "seat belt" safety issue.  I've concluded that seat belts are not that big of a deal.  The reason for my conclusion is that in order for a seat belt to provide you with ANY benefit, you have to first get into an accident of sufficient velocity for it to prevent injury.  You also have to rule out all accidents where the seat belt itself will injure you (fire, drowning, and the occasional seat belt trauma).  I've been driving since 1967 and I've never been in an accident where seat belts would have prevented injury.  I know that this is not the case for many others out there who cannot drive defensively and get into accidents on a regular basis (you know who you are...) but even so if you run the numbers, you have to decide whether you want to use them or not.

Take the likelihood that you will be in a major accident and divide that by the percentage of time that seat belts are actually effective and you have a very slim chance of seat belts actually saving you from injury. 

This said, I make my 17 y.o. wear his seat belt.  I also put on my seat belt when I see one of the gang of thugs who might ticket me (never been ticketed yet). 

BonerJoe

move to NH!

You can always drive to Mass.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance

I was a member of the NH Commission on Passenger Restraints. We heard from experts in every field, and of course from asswipes from the FedGov who wanted to give us money.

Anyway, seat belts are extremely dangerous if they are against your neck -- in the event of a crash, the first thing that happens is your carotid artery gets severed, at which point at least you'll die quickly and painlessly and not have to deal with the trauma of a shattered leg.

Also it is uncommon -- but not freakishly so -- for a person without a seatbelt to be thrown clear of a car, who with a seatbelt would have been crushed & killed. This is particularly true of driver-side collisions, generally at intersections. Two different members of the NH House of Representatives gave floor speeches last year, saying that they were alive today only because they were thrown clear of their cars.

Seat belts greatly increase your chances of survival, especially in a modern car with ABS braking and proper crumple zones. All the aspects of safety in the car are designed to protect the human who is expected to be exactly where the seat belt keeps them. But used improperly, fitted improperly, or in just the wrong accident, the seat belt ensures your death.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

move to NH!

You can always drive to Mass.

Then, once again, id have to wear my seatbelt.

You just cant win.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Gots me a ticket for no seatbelt.... this is what the pig told me.........

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 34 queries.